Current Rankings

jbizzle09

Just for more sh*ts and grins, Lunardi's last Bracketology segment has VCU, Butler, Temple and .... wait for it .... St. Joe's in from the A10 (St. Joe's is Lunardi's alma mater and he does color TV and radio for them still). CBS has the same top three, but adds DAYTON as the fourth. Yeah ... Dayton.

Nonetheless, my contacts at SVU are now SWEARING CBS is, of course, correct. Lunardi has St. Joe's as a ten seed; CBS gave that ten seed to Dayton. Isn't speculation grand?

Of the 7 Bracketologists who have submitted a bracket since the New Mexico game, 3 have SLU in (although there is no standard of what this means, today? projecting to March?). Dayton is not on any of them (Dayton was a 10 seed on CBS just after Christmas). UMass actually has two mentions in the last 7 and LaSalle and Charlotte have one. Butler and VCU are unanimous.

The best mindless speculation is the guy (http://96madness.wordpress.com/96-conference-champ-guarantee/) who creates brackets for the tourney IF it had 96 teams. The A-10 has 9 bids then.

Since there's a lot of talk about stats and rankings, here's a sort-of-stat I like. Two summers ago (2011), I went to Vegas and went into a sports book wanting to put $20.00 down on the Billikens to win the national championship. It was more of a symbolic/loyalty bet than smart money. The guy gave me a sheet with the futures odd and SLU was not on the list of about 70 teams. I asked the guy why they weren't on there, and he told me that only so many teams get actual odds, and that the rest are placed in the "field." He said that if I wanted to bet on SLU, I would have to place my money on the "field." I didn't.

Last summer (2012), I went to Vegas again and did the same thing. This time, SLU actually made the list and had odds. I think it was 60-1. So, I have $20.00 on SLU to win the title this year. I'm not counting on the $1,200.00, but it was nice to see that we have moved up the rankings in the eyes of the Vegas odds makers.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="RiseAndGrind" data-cid="334421" data-time="1357230374"><p>

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="billiken_roy" data-cid="334417" data-time="1357229591"><p><blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="SShoe" data-cid="334414" data-time="1357228898"><p>A win on Friday and then 11-5 in conference would put us smack on the bubble. It would be a stressful Selection Sunday. 12-4 should put us in, while a 13-3 record would put us in lock mode and hopefully a seed higher than 8/9.<br />

<br />

The optimist in me says that these computer rankings are significantly underrating us at the moment because of KM's absence. The projections have us going 11-5 the rest of the way, so I think the return of KM adds at least 1 more win. I think the over-under for conference wins is 12.5.</p></blockquote>

<br />

i know the committee has stated that there are no set number of teams per conference, but i believe that is just lip service to protect them for their later picks. if the a-10 is as strong as i believe it is, i think we get at least four teams and probably 5. assuming the worst and we only get 4 and one of them is an upset conference winner, i say finish top 3 and we are in. i dont care what the record is, just finish third or better. </p></blockquote>

Agreed, Roy. With that said, I think 12 wins is what it is going to take to finish third or better. <br />

<br />

VCU and Butler are as good as advertised. After that, I think SLU can beat any of the other teams. <br />

<br />

Umass .... Win<br />

@ Temple.... Loss<br />

Rhode Island.... Win<br />

@ Duquesne .... Win<br />

@ Bonnies... Win<br />

Butler .... win<br />

Dayton... Win<br />

@ Fordham... Win<br />

@ Richmond... win<br />

Charlotte.... win<br />

VCU.... Loss<br />

@Butler ... Loss<br />

St. Joes... Win<br />

@GWU.... Win<br />

@Xavier.... win <br />

La Salle... win<br />

<br />

Alright - I have them going 13-3. I wouldn't be surprised if they played one really terrible road game (per tradition) to end up 12-4.</p></blockquote>

A lot of typing for nothing... All that matters is The Wiz's line. He's Punxsutawney Phil, Hank Goldberg and the Pope rolled into one.

Nobody beats The Wiz.

But even Wiz's computer model is probably undervaluing us at the moment.

Actually. right now I have the Bills at 41 a good solid A-. Under rated??? I think we are fairly rated at this time. Towards the beginning of the season I had us at about 45-50....some good wins and some painful losses and we have moved up a bit. I see no reason we can not continue to improve. With KM getting back to form and the Bills "learning" Crews good things are on the horizon.

After the Savannah game, I will do an A-10 preview. For those wanting a sneak peek, I have the Bills at #2 in the conference (behind VCU) and dancing. I see the key to the season as the 2 game set on Feb19 (VCU here) followed by Feb 22(Butler there). A sweep and you are talking about a high seed.

Interesting note:
While it is just a snapshot in time, the Sagarin ratings currently have us ahead of every team in the Catholic 7. Only Marquette has beaten a top 50 team.

44 St. Louis
45 Georgetown
48 Marquette
73 Seton Hall
94 Providence
102 Villanova
119 St. John’s
136 DePaul

Just for more sh*ts and grins, Lunardi's last Bracketology segment has VCU, Butler, Temple and .... wait for it .... St. Joe's in from the A10 (St. Joe's is Lunardi's alma mater and he does color TV and radio for them still). CBS has the same top three, but adds DAYTON as the fourth. Yeah ... Dayton.

Nonetheless, my contacts at SVU are now SWEARING CBS is, of course, correct. Lunardi has St. Joe's as a ten seed; CBS gave that ten seed to Dayton. Isn't speculation grand?

shits-and-giggles.jpg

Lunardi has us as 48th on his S curve as of yesterday 49th is Floridat St. which is his "last in". New Bracketology comes out 1/7.

He has the Lobos at 19.

0.0 love anywhere else

A lot of love to be had with a win at Temple on Saturday. Hopefully go 2-0 between now and then. We would definitely receive votes then.

Tired? C'mon these are young men in the prime of their lives. They get a relaxing plane ride on Friday, please let it be a charter, a practice and film session on Friday, then a walkthru on Saturday morning. Problem is UMass is an uptempo team, so we're gonna have to be the team setting the tempo. UMass is not a gimme, so let's not be looking past them Minutemen. But if we can manage to come out of this with 2 Ws I'm thinking we'll sneak into the top 25. Temple's highly regarded because of the W over Cuse and hanging w/ the JHawks at the FOGG. I'd be real pleased w 1-1, and ecstatic at 2-0 this weekend.