I BILL-IEVE!

Now that the Billikens have swept their Philly trip, despite my doubts going in, and have improved to 20-5 and 8-3 in the A-10, it's time for me to get fully on board!

Question: how do long-time fans/observers think the 2012 Billikens squad compares to the 1993-94 squad which started the season something like 18-0 and wound up as a 7 seed? I think this year's squad has better depth, height, and athleticism, and then there may even be better coaching. And the defense is even more tenacious.

Also, I think there's some credence to Roy's suspicion that the basketball boot-camp Coach Majerus conducts when school is not in session is the reason for the mid-season lull. Just imagine how good the Bills' record would be had they had legs against Loyola-Marymount, New Mexico, Dayton (there), and Temple! They could be 23-2 or 22-3 and be on leading the A-10.

Now that the Billikens have swept their Philly trip, despite my doubts going in, and have improved to 20-5 and 8-3 in the A-10, it's time for me to get fully on board!

Question: how do long-time fans/observers think the 2012 Billikens squad compares to the 1993-94 squad which started the season something like 18-0 and wound up as a 7 seed? I think this year's squad has better depth, height, and athleticism, and then there may even be better coaching. And the defense is even more tenacious.

Also, I think there's some credence to Roy's suspicion that the basketball boot-camp Coach Majerus conducts when school is not in session is the reason for the mid-season lull. Just imagine how good the Bills' record would be had they had legs against Loyola-Marymount, New Mexico, Dayton (there), and Temple! They could be 23-2 or 22-3 and be on leading the A-10.

Welcome aboard...we have been saving a seat for you for weeks.

Remember, it's not how you start but it's how you finish.

Will always have a special place in my heart for that 93-94 squad. That said, their amazing start that year sort of worked against them down the stretch. They finished 23-6 but finished 4-5 over their last 9 games, starting with a bad loss at Dayton on Feb. 13. I don't see this team fading like that.

Disagree, we still looked better pre-xmas break. I think there is a lot to the RM boot camp theory.

Seems like every RM team we've had has struggled in January but played well in February. Maybe the boot camp drags them down or maybe it builds them up for the February run. Either way, its February now and we got some winning to do people!

Is Wyoming Billiken me? New poster background check.

Huge win for the boys. Complete the Philly Sweep. Been playing Elton's "Philadelphia Freedom" all day on the EyeTunes out here in Jackson's Hole.

###### yeah. I'm ready for the sweet and soothing sounds of Loras College's very own Greg Gumbel to announce the Bills on Selection Sunday.

I like this current team better than the 93 - 94 team. I think this team is better coached and this team is bigger than its starting five. I loved the 93 - 94 team but I am high on this team because so many guys can step up and give you a chance. The depth of this team is unreal.

I like this current team better than the 93 - 94 team. I think this team is better coached and this team is bigger than its starting five. I loved the 93 - 94 team but I am high on this team because so many guys can step up and give you a chance. The depth of this team is unreal.

This is the big thing that stands out to me with this team. Today, it was Evans going off for 16 and 13, yet Cody went scoreless. However, Cody went off for 20 in the St. Joe game when Evans was hampered with foul trouble. Every game we have someone stepping up and being 'The Man.'

It's always easy to tell the posters that don't like RM

Skip, if you're referring to me, please point out anything negative I've ever said about Coach Majerus. I don't have to be able to be friends with the coach.

Good to hear absurd mizzou fan

05, I'm enjoying my basketball fan-hood right now. Both of my teams, with a combined 43-7 record, are headed to the NCAA Tournament while looking strong. Both teams have a chance for a regular season championship. SLU hasn't done that since I was two years old and not even living in St. Louis, and Mizzou hasn't done that in 18 years.

And I'm about to get engaged. Life's good for me, thanks!

I agree, Tonka. That '93-94 squad ran out of steam at the end, but this year's team has the depth to continue to play stifing defense all of the way to the Final Four (not that they absolutely will go that far, but I can dream, can't I?)

I think the Bills could move into the next Top 25 poll, though I'm not sure I like for them to have that target on their chest. It might not matter though, because the Bills are playing with a chip on their shoulders though (all right, that's two clichéd metaphors!). Perhaps Brian Conklin did call for that players-only team meeting after the UMass loss, after all.

It's really too early to definitivly say which team is better. I think the 93-94 team was more talented, but this team plays better team basketball, and is also deeper.

They have a very good chance of going 5-0 for the rest of the season. I see a definite win over X, and a possible let up @ Duquense. After that, two wins in the A-10 tournament, minimum, and a very good chance to win that.

Actually, i think the loss at UMass was a "good" loss, because it taught the team to bring it every game. ever since that game, theiir team defense has been A+. Although, I am slightly concerned about their offense.

The real test will be the NCAA tournament. At the beginning of the year, my personal goal for the team was Sweet 16. At the time, maybe it was just a wish, but now, it's definitely do-able. The seedings/brackets will make a big difference. I'm not happy with a SLU-FSU match-up in the 1st round, but I don't see that happening.

But IF the Bills do make the Sweet 16, they are definitely the greatest Bills team of the modern era... and I expect more in the future.

Man, some of you guys just can't enjoy the Billikens victory.

20-5

TWENTY WINS ON FEB 11th!

I'm with you...I'm in my 30s. Some people here have been following this team longer than I've been alive. I was a kid during Grawer and Spoon. I started seriously following the Billikens after my freshman year at SLU in the fall of 2000. This is by far the best team during that time.

I believe this sums it up best:

http://youtu.be/lD2OsUcgb00

*I in no way condone child molestation in way by posting this link containing images of a certain individual.

Checkered pants crew will be dancing like this at the tourney..