Players React to Majerus News

Bizziken

It seems apparent that the kids love the big guy and he loves them. They will be highly motivated to have a very successful season and I think they will. If he gets a transplant I suppose it is not out of the realm of possibility that he could return. I know his situation is very severe but I had bypass 13 years ago and am doing pretty darn good for an old guy. Modern medicine does some incredible things. I know he has his querks but the man is a genius and has accomplished what I have thought may be an impossible task--bringing the Billikens back to the top. Folks, we are very close. And we have to find ways to build on this, no matter what happens. I believe we will.

Something that troubles me is that RM seems to be going through this alone. The players have not been able to talk to him. No one knows where he is. Does RM have any family or friends in CA that might be with him? If not, wouldn't it be nice if his players and fans could at least send him a card or note with their wishes for his recovery?

Word is she won't even tell Chaifetz what Rickma's actual condition is.

Even if the earlier rumor turns out to be true I think it was alarmist in suggesting someone in serious heart failure either needs a heart transplant or dies. Dick Cheney is exhibit 1 of what modern science can do in such cases. I don't know that coach is to that point but there are other options. Cheney went around giving media interviews while he was on his heart pump (before later getting a transplant).

In light of the quotes from the players in the article on ESPN: http://espn.go.com/m...lege-basketball and the tearful interview by Conklin after the loss to Mich. St., it seems the players have tremendous respect for Majerus both as a coach and person. This seems to contradict the negatives spouted about Majerus by some on this board. Coach recovering to be around at Senior Night would be tremendous.

I don't understand the hush hush. It seems Dr. Chaifitz and SLU have been good to Rick. I understand not wanting to get overly personal, but a conversation with your employer at least letting them know the overall situation seems fair to me. Ask them to keep it to themselves, fine. Also I'd think his players deserve more than they seem to be getting

I don't understand the hush hush. It seems Dr. Chaifitz and SLU have been good to Rick. I understand not wanting to get overly personal, but a conversation with your employer at least letting them know the overall situation seems fair to me. Ask them to keep it to themselves, fine. Also I'd think his players deserve more than they seem to be getting

Maybe he's undergoing a procedure that will allow him to literally wear his heart on his sleeve. That way it can get plenty of fresh air and he can let the grease out of it like a trumpet when he really ties one on at Adriana's.

I'm sure his situation is serious enough that they're just focusing solely on getting him through it, PR be damned. The players will understand.

-if there is a medical situation and SLU as the employer knows about it hipaa would dictate that SLU can say very little

-the ability to keep whatever is happeing so secret is quite remarkable, even with just a few knowing

Pure speculation, but part of the reason he's doing all this in California might be that there are medical facilities out there (well-known names and purposely obscure ones) that cater to celebrity privacy.

We also don't really know if the players have been or will be allowed to communicate with him indirectly, e.g. sending him a note with the new team picture or something similar. I'd also guess that they've been strictly warned against communicating anything they do learn.

The hush hush?

Anyone with a brain knows that in such a sensitive matter, Rick and his family, and SLU administration will probably want to wait to make any sort of public statement about his condition. It probably is touch and go and they all are wise enough to wait until the proper moment.

SO, let it go until the time is right when he and everyone decides.

In the meantime, I wish him the best of luck and that he pulls through and can live a good, quality life for years to come.

The hush hush?

Anyone with a brain knows that in such a sensitive matter, Rick and his family, and SLU administration will probably want to wait to make any sort of public statement about his condition. It probably is touch and go and they all are wise enough to wait until the proper moment.

SO, let it go until the time is right when he and everyone decides.

In the meantime, I wish him the best of luck and that he pulls through and can live a good, quality life for years to come.

I actually agree with everything you wrote. Very well said, MB. Do we need to mark this day down? ;)