ARon

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jordair Jett@Th3ManHimself

For the record.. my headband ain't have ###### to do with the game. Thanks

Well considering JJ probably had the ######iest game of anyone last night, I wish a reporter would respectfully ask him what did.

I have a feeling that this Billikens team is going to get an education when they watch/play Kansas next week in KC. The Billikens haven't played a super-elite team since they had those games against UNC and Duke a handful of years back.

I am not sure you are aware of this but SLU played Mich St. a few months ago (a team that was top 5 or 10 depending on how you view those things). That Mich St. team just beat Kansas a few days ago. I have no idea what you mean by "super elite" but Xavier, New Mexico, Temple, and Memphis were all pretty good teams but possibly not top 10. If you mean "super elite" in some type of name/branding sense your logic is circular.

I am not sure you are aware of this but SLU played Mich St. a few months ago (a team that was top 5 or 10 depending on how you view those things). That Mich St. team just beat Kansas a few days ago. I have no idea what you mean by "super elite" but Xavier, New Mexico, Temple, and Memphis were all pretty good teams but possibly not top 10. If you mean "super elite" in some type of name/branding sense your logic is circular.

You're right. You can put Michigan St in the UNCs and Dukes.

When I talk about super elite programs, I'm talking about the teams that are at the very top of the rankings year in and out. The teams that churn out NBA talent season after season.

Xavier, Temple and Memphis are very good teams. But they aren't institutions like Kansas, UNC, Kentucky, Indiana, etc.

I have very high expectations for the Billikens. Not just this season, but every year. They should strive to be the best. They shouldn't settle for being "very good" -- they should work to turn this program into a national championship contender every season.

It takes a million things to get to be that good, but one of them is learning how to act like one. How to train like one, practice like one, play like one, study like one.

You don't get that by watching New Mexico. You do that by watching Rick Pitino's teams, Roy Williams' teams, Bill Self's teams.

Don't learn from the very good. Learn from the very best.

On one hand, while it's nice to laud Mr. Conklin's continued following of the program, he's gone and it's not for him to say. Based on what Jett replied, he's not happy with Conklin either (although it's tough to interpret black type on white space). There should be enough leadership on this team to do the right thing w/o Conklin getting involved. Heart in the right place; head, not so much.

From twitter:

@BrianConklin14: Good thing they were worried about their headbands tonight. #Terrible

Conklin is still the man.

I imagine him getting in player's faces last night or delivering a forearm to Clark in order to fire up the team. We had no leader last night. If you are going to wear those headbands, don't play like sh*t.

I imagine him getting in player's faces last night or delivering a forearm to Clark in order to fire up the team. We had no leader last night. If you are going to wear those headbands, don't play like sh*t.

You the man, as in Backhand the man.

Crews and the players said repeatedly that this is still Majerus' team. Well it doesn't look that way to me in any way. Not the offense. Not the defense. Not the way we look. Not the attitude.

That my friends is a problem. Majerus isn't here and isn't coming back. Somebody better step up and make this team theirs.

"My headband didn't have (feces, scat, poop, etc) to do with the game."

Would've been much more gramatically correct

I'm guessing you do not follow Jett on Twitter. Because if JJ's use of the word "ain't" is a problem for you, then you do not want to look at any other Tweets that he, and many of the other members of the team, sends out.

+1

I'm guessing you do not follow Jett on Twitter. Because if JJ's use of the word "ain't" is a problem for you, then you do not want to look at any other Tweets that he, and many of the other members of the team, sends out.

Total smartass reply (on my part.) I don't tweet or even facebook. I couldn't care less what Jordair or any of the players say. I tend to side with Conk on this one though.

" my headband ain't have ###### to do with the game." ....................................what's his gpa?

Roy what gives?

There was a day and time you'd never unload on a Billiken player. A Billiken Coach, yes. Comments about gpa's and worst I've seen in 40 years of Billiken basketball is not necessary.

Nobody is happy we lost the way we did last night. Last night was ugly. We all have high expectations this year. Losing RM sucked and no doubt is screwing with things. KM getting hurt doesn't help. Something is going on with these guys and let's hope they figure it out. My beef is that I expected more from Crews. Cheap shots on players are not necessary.

Total smartass reply (on my part.) I don't tweet or even facebook. I couldn't care less what Jordair or any of the players say. I tend to side with Conk on this one though.

I wasn't intending to be a smart ass to you. Sorry about that.

I just was trying to make the point that the word "ain't" is probably the least offensive or crass thing he says on Twitter.