Is Cassity sick?

and that shouldnt be on me. that should be you on rickma. i am only stating that you all are ganging up on cassity, yet our hall of fame coach would rather have a back injury cassity in the game than mccall.

and i understand as fans we should have a right to disagree with the coach, but the context of the arguments is venom towards kyle, not the coach who puts him out there all those minutes he apparently doesnt deserve.

that is what i dont understand.

Come on Roy. Have you not questioned a players minutes before? Did you think Dwayne Polk should have gotten all the minutes he did? Maybe I'm wrong, but many people questioned Ian's minutes one year, Sr year I believe, weren't you one of them?

skip i dont recall questioning polk or ian's minutes.

but let me get this straight, i cant question anything of rickma off the court, but you all can question rickma's methods on the court.

that doesnt seem fair.

Hard to say but Temple beat us at the free throw lane and with three pointers. Last night they were better than us a week ago it was Duke.

Our guys did play hard. KC went out holding his side like he had over stretched. When he came back in so quickly it seemed he must have had the wind knocked out of him.

KM is the one who played hurt. Looked like he had a knee sprain.

Guys. I've intentionally kept quiet on this topic. My views on KC are well know and need not be repeated. What we can all agree to, though, is that no one is a better representative of Billiken basketball than KC and no one has ever questioned his effort. At the same time, 2 to 4 points per game is just not enough for an NCAA Tourney Team - especially if his defense is not vastly superior - which it is not. Smart play, good passing, few turnovers, nice assists are certainly helpful and needed but, without scoring, really does place an extra burden upon the other 4 players who, obviously, are not always able to shoulder this burden.

The problem with this team, as with prior teams, is that unfortunately KC is what he is and we have not had better options for RM. The lack of better options is not the fault of KC. The reasons for our lack of other other options, of course, are that some rather nice outside shooting recruits went elsewhere, Jeff Reid and Christian Salisich did not work out, Ruben Cotto and the other JJ flunked out and injury long ago befell Femi John. Also, so far, Jake Barnett has not lived up to preseason expectations and MM and JJ have not been good enough to put KC, despite his limitations, on the bench.

Roy. You and I both know that RM knows what he is doing by playing KC. This team needs KC to turn the corner and step-up if we are toi win this year. We the fans, and certainly BC, deserves every chance to win now. Last year, we wanted KC to become the leading scorer and replace KM. Didn't happen. This year, we wanted KC to be a Senior leader to provide scoring support to KM and the others (along with his intangibles). Not happening either. Now, RM's dilemna is how much farther he sticks with his 4th year Senior. Frankly, it does appear that RM is playing MM and JJ (even though they make more mistakes) alot more than earlier in the year. KC is the present while JJ and MM are both the present and the future. I'm not ready to completely sit KC in favor of the youngsters (MM and JJ) but with each game (especially each loss), I'm more inclined to give more and more of KC's minutes away.

skip i dont recall questioning polk or ian's minutes.

but let me get this straight, i cant question anything of rickma off the court, but you all can question rickma's methods on the court.

that doesnt seem fair.

I've never said or even hinted you can't question anything about RM

Not their minutes but their play.