That cold chill you feel...

Got to hand it to the Owls as they had all the answers in the 2nd half tonight and deserved the W. Back to the drawing board and right now we have lots of work to do if we are going to even dream about any 2012 NCAA bid. Our defense was not good and their big guards made every big basket in this game.

...is the result of scads of people jumping off of the Billikens-in-the-2012-Tournament bandwagon.

Nope, it's still not getting any easier.

I'd call it the evaporation of the postseason dream. There wasn't much of a bandwagon in any case......

Your :Jimbo Bad Language: Tigers won tonight. Got to be happy about that.....

Yep. NIT if we're lucky.

I will probably get some crap for saying this, but should we be happy with the NIT from this group? Before you go crazy here me out. This is basically the same team that only won 12 games last year with the addition of Kwamain at guard (a position where we already had a lot of depth). Sure everyone has another year under their belts, but jumping from 12 wins to the NCAA is a pretty freaking big jump. If the Bills fail to make the NCAAs, I will still support them in the NIT (or CBI or whatever).

Now, I think we can still make the NCAAs as long as the Bills start playing better. Here are some things we have to do against good teams like Temple.

1. Hit FTs. Pretty pathetic from the line tonight. Props to Jordair who (uncharacteristically) nailed all of his. But Loe, Evans, and Conklin (who should be our better FT shooters) went a combined 5-10.

2. Make layups. Again the Bills missed quite a few layups. Only 1 or 2 were easy ones and Temple had some athletics bigs that were trying to swat everything, but we have to make layups even tough ones.

3. Play better 1 on 1 defense (I'm looking at you Cassity and Ellis). These two guys were made to look absolutely horrible numerous times in the game when trying to stop a dribble drive.

The Bills were outplayed plain and simple, but they certainly did not get any of the "home cooking" from the refs. Most of the 50-50 calls went to Temple and there were a couple WTF calls like at the end of the 1st half when the Temple player grabbed Kwamain's jersey as he blew by him and there was no call (which almost led to 2 pts for Temple the other way). Alas, if the Bills just do one of the things I mentioned above, the refs don't matter at all, so you can't blame the loss on them.

LOL. This. Team. Just. Beat. Duke. They shot 60% from floor and 70% from 3. NIT if we're lucky..........

I think we will keep saying this after every loss till we get into the finals of the CBI...they also lost to Dayton AT Temple. We basically have to win every home game and lose 2 road games (which I can't see happening the way this team plays on the road). It will take an A-10 tourney championship or we will be dancing..in the NIT. If we go to the tourney, then I'll be happy to buy you a couple beers there. If we don't, I expect a nacho and a couple beers at our home game in the NIT tourney.

I think we will keep saying this after every loss till we get into the finals of the CBI...they also lost to Dayton AT Temple. We basically have to win every home game and lose 2 road games (which I can't see happening the way this team plays on the road). It will take an A-10 tourney championship or we will be dancing..in the NIT. If we go to the tourney, then I'll be happy to buy you a couple beers there. If we don't, I expect a nacho and a couple beers at our home game in the NIT tourney.

Sorry my point was regarding Box's NIT comment, not our NCAA chances. If we have to "get lucky" in order to even make the NIT... then I'm not sure which team I've been watching all season. They're better than that. Agree, the NIT would be a disappointment either way.