Majerus on 590 at 9am

Going to PI for his birthday tonight with friends from Milwaukee,

Took 2 bad shots during Richmond game, not upset with SLU fans just wants to make experience better.

CAT brought of A10 as reason, Majerus said that having moved multiple conferences over last 20 years and moving arena's (switching seats + donations) upset people.

Mentioned Kansas coming to Kansas City, next year?

Only numbers that our important to him is bad shots and turnovers, not RPI. Sat RL after his 2 turnovers on Wed night, CR stepped up big.

Asked about RPI and Computer Rankings, Brought up 2 years ago about RPI, beating Rhode Island and Dayton but they went to NIT and we went to CBI. Computers rankings do not mean anything, felt that we deserved the NIT birth for finishing 4th in league.

Conklin has flu and was sent home from practice and mentioned another injury to unnamed player.

Feels we are going to get a good player from the West Coast for next year, feels he wrapped it up last night.

Asked about Jeremy Lin, said sometimes you look at a guys body and does not look like an athlete, but has the "Basketball Jones" made mistake while coach at Marquette with Jeff Hornacek in his backyard and he goes to Iowa State and walks on.

Conklin has made himself a player, dedicated him to the game and he had only had 1 scholarship offer.

Took 2 bad shots during Richmond game, not upset with SLU fans just wants to make experience better.

CAT brought of A10 as reason, Majerus said that having moved multiple conferences over last 20 years and moving arena's (switching seats + donations) upset people.

Only numbers that our important to him is bad shots and turnovers, not RPI. Sat RL after his 2 turnovers on Wed night, CR stepped up big.

Asked about RPI and Computer Rankings, Brought up 2 years ago about RPI, beating Rhode Island and Dayton but they went to NIT and we went to CBI. Computers rankings do not mean anything, felt that we deserved the NIT birth for finishing 4th in league.

Conklin has flu and was sent home from practice and mentioned another injury to unnamed player.

Feels we are going to get a good player from the West Coast for next year, feels he wrapped it up last night.

Asked about Jeremy Lin, said sometimes you look at a guys body and does not look like an athlete, but has the "Basketball Jones" made mistake while coach at Marquette with Jeff Hornacek in his backyard and he goes to Iowa State and walks on.

Conklin has made himself a player, dedicated him to the game and he had only had 1 scholarship offer.

Commence obnoxious discussion on who is transferring and Roy talking about how his disdain for Rickma :P

Do you mean someone to sign in April for next season or a high school jr. that signs LOI next November?

Kid from the west coast for next year? Anybody have any clues on that? I haven't heard ANYTHING about a potential recruit for next year.

HTB would have had the inside information for the board. Too bad that Metz ran him off. I think Metz should now have to do the research to provide this information to us....only seems fair.

Kid from the west coast for next year? Anybody have any clues on that? I haven't heard ANYTHING about a potential recruit for next year.

Possibly, Coach Majerus was referring to the west coast of China? If so, it could be this guy. He's from Fujian, which, I believe is western China.

http://latvia2011.fiba.com/pages/eng/fa/player/p/pid/83948/sid/5194/tid/262/_/2011_FIBA_U19_World_Championship/index.html

I will note that RM talked about how he would love to practice 18 hours a day and has always loved practice with 10 guys he loves to coach. He reiterated how he needs watch himself. I don't want to start an argument, but it is hard for a leopard to change his spots.

Interesting on the player from the West Coast. Hard to tell from the interview what year the kid is. Without commenting on the possibility of a player leaving, if it is for the 2012-2013 season, I hope we remain cognizant of our APR and don't do anything to get in trouble like UCONN.

I will note that RM talked about how he would love to practice 18 hours a day and has always loved practice with 10 guys he loves to coach. He reiterated how he needs watch himself. I don't want to start an argument, but it is hard for a leopard to change his spots.

Interesting on the player from the West Coast. Hard to tell from the interview what year the kid is. Without commenting on the possibility of a player leaving, if it is for the 2012-2013 season, I hope we remain cognizant of our APR and don't do anything to get in trouble like UCONN.

I have heard Majerus call himself on his practice tendencies as well in the past, but that is why I'm not overly concerned about it. I first heard him mention it during his first year here. I think the fact that he has called himself on it and is clearly well aware of it, is a good sign. Even his critics will acknowledge that RM is a smart guy, so he's not likely to continue to do something that he feels could harm his team. Also, the fact that RM has called himself on this, destroys the myth that RM is never willing to be critical of himself.

I have to believe the AD and coaching staff are just as aware of our APR as this board is...would be inexcusable not to be and someone would need to be held accountable if it cost us.

I have to believe the AD and coaching staff are just as aware of our APR as this board is...would be inexcusable not to be and someone would need to be held accountable if it cost us.

Agreed. In fact something tells me the AD is far more aware of it than people on here are and know exactly how many transfers from 4 years ago will be rolling off the average calculation, etc.

Agreed. In fact something tells me the AD is far more aware of it than people on here are and know exactly how many transfers from 4 years ago will be rolling off the average calculation, etc.

Does Daniel Lisch hurt us with the apr? How about guys like Smith or Salecich who are continuing to play and presumably on target to get a degree?

He did not eleborate on when the student would sign or what class, just from the West Coast.

I was pretty sure I heard him say for next year...

Does Daniel Lisch hurt us with the apr? How about guys like Smith or Salecich who are continuing to play and presumably on target to get a degree?

It's all about what they're doing when they leave SLU. We can't get credit for another school catching them up credit-wise if they're behind here. That said, I don't think any of those three were behind schedule. Some of our other transfers out were, though.

if they were on pace to for the degree it is my understanding they will not hurt you. the problem is that many of the basketball players at the official end of the spring semester have incomplete's and dropped classes that they make up over the summer. so then they are ok when school starts in the fall. however, if they leave before they officially make up the incompletes and drops they screw our rating. at least that is the way it was explained to me.

i was also told you would be surprised how many of the good students fit the above scenario. there is a reason that we only have like lisch and luke meyer and now conklin and cassity that are going for masters degree's prior to the end of their basketball careers. apparently a number of athletes have to use the summer classes to keep up.

Here's a question ..... do you have to be a full-time student to play basketball (or any other sport for that matter)? I know about this for my kids because once they drop below 12 credit hours, they are considered not full-time and their Stafford loans kick in for repayment. Now, a basketball player is likely not to be concerned about loans but I am more interested in the staus designation. You hear of kids losing their eligibility at semester, but never really during the spring. I am guessing that has alot to do with drop dates, summer course make-ups and so on. Given that a kid gets five years to complete four in NCAA rules, I would guess this also plays into "progress towards a degree" as defined in the APR stuff. Ricky Clemons and Randy Pulley taking 24 hours over the summer to get eligible comes to mind.

I alsoknow that once the seniorseason is completed in March, even marginal athletes will drop out and begin looking for careersoverseasor prepping for the draft. Nik Caner-Medley, who was aquestionable player at best for Maryland, did this his senior year for example.

Given Rick's constant harp on getting an education, I am certain that now that the retooling is over, those that stay not only buy in to the basketball regimne with Rick, but the classroom regimen too. IfI were a Jon Smith for example, while I made up my mind to transfer, I'd want to make sure all things were easy as far as that transfer is concerned andkeep grades up as well. If not, and say a course or two doesn't transfer, he's swimming further up the current in just getting eligible to play as well as getting into basketball shape too.