GDT: Texass Sluthern Gooniversity

jimbofive

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

manning needs a lot of work. heard he was supposed to be a good defensive player, i see ZERO intensity down there. and deer in headlights on offense. gives you an appreciation for guys like sullinger that just come in and absolutely dominate bigtime competition down low.

manning needs a lot of work. heard he was supposed to be a good defensive player, i see ZERO intensity down there. and deer in headlights on offense. gives you an appreciation for guys like sullinger that just come in and absolutely dominate bigtime competition down low.

Agree that he's not that good but to his credit he has 3 blocks.

-i was a little disappointed in how we handled their press, i see the boxscore has us for 12 to's (3 by JM) but it seemed to me we had a few more, imo pressure should not bother us and should in fact be something we exploit

-KM, let;s make ft's, you will have the ball at the end of close games and 60% is not going to cut it (and forcing shots early in the clock is not cool, either)

-as a team we have a couple passes per game where we don't go to the pass, our margin for error is not enough to allow this to continue

-our guards continue to get beat one on one going to the basket

-i would shot fake us as we go for every block, sometimes 2 or 3 of us, leaving uncontested off rebounds

-it gets real now

-i was a little disappointed in how we handled their press, i see the boxscore has us for 12 to's (3 by JM) but it seemed to me we had a few more, imo pressure should not bother us and should in fact be something we exploit

-KM, let;s make ft's, you will have the ball at the end of close games and 60% is not going to cut it (and forcing shots early in the clock is not cool, either)

-as a team we have a couple passes per game where we don't go to the pass, our margin for error is not enough to allow this to continue

-our guards continue to get beat one on one going to the basket

-i would shot fake us as we go for every block, sometimes 2 or 3 of us, leaving uncontested off rebounds

-it gets real now

You are right - your head count is more accurate then the official box score. The pressure we did not handle well was mostly a result of JM or RL getting caught holding the ball - I am not too worried about that because the approach we used would be quickly abandon if it does not work for something a bit more simpler. This game was for working on things as much as anything else. We shot 80% or so from the line as a team and KM did not take many FTs so once again - you have more to worry about in your life probably then KM's performance last night. This was a tune up for NM and hopefully we play well there and at Dayton.

tony harvey must just be a horrible coach. a few of those players last night were nice players but they had absolutely no plan, and they played horrible defense. i was just glad no one got hurt. there should be absolutely no reason to play a team like that. nothing good comes of it.

Go back and read the game thread from last year's Portland game. It's gold, Jerry, gold.

I eventually found it. Yep, Box, I was laughing so hard I was reminded of the Terre du Carbon mobile home park. Should have realized it involved the "Pelican" announcer. BTW, Box, were you and Bonwich in the same creative writing on-the-fly course at SLU ?

I eventually found it. Yep, Box, I was laughing so hard I was reminded of the Terre du Carbon mobile home park. Should have realized it involved the "Pelican" announcer. BTW, Box, were you and Bonwich in the same creative writing on-the-fly course at SLU ?

Ha, maybe in different decades.