Is Cassity sick?

Last night I dubbed him, Kyle "hot potato" Cassity. He gets rid of the ball the second he touches it. He is afraid to do anything offensively. Bigtime players make bigtime plays. I think we know what kind of player he is after 3.5 years.

Last night I dubbed him, Kyle "hot potato" Cassity. He gets rid of the ball the second he touches it. He is afraid to do anything offensively. Bigtime players make bigtime plays. I think we know what kind of player he is after 3.5 years.

you do know the way to beat a zone (which temple played quite a bit in the second half) is to move the ball quickly around the perimeter and move away from the ball and too open spots to get open opportunities? i.e. i would much rather kyle pass the hot potato then jett stand there with the ball on top of his head waiting for conklin's man to i guess just fall down so he could throw it to him.

you do know the way to beat a zone (which temple played quite a bit in the second half) is to move the ball quickly around the perimeter and move away from the ball and too open spots to get open opportunities? i.e. i would much rather kyle pass the hot potato then jett stand there with the ball on top of his head waiting for conklin's man to i guess just fall down so he could throw it to him.

Speaking of the zone, we have been stagnant against it all year. Outside of the 1-3-1 that GW ran against us, we've been bad against the zone.

Irrespective, Cassity needs to shoot the ball. He passes up shots, often early in the shot clock.

I think the starting shooting guard needs to shoot, even if he is a half point guard-half shooting guard. Cassity can make them; he seems gunshy to this Billiken fan.

I posted in the Game thread, where was Cody Ellis at crunch time because at least Cody will shoot. He was put in the game shortly thereafter, but wasn't able to put down his 3's. Cassity did have the big steal.

McCall, who can shoot, seemed a bit gunshy too vs. Temple. But he was also manhandled by those Temple guards who were 5 inches taller.

It's tough playing a team in which the Temple guards are about the size of the SLU forwards. But it is what it is.

Irrespective, Cassity needs to shoot the ball. He passes up shots, often early in the shot clock.

I think the starting shooting guard needs to shoot, even if he is a half point guard-half shooting guard. Cassity can make them; he seems gunshy to this Billiken fan.

I posted in the Game thread, where was Cody Ellis at crunch time because at least Cody will shoot. He was put in the game shortly thereafter, but wasn't able to put down his 3's. Cassity did have the big steal.

I think the problem for CE was that our guards couldn't create space and CE couldn't find open spots to shoot from because of Temple's athleticism.

that was right after kyle had the diving steal that led to a score. when he dove, moore landed no the small of his back. he went after the ref stopped the game and went to the tunnel and majerus called down the bench for him a manager ran back and next thing cassity runs back out and back in. again, majerus wants him in the game.

that was right after kyle had the diving steal that led to a score.   when he dove, moore landed no the small of his back.   he went after the ref stopped the game and went to the tunnel and majerus called down the bench for him a manager ran back and next thing cassity runs back out and back in.   again, majerus wants him in the game.

....to our detriment

and that shouldnt be on me. that should be you on rickma. i am only stating that you all are ganging up on cassity, yet our hall of fame coach would rather have a back injury cassity in the game than mccall.

and i understand as fans we should have a right to disagree with the coach, but the context of the arguments is venom towards kyle, not the coach who puts him out there all those minutes he apparently doesnt deserve.

that is what i dont understand.

I'm fine with Cassity and it doesn't matter who starts, but if I could pick a lineup to have out there for the last 5 minutes of the game it would be KM, JJ, DE, BC, and CE.

I don't agree with all the negativity towards KC. I know I've been a part of it, but I'm recognizing more that Kyle just isn't really the player that we all want him to be, but he does all the little things right and all good teams need that player. That is why Kyle is so valuable to our team. I don't understand the negativity towards Jordair at all though. Sure he has some bad turnovers, but he is our best defender and hes probably our best finisher at the rim out of the guards. He is going to be a very good player for us down the road.

I watched the postgame on billikenreport.com and RM said that Cassity just isn't athletic enough to guard those athletic players so he has to be more scrappy. He also said that on that play where MM turned the ball over when we were down 1, Cassity should have gotten the ball because MM shouldn't be taking the ball up the court in that situation. He referenced McCall's turnovers a couple times.

Another thing that was very interesting is that Kwamain said that he didn't think MM was prepared enough for this game. He said that he wasn't ready to handle the ball against that tough pressure. While I don't normally agree with calling a player out, I think this team needs a leader who is tough on the guys. You can't have all your leaders just patting you on the back and saying you'll get it next time.

Jordair Jett should be starting at 2 every night. Much better athlete/defender than Kyle, so the offensive liability is minimal.

a number of you have attacked cassity's defense of late. again, if cassity is such a poor on the ball defender, why is rickma giving him the best offensive guard most nights to guard?

should i believe that either:

1. rickma is a farce and clueless on leading our billikens or

2. rickma is intentionally throwing games?

i mean what other explanation is there for this blatant use of a player that cant defend, wont score and stops scoring runs with fake injuries?

a number of you have attacked cassity's defense of late. again, if cassity is such a poor on the ball defender, why is rickma giving him the best offensive guard most nights to guard?

should i believe that either:

1. rickma is a farce and clueless on leading our billikens or

2. rickma is intentionally throwing games?

i mean what other explanation is there for this blatant use of a player that cant defend, wont score and stops scoring runs with fake injuries?

I think he's a smart player and a good off ball defender, but RM took him off Wyatt once he got going last night. To be fair not sure anyone could have stopped Wyatt last night though, but JJ did take away some of his shots.

I don't know what RM is looking at or doing, but I've seen KC getting beat by his man a lot this year.

I think he's a smart player and a good off ball defender, but RM took him off Wyatt once he got going last night. To be fair not sure anyone could have stopped Wyatt last night though, but JJ did take away some of his shots.

I don't know what RM is looking at or doing, but I've seen KC getting beat by his man a lot this year.

as to guarding wyatt, wyatt scored on jett and mitchell as easily as he did on cassity. all three didnt stop him.

Kyle Cassity isn't gun shy, he is a big wussy. He will shoot the ball if he is wide open, hustle and play alright defense but I have never seen someone so fricking scared to drive to the basket and if he is near the basket to shoot. I used to accept him as a player who so I thought contributed at times and thought he was the best player early last year. Now he is terrible on offense and cannot be on the floor if we have the lead, its like being on the penalty kill. Him and his beard thing needs to sit on the bench

that was right after kyle had the diving steal that led to a score. when he dove, moore landed no the small of his back. he went after the ref stopped the game and went to the tunnel and majerus called down the bench for him a manager ran back and next thing cassity runs back out and back in. again, majerus wants him in the game.

I wish KC would hit some 3's and had come further along... soph yr he looked good and jr yr he had some good outings. He is a class kid, hustles, is a role player, a floor leader. Damn, why does he pass up those shots. I get it, Bania. But I sure am opposed to a handful of you who choose to belittle him on this board with classless statements. You know who you are. And some of you are so childish, you are basically doing it to antagonize Roy. Rule # 11, never take cheap shots at the kids. ("shat his pants", "hymen", "wussy" all that... get lost, losers)