2012 schedule-what we know so far

ARon

So this is all I've seen/heard about so far. Please correct me where I am wrong.

In no particular order:

New Mexico

@Washington

@Stanford

SIUC

Loyola Marymount

Eastern Ilinois

SIUE

Santa Clara

4 CBE related games including 2 of (Kansas, Texas A&M, and Washington St)

16 A10 games

By my count there should be three other non-conference games.

We'd better get the Kansas game. Otherwise our OOC strength of schedule will be primarily based on how strong the PAC-12 is next year.

I don't know what Stanford's got next year, but WU was pretty young this year and I think came on strong in PAC12 play. Now that may not be saying much given the down year they had, but WU's not gonna be a cakewalk especially out there on the WC.

Timmerman tweeted this today:

First draft of A-10 hoops sked has SLU home & home with Butler. VCU, UMass, St Joes and Dayton or Xav coming to SLU. Still subject to change

I updated the front page for the annual piece together SLU's schedule adventure.

Wow. That's a very favorable schedule for next year. That should put St. Louis in great position to win the regular season if the schedule indeed pans out that way.

Still have to play at butler, richmond, one of Dayton/X, temple and olean. We've never ever played well in olean.

" We've never ever played well in olean. " Oh man did you open the door on this one!

First, you have some very nice fans that come down for the game from Buffalo and Rochester.

It's always fun to play you guys here in Otterville because the fans love a good game and anytime the Bonnies win it feels good. Just like when we won the Atlantic 10 Conference last season, remember. I had to laugh when slu72 said the Bonnies wouldn't even get to the play-offs.

I think we have a little surprise waiting here for you this year. AND by adding VCU and Butler the competition has just gone up a few notches.

" We've never ever played well in olean. " Oh man did you open the door on this one!

First, you have some very nice fans that come down for the game from Buffalo and Rochester.

It's always fun to play you guys here in Otterville because the fans love a good game and anytime the Bonnies win it feels good. Just like when we won the Atlantic 10 Conference last season, remember. I had to laugh when slu72 said the Bonnies wouldn't even get to the play-offs.

I think we have a little surprise waiting here for you this year. AND by adding VCU and Butler the competition has just gone up a few notches.

Oh, man, did I say that? What was I thinking? Of course the brownies will make the A-10 playoffs. You'll either be the 12th or 11th seed. But I've got to admit there must be something in the air when the Bills travel to NY's version of Green Acres.

Timmerman tweeted this today:

I updated the front page for the annual piece together SLU's schedule adventure.

I believe the SIUE and Santa Clara games were more rumor than fact at this point. I could be wrong though.

believe the SIUE and Santa Clara games were more rumor than fact at this point. I could be wrong though.

We have to fly to the coast to play Washington; I think Rickma wanted to schedule Santa Clara to fill out the trip.

------------------------------------

Just read the TT article. I presume Stanford will be a companion game to WU.

Edited by Prairie Bill

Timmerman had some schedule related tweets today. Mostly restating what is above along with the conference schedule. There was no mention of Edwardsville. He also said Santa Clara may be coming here as one of the other 2 CBE games.

In conference play:

Dayton, VCU, Rhody, UMass, Charlotte, St Joes, Lasalle, Butler here

Xavier, Temple, Richmond, St. Bonnie, Dusquene, Fordham, GW, Butler on the road.

We have to fly to the coast to play Washington; I think Rickma wanted to schedule Santa Clara to fill out the trip.

------------------------------------

Just read the TT article. I presume Stanford will be a companion game to WU.

Santa Clara here and Stanford with Washington trip.

www.slubillikens.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=27200&ATCLID=205436520

New A-10 members Butler and VCU will visit Chaifetz Arena this season. The Billikens play a home-and-home series with Butler, the lone opponent SLU will play twice. Saint Louis will play every other A-10 team once to make up the 16-game slate.

The final A-10 schedule, with dates, will be released later this summer.

A-10 HOME OPPONENTS

Butler

Charlotte

Dayton

La Salle

Massachusetts

Rhode Island

Saint Joseph's

VCU

A-10 ROAD OPPONENTS

Butler

Duquesne

Fordham

George Washington

Richmond

St. Bonaventure

Temple

Xavier

I think he mean's SIUE plays 20 minutes away so it's not much of a "road" game

-i agree it is very close distance wise, not meaning to pick through semantics but seems to me quite a difference than playing a home game in many ways

Limos and party buses to Edwardsville. Pre-gaming it at Roy's house in Bellevegas.

a little out of the way. we will have to start early.

-i agree it is very close distance wise, not meaning to pick through semantics but seems to me quite a difference than playing a home game in many ways

I mean since it is so close to home we may actually have more fans there than SIUE. I understand the venue will not be the same; however, this is as close to a home road game as you will get. Like UNLV playing in the Las Vegas Tourney in November. Not a home game but as close as you can get without being on your own campus.

I didn't mean for it to be strict and literal. Sorry for the confusion.