PATHETIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No. I am a SLU alum and can say whatever the hell I want. What do you want me to do when SLU wins? We are expected to win. This was the worst loss I've seen in the past five years. Aside from Mitchell and Conklin, there was no heart.

You are now and have always been a complete jackass! Your comments over the years have been worse than outrageous! You are an idiot troll and you should never ever even suggest you are a Bills fan. JJ played his butt off tonight as did Evans. I was at the game you moron and I could see up close and personal how good this Temple team is. PLEASE GO AWAY AND NEVER COME BACK.

The Bills lost but I dont think they were as outplayed as some of you are making it.

Some times teams have great shooting nights and Temple had one.

REB: Temple 24 SLU 32

AST: Temple 11 SLU 11

STL: Temple 6 SLU 8

BLK: Temple 6 SLU 5

TO: Temple 13 SLU10

They played hard. They played tough. They were right there the entire game.

This loss hurts, its disappointing and very frustrating but the team is still a good team and a top team in the A-10.

They lost to a team that was better TONIGHT.

No. I am a SLU alum and can say whatever the hell I want. What do you want me to do when SLU wins? We are expected to win. This was the worst loss I've seen in the past five years. Aside from Mitchell and Conklin, there was no heart.

You obviously werent watching when we scored 20 against GW, or when we lost to a terrible La Salle team on Lisch and Liddell's senior night

Did you even watch them game? Jett and Evans were playing their butts off as well. Temple was hitting everything in the 2nd half, we couldn't keep up.

Lol. Worst loss in the last 5 years? Worst game of the Cody Ellis era? What is going on here.

Temple just beat DUKE.. shot 60% from field, 70% from 3.. They're pretty good.

Bay Area is correct, we could not guard their taller guards, when we did they seemed to make it anyways AND draw the foul. It was hard to watch.

Kwamain as only player who could "handle the limelight"? Kwamain was throwing up horrible 3's all game (finally made a few at the end), and when he wasn't, he was driving to the hoop and with little production. It was also frustrating.

Ellis had a great first half, as did Evans. Jett played well. Cassity had another horrible game, and I don't know why he was playing down the stretch over Ellis. Conklin also great, needed the ball more.

Also like to add that I thought the fans were as best as I've seen in awhile. Kept getting up as Billikens were making a comeback, but we just couldn't get over the hump and send the place bananas.

Lol. Worst loss in the last 5 years? Worst game of the Cody Ellis era? What is going on here.

Temple just beat DUKE.. shot 60% from field, 70% from 3.. They're pretty good.

Bay Area is correct, we could not guard their taller guards, when we did they seemed to make it anyways AND draw the foul. It was hard to watch.

Kwamain as only player who could "handle the limelight"? Kwamain was throwing up horrible 3's all game (finally made a few at the end), and when he wasn't, he was driving to the hoop and with little production. It was also frustrating.

Ellis had a great first half, as did Evans. Jett played well. Cassity had another horrible game, and I don't know why he was playing down the stretch over Ellis. Conklin also great, needed the ball more.

Kwamain only missed 3 3's all game and one of them was the shot with like 15 seconds left. I wouldn't call that "throwing up horrible 3's all game"

Metz, you're WAYYYY off base here buddy. There was heart in the team tonight, no doubt. Were you there? The crowd was great. The team really fought hard. Sure, we made some mistakes and missed some open shots, and we had a few let downs on D, but the team did not give up. This is not the worst loss in 5 years. Temple is probably the best team in the A-10. They were on FIRE from the field. Tough loss, you bet. But no heart? No way.

Kwamain only missed 3 3's all game and one of them was the shot with like 15 seconds left. I wouldn't call that "throwing up horrible 3's all game"

Guess it wasn't as bad as it looked, but was just referring to the possessions where he took the ball up and shot a dead on 3 right away. Not sure if that's a designed play in Rick's offense.

Sure, we made some mistakes and missed some open shots,......They were on FIRE from the field. Tough loss, you bet. But no heart? No way.

I feel the same way. They just couldn't miss, no matter how crazy the circus shot (that up and under scoop I saw in the highlights of first half)

While BM has questionable interpersonal skills, there should be no doubt that he is a Billikens fan. Sometimes,my med's also wear out at the end of the day, or when I'm upset. Hell, last year my ex-girlfriend had to install chickenwire around her TV set during the season.

But, Metzinger is wrong about most of his assertions in this thread. Nobody on the team played terrible tonight, but they did play below their abilities, defensively, and were led by kyle casity in this category.i noticed we also killed Temple on the offensive boards, but that was only because we couldn't freaking finish!

Except for that big L.

The rest of the league has at least 1 Big L in the conference also and Temple and X have both lost at home to lesser A 10 opponents. 3-4 Losses in this conference put you in the hunt for the league title this year. It is going to be a grind in the A 10 this year.

The rest of the league has at least 1 Big L in the conference also and Temple and X have both lost at home to lesser A 10 opponents. 3-4 Losses in this conference put you in the hunt for the league title this year. It is going to be a grind in the A 10 this year.

4 losses is the absolute maximum. 11-5 puts any team in the A-10 on track for MSG.

This was an excruciating game to lose, especially with Temple continuously halting our runs with tough, contested shots. Add In a few mental lapses, and there's your L...I will say that despite Temple shooting lights out we DID only lose by 5.

Going into this game, I thought that Temple presented us with the hardest matchup, personnel wise, that we would face in the A-10. We even matchup better with Xavier...

Going 6-0 at Chaifetz and 5-2 on the road is still entirely plausible, albeit the margin for error just shrank considerably...

This was an excruciating game to lose, especially with Temple continuously halting our runs with tough, contested shots. Add In a few mental lapses, and there's your L...I will say that despite Temple shooting lights out we DID only lose by 5.

Going into this game, I thought that Temple presented us with the hardest matchup, personnel wise, that we would face in the A-10. We even matchup better with Xavier...

Going 6-0 at Chaifetz and 5-2 on the road is still entirely plausible, albeit the margin for error just shrank considerably...

Good post. I definitely woke up this morning feeling moderately depressed, but it's hard to be mad at this team when their opponent shot 57% from the field and 70% from 3, the majority of the time with a hand right in a face. This was the best team we've played all year and nobody's beating them if they play like that.

The road to the Big Dance has become far more difficult. We're gonna have to win a lot of road games.

I will say that despite Temple shooting lights out we DID only lose by 5.

This made me feel a lot better. Nobody has crushed us, knock on wood. Even Duke beaters. Now we just have to figure out how to win these games and now. Unfortunately, we are running out of "big win" chances in the regular season.

Idiotic all the way around.

There was this guy named DE that kind of kept us in the game.

Go ahead and keep blowing your bf. You look like the kind of guy who would do that sort of thing. I mean that in all sincerity. But hey, it gets better.

First, let me start by giving a hearty hello and happy new year to the Billiken board. As you are probably aware, 2012 is a big year in DC and several activities have taken my time away from providing my thoughts on Billiken basketball.

Like other out of towners, it is great to catch the Bills on TV. However, after reading Metz' comments about Ellis / no heart / limelight, I am wondering if he is actually a credible source for basketball information, is a true Billiken fan, or if he just likes to write posts and think later. I don't know this guy, so I will reserve judgement. Looking at his above comment, I assume he is in high school and a potential future SLU student, so I have to take it easy on him.

My quick thoughts on the game:

KM and Conklin were invisible in the 1st half (complete opposite in the 2nd half)

Remekun actually made some plays in the 1st half (complete opposite 2nd half - non existant)

I thought making a layup would be easier if you were 7ft tall, Loe proved it is actually more difficult. I would question Loe's play before I ever thought to criticize CE. (referecing Metz' post)

What was MMs stat line last night? I don't recall a single play he made. However, that turnover underneath our hoop late in the 2nd half killed one our our rallys.

JJ brought great energy

DE was a monster under the rim, especially on the offensive end (he played with a lot of heart contrary to another Metz post)

I am very deflated after last nights loss. We let a great opportunity slip through our hands on a national stage with a near sellout crowd. Everyone keep their heads up and continue supporting the Bills. I am looking forward to the next televised game.

Until next time,

Patrick

"I like firing people" - Romney 2012