Rumor Taken Down

There was a rumor regarding Rick's health posted earlier today. According to SLU, the rumor was false. I have hidden the post at SLU's request.

Apologies for my delay in action (I was in a meeting).

There was a rumor regarding Rick's health posted earlier today. According to SLU, the rumor was false. I have hidden the post at SLU's request.

Apologies for my delay in action (I was in a meeting).

Steve, thanks for reacting quickly and showing good judgement. Another example of why 1st time posters who start out by dropping bombs should be viewed with some skepticism.

I don't know if this is possible on this board but I've seen message boards before that you have to reach a certain number of posts before being able to create a thread. Just an idea to keep trolls from starting rumors and controversial threads.

I don't know if this is possible on this board but I've seen message boards before that you have to reach a certain number of posts before being able to create a thread. Just an idea to keep trolls from starting rumors and controversial threads.

Genius idea if it's do-able

My hesitation to this is that the rate of new members is relatively low, and this could make it inhibit posters from other teams from contributing immediately.

My hesitation to this is that the rate of new members is relatively low, and this could make it inhibit posters from other teams from contributing immediately.

-Steve, are you planning a fund raiser to cover costs here?

It's easy to blow these rumors off when it comes to a new poster, however this is Billiken basketball and we've been kicked in the teeth so often through the years that in the back of your mind you can't help but think "What if?" That is the danger and issue of posting an enormous rumor that has no credibility. Thanks for taking it down, Steve.

-Steve, are you planning a fund raiser to cover costs here?

I am. I have actually been currently funding out of pocket since March. This year has been a little crazy for me (long story short, two advisers of mine left Princeton for Vanderbilt, so I went to Nashville, and a temporary move turns permanent in August). I therefore didn't really want to deal with logistics of a fundraiser, but I will probably do something in September or October.

Steve, grab one of these guys - called Square:

Posted Image

If you make it to a home game or a game in that KC tournament, just bring it with you, plug it in to your iPhone or Android and we can each make a $5 or $10 donation (or whatever $ amount) to help with the costs. Goes right into your bank account. Good stuff.

https://squareup.com/

I am. I have actually been currently funding out of pocket since March. This year has been a little crazy for me (long story short, two advisers of mine left Princeton for Vanderbilt, so I went to Nashville, and a temporary move turns permanent in August). I therefore didn't really want to deal with logistics of a fundraiser, but I will probably do something in September or October.

-just let us know, THANKS for allowing us to play in your sandbox!!

Put up a PayPal link you gotdamn dipshit. I'm gotdamn fuoking sick of Sponsoring all the Js from 2011. Jesus Christ...

Steve, grab one of these guys - called Square:

Posted Image

Or PayPal which would be much easier.

If you make it to a home game or a game in that KC tournament, just bring it with you, plug it in to your iPhone or Android and we can each make a $5 or $10 donation (or whatever $ amount) to help with the costs. Goes right into your bank account. Good stuff.

https://squareup.com/

wait, so you are no longer a princeton guy? you are all about vandy now?

Still a Princeton student just spending my time at Vanderbilt. Apply for (professor) jobs this fall. Market is rough, but if I get lucky, then I will be somewhere else in about a year.

Put up a PayPal link you gotdamn dipshit. I'm gotdamn fuoking sick of Sponsoring all the Js from 2011. Jesus Christ...

I agree (in not as many words) if I paypal site is made I am pledging a $10 dollar donation immediately.

This site is fantastic, organized, and easy to navigate. Compared to all the other ######, nay super ######, college b-ball forums I have seen that look like they are some survivor of the free AOL disc days, this is forum Ritz. Well worth a donation.

I am very appreciative of the generosity of users. Some have actually emailed asking for my address to send checks.

I am going to hold off on the fundraiser until later in the fall. I move in the next two weeks, and then job applications are due in the September. I know I can put up a PayPal link, but I like keeping track of everything, and one less thing on the plate will be helpful for life sanity.