TV for Wednesday

joe_davola

Here's the real b.s. of it we aren't being bumped for the blues or mizzou, no it's a freaking mvc game between Wichita st and Evansville.

Our ratings suck so we are nomads with no set t.v contract with any channel and as such we lose out to entities that do have a contract like the MVC.

We really can be small time a lot of the time....

Note that our game is on Fox Sports Midwest plus, which is used when FSM has a conflict. FSM carries Deb Patterson TV Show / Big 12 Showcase / Evansville@Wichita State Game from 6 - 9 pm Wednesday.

My (Comcast) system labels FSM plus as "FSM-A", and has our game scheduled, but that's a premium service for me.

FWIW, our game will be rebroadcast on basic FSM Thursday at noon.

Yeah, I'm confused. I have U-Verse and have FSM and have it in HD. Will I get this game at all and will I get it in HD?

I have Uverse as well. My understanding is that you should be able to watch on one of FSM's alternate channels, 1691 or 1692. It should be in HD.

I guess it's better to be complaining about no HD as opposed to no broadcast at all... IHBABF

I don't know what that acronym means, but +1 to the first sentence. Not a bad problem to have, all things considered.

And thanks for the info, too, guys. My initial disappointment was just based on the fact I'd be watching it in HD on 792. The Charlotte game was on CCIN, channel 3, and was less than sharp, to say the least. Part of it is probably me being spoiled by several years of HD now; part of it was that it just didn't look good. Oh well, great to have these road games on TV, no matter what channel- beats a choppy online feed any day.

And thanks for the info, too, guys. My initial disappointment was just based on the fact I'd be watching it in HD on 792. The Charlotte game was on CCIN, channel 3, and was less than sharp, to say the least. Part of it is probably me being spoiled by several years of HD now; part of it was that it just didn't look good. Oh well, great to have these road games on TV, no matter what channel- beats a choppy online feed any day.

i know what you are talking about. other than a great movie on TMC, i cant think of anything i watch that isnt high def anymore beyond that occasional sports event on local cable like these billiken games.

To me, the biggest problem is that this move to Alternate FSMW channels basically kills the chance that the "average" sports fan will tune in. Normal sports fans check the ESPNs and FSMW and if they get real adventurous they'll go to CBS sports and the Big 10 network. None of them are going to be looking in the 690s on UVerse for a game (which as of last night wasn't even in the UVerse listings). Instead, they'll flip around, see an MVC game on FSMW and comment that once again SLU isn't on t.v.

When we beat Xavier tomorrow, I want the world to see it.

To me, the biggest problem is that this move to Alternate FSMW channels basically kills the chance that the "average" sports fan will tune in. Normal sports fans check the ESPNs and FSMW and if they get real adventurous they'll go to CBS sports and the Big 10 network. None of them are going to be looking in the 690s on UVerse for a game (which as of last night wasn't even in the UVerse listings). Instead, they'll flip around, see an MVC game on FSMW and comment that once again SLU isn't on t.v.

When we beat Xavier tomorrow, I want the world to see it.

But this is Valley country. Everyone wants to watch that Evansville game.