LISCH COMMITS!!!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

congrats to Brad and all of the coaches. They did an outstanding job recruiting Kevin and I can't wait for 3 plus years of Kevin, Dwayne and hopefully Tommie playing the 3 guard positions. We are going to be very, very good.

in frank's report, he gave big credit to the students and in particular the blue crew for their efforts this weekend. signs in the dorm windows, the blue crew at the scrimages, good job students and blue crew! no doubt you are part of the team!

This is a good closing on the deal. If we get Tommie for Kevin's class as well, we will be immune to pressure bringing the ball up the court, so we are in the two games a year we have previously lost due just to ball handling(UAB and GT last year.)

It will be interesting to see how Polk develops over the summer. Unlike Perry, who played small forward for Crane in HS up in Chicago, Polk does not play much down among the trees. It took Perry three years to figure out a killer penetration move(working with a retired NBA guard in Romar, and a year with Romar and Brad,) so I'm hoping Brad and Beane can drill him in an entry move from the start.

Some of Polk's speed will be negated by playing with SLU's current roster. Akin to Dee Brown, Polk will find the assists are lessened when you lead the pack.

Another item of note - Crane has one of the three best point guards in the state again. It is always easy to recruit skilled big men when you tell them they will have all-conference guards feeding them in the post or on the wing. I just love having a deep, solid five person backcourt so we can dog people all night long on the perimeter.

http://ilprepbullseye.com/page35.html

Spectacular get for the Billikens. I would have joined in on the "Welcome Kevin" signs, but first of all I'm not in Blue Crew so I wasn't notified, and the dorm where I live isn't as well placed for that kind of thing as some other dorms.

We've been focusing on Lisch so much, does anyone know who we are targeting now, and for that matter how many scholarships we will have to give?

We have one more scholarship this season, which may be held over until the fall.

We have four additional scholarships for next season, one of which will go to Kevin and one of which will be held for Liddell. That leaves at least two scholarships next fall.

BRoy, I get to see the Peoria ballers play, but I have been remiss in not catching Kevin. As far as his defense, is his footspeed such that he can stay in front of the majority of guards, or does he body up and knock them off their stride before they can get going?

In a way, I guess this could be asked ala does he play defense like Marque, or Josh? I'm feeling pretty chuffed right now:)

I'm not Roy but I've seen Lisch play a buncha times.

"is his footspeed such that he can stay in front of the majority of guards"

Yes. Ask Xavier Price - Kev's made X's life miserable almost every time they've matched up and Kevin is giving up three inches.

Polk, Meyer and Lisch - St. Louis U. is now Guard U.

josh or marque is a great way to look at it. i would say he is josh fisher. but honestly, i think he is faster than josh. he is not as fast as marque though.

2 Years ago we were wondering about the direction of the SLU program and worried that we were settling with Sodeberg. Today we have a top local class coming and a new state of the art arena being planned. We have just made it to post season play with 19 wins. Our leading scorer is returning for once.

two years ago brad was scrambling to sign the "leftovers" of the recruiting year...no offense to AD, JJ, and IO, and now in the spring we are actually getting a verbal commitment for the next recruitng class, not the current recruiting class.

Now brad has the ability to look talk to big men and say look at this bushel of outstanding gaurds who will be feeding you the ball. Looks at the plan for the Arena.... etc....

Coach Soderberg has proven that he will go the extra mile to recruit his kind of players. I think that we are right at the cusp of some real fun times for Billiken fans. Hopefully, TL will re-commit to SLU and then we could be off to the races.

thank you young Mr.Lisch and family. My these are exciting times for the Billikens. Now if TL's dad is correct in his assessment of TL's desire to stay committed to the Billikens...well we have the makings of a very nice team. Land one strong PF, IV and Husak develop, the ST LOUIS University Billikens could be a very very good team. Got to love the Illini and Mizzery fans. I think MU fans should be more worried about any of this years class even showing up after they are slapped in June.

teresa is a better shooter and probably faster, but stephanie was as strong as can be and a "not to be denied" scorer. both could handle the ball equally and both play the family trademark defense. if i had to pick right now, i would take steph, however teresa could continue to get bigger.

i will let you in on this, in grade school, teresa played second fiddle to a really nice player, alexandra blake. alexandra is about 6'1" and was/is a two sport star at john burroughs. on the court, she has guard skills and size as well. i have heard rumors she is close to deciding to concentrate on basketball. her older sister just decided to go to slu and it is my understanding they are close. jill wants to chase a player, there is a player. the fact that jill lost out on big sister, doesnt give me the warm and fuzzy feeling she will get little sister.

way to go coach...

KL sounds like a great fit...

thought there might be a strong push by ND at end - but they backed off as they have higher profile kids coming in for visits and my understanding is that KL had fallen off ND's radar (mike brey is really building a powerhouse there)

KL decides to be his own man and don the blue of the bills - great day.

coach has done a very good job of protecting his backyard recruiting wise - now it is time to get it done on the court.

blue skies ahead.

i will say this about jill, i dont see her on the east side at games much. and the talent the last few years has been much better over here then it has been on the missouri side. also, every year at the men's conference usa tourney, i see jill. now why the hell is she there? one would think there is a juco tourney or a high school tourney she could be at. imo, jill's problem with recruiting is she has spoonitis. i.e. she doesnt work at it.