Bracketology Update

Lunardi moved X back into the field after they won and UT lost. Also looks like SLU is a 10 seed going by the S curve although I don't think he goes by that exclusively. Will be interested to see his next bracket tomorrow. We need to win two in AC to have any chance to get a 7. Feel greedy to be complaining about seeding when we haven't been in the dance since 00 but being an 8/9 stinks for a number of reasons including potential travel to non Midwest cities (Greensboro and Pittsburgh) or a trip to Lousiville for a potential buttwhipping by the Cats in The round of 32. Just need to win win win.

Lets say we win the A10 tourney. What would our rpi be and what do people think our seed would be? Should we get a 6?

I would hope at least a 7. I know some people were saying that the seeding would be done before the end of the A-10 championship. Is that true? I don't see how it could be. SLU would have to have a different seed if they made it to the final and won vs. lost, wouldn't you think?

If we win the A-10 tourney, I think a 6 is a remote possibility. The BCS bids look like they're gonna be down a little, but our most likely is a 7. I'm just hoping we get in a region w/o KY or Syracuse especially if we're an 8 seed. Would love for a first rounder in Greensboro. Big Al, can you land us some tickets if it happens? On inside college bb on ESPN this morning they've got us as a lock for a bid. But no projected seed or site. I still think we've got to make a run in the A-10 for a decent seed. I'd prefer a 10 over an 8 or 9. The only two sites I'd travel to would be Columbus or Greensboro.

Until about 7:00 pm eastern daylight time on Selection Sunday,seed and location are immaterial. I think we are in but counting no chickens until hatched. The last time this happened to us was not really 2000 ----- that was a shocking tournament upset in Memphis as ever there was or has been. No, the last time we were "here" savoring an impending selection as opposed to sweating one out was Hughes' freshman one-and-done of 1997-98. So I'm going to enjoy this week, sit my sizable arse in a Boardwalk Hall seat, and be smug, laughing and showering fake pity on Daytonians and Xavierians alike.

The floowing weeks include no patsies, so you have to win to move on every night. Yes, I'd like to avoid the biggest of the big boys,but that's a worry for another day.

Lets say we win the A10 tourney. What would our rpi be and what do people think our seed would be? Should we get a 6?

I love how we can (with somewhat of a straight face) say "Lets say we win the A10 tourney."

Given our wins over La Salle, Richmond and X, we are in good position for a rematch with Temple on Sun.

Now, if we get to the A10 finals and lose...I say we are sitting right on the fence between a 7 and 8 seed. Monster difference between the two! So, let's hope they do not leave any doubt and feed Conk the ball all weekend long!

the RPI Prediction site hasn't been updated for yesterday's results yet but prior to that it said if we won out we could get as high as 12 on the RPI. That probably assumes we play Xavier/Temple on the way to the championship but it shows just how high we could go.

Now, if we have a ranking of 13 or higher in EVERY computer poll, which means a 4 seed, I'd be very disapointed if the eye test dropped us more than 2 seeds to a 6. Personally, I think that is b.s. as a 5 would be more appropriate but I could live with a 6. A 7 would be a massive screw job.

http://www.rpiforecast.com/teams/ct/St.%20Louis.html

I would hope at least a 7. I know some people were saying that the seeding would be done before the end of the A-10 championship. Is that true? I don't see how it could be. SLU would have to have a different seed if they made it to the final and won vs. lost, wouldn't you think?

No, that is not true. The committee will have brackets set up for both situations. I don't know if our seeding would be impacted by the different outcome, but if so, the committee will be prepared for it.

I love how we can (with somewhat of a straight face) say "Let say we win the A10 tourney."

Given our wins over La Salle, Richmond and X, we are in good position for a rematch with Temple on Sun.

Now, if we get to the A10 finals and lose...I say we are sitting right on the fence between a 7 and 8 seed. Monster difference between the two! So, let's hope they do not leave any doubt and feed Conk the ball all weekend long!

If the A10 final were on Saturday, they could potentially get a bump from beating Temple - but as it stands SLU's seed will be decided before the A10 final is played. That's because recent history indicates that teams that win their conference tournaments on Selection Sunday receive no bump.

Last year Duke won the ACC tournament, and were shipped out west as Pittsburgh (who was 10th in the RPI, while Duke was 4th) got the 1-seed in the Southeast. Richmond was viewed as a bubble team heading into the A10 tournament, and only got a 12-seed despite winning the A10 title (with an RPI of 41). Kentucky was 7th in the RPI after winning the SEC tournament and they got a 4-seed.

In 2010, Temple won the A10 tournament and climbed to 9th in the RPI and got a 5-seed.

Simply put, the committees of recent years appear to have settled on most of the bracket before the Sunday games are played. They have to be ready to change things up if a dark horse wins a late automatic bid, but they're not making significant changes unless they have too. It wasn't always this way (Mizzou played their way into a 1-seed in 1994 by winning the Big 8 tournament on Selection Sunday), but I think it's been the standard-operating-procedure since 2002 when they introduced the pod system.

best case scenario would be winning the a10 T and getting a 6-7 seed worse case 10 seed including first game lose in the a10 T. Winning one game in the a10 T we would get a 9.

If the commitee were looking for intriguing match ups. They should seriously consider giving us a 7 or 10. With Mi$$ouri waiting for us in the round of 32.

The commitee is still charged with making the tournament as exciting as possible while still making sure that seeding is fair. If we end up a 7 or 10 seed...it would just be dumb to put us in the same bracket as a 2 seed Oh St/MichSt/UNC when we could easily just be placed with SPUMAC.

Do you think we have a good chance of winning it all this year?

Plus, ever since West Pine said he fantasized about the Ricans I knew this would be a magical season.

good game between Illinois State and Creighton. I feel like it is better for the Billikens if Creighton wins.

Better for Xavier, for sure. Doesn't matter for us.

it can affect what kind of seed we get, so I think it does matter to us.