poll watch

BLIKNS

I edited the post to say, "thicks." A-Bomb had actually put my name there.

I didn't realize it was a problem your name is in your signature line.

I have a general disdain for all things Boone County related. I have a greater disdain for fans of that program. I reserve my greatest disdain for SLU students/alumni that root for that school.

There Can Be Only One

Illinois almost lost to Cornell tonight. They are not very good.

Agree. I have watched enough of their games to think that they're nothing special this year, though I would love to have Meyers Leonard on our team.

SLU wins 76 Classic, defeating 3 BCS Conference schools, loses close game two days later at LMU on obviously tired legs (excuse, yes, but SLU did lose that night), and drops out of Top 25 in AP and ESPN/USA Today Polls.

Illinois looks flat out awful in losing a semi-home game at United Center to UNLV, yet remains ranked 25th and 24th in the two polls.

You be the Judge. I know what my decision is. ... (Hint: BCS, BCS, BCS).

And I will put our Billikens up against Illinois any time, any place. SLU might lose at Assembly Hall with the Big Ten Football refs. But I'm confident SLU would win in St. Louis at any venue, and on any neutral floor.

It would be Bills by 8 over Illini at Scottrade

If you're an insider, you can see this - apologies if you're not.

http://insider.espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/7360259/college-hoops-top-68-rankings-syracuse-stands-no-1

Jay Bilas's rankings as of Dec. 18th.

26. Saint Louis BillikensPosted Image

They dribble, pass and shoot, and do not get sped up.

nice to see Jay Bilas giving SLU some props.

What makes college hoops so great is that there are probably about a 100 teams in the country that on any given night can beat anyone. Granted, it would take something special for an Ark St to beat a KY or OSU, but not so much SLU and a host of other teams ranked 10-50. Which just means we've got to come out every night to prove ourselves worthy of top 25. All the clamor about SLU this year would go silent pretty damn quick if we lost tonight.

Loyola Marymount continues to crap the bed - they suffered a BEATDOWN at the hands of Morgan State at home last night, 69-45.

Someone claimed earlier that if the Bills play Marymount 10 times, we probably win nine, which got the Marymount trolls all in a tizzy. Seems kind of funny now.

Loyola Marymount continues to crap the bed - they suffered a BEATDOWN at the hands of Morgan State at home last night, 69-45.

Someone claimed earlier that if the Bills play Marymount 10 times, we probably win nine, which got the Marymount trolls all in a tizzy. Seems kind of funny now.

I really hate that team now. They really should have went 5-1 in their next six after beating us. Instead, they go 2-4. Go fuok yourself, LMU!

I didn't realize it was a problem your name is in your signature line.

I have a general disdain for all things Boone County related. I have a greater disdain for fans of that program. I reserve my greatest disdain for SLU students/alumni that root for that school.

My signature has first initial and last name, not my first name.

If it makes you feel better to have disdain for someone's personal choice, help yourself. But understand that I've never been a SLU student or alumnus. I chose to make SLU a team that I root for (because I'm a homer).

My signature has first initial and last name, not my first name.

If it makes you feel better to have disdain for someone's personal choice, help yourself. But understand that I've never been a SLU student or alumnus. I chose to make SLU a team that I root for (because I'm a homer).

What are you in witness protection? (For the record my real name is listed on my bills.com page)

I'm glad to have you as a bills fan but don't expect not to get a zinger now and again for being a Tiger fan. It's the nature of the beast....

What are you in witness protection? (For the record my real name is listed on my bills.com page)

I'm glad to have you as a bills fan but don't expect not to get a zinger now and again for being a Tiger fan. It's the nature of the beast....

There's a difference between having your name in your profile and having splattered it on the board. I don't have any problem taking a razzing for rooting for Missouri; that's not what my complaint was. But it does bother me a little when people imply that because I'm a Mizzou fan I'm not truly a Billikens fan.

There's a difference between having your name in your profile and having splattered it on the board. I don't have any problem taking a razzing for rooting for Missouri; that's not what my complaint was. But it does bother me a little when people imply that because I'm a Mizzou fan I'm not truly a Billikens fan.

So who would you cheer for in a SLU vs. Mizzou match up?

So who would you cheer for in a SLU vs. Mizzou match up?

I don't want that matchup to occur unless it's for the National Championship.

The last three times they played one another, I was pulling for SLU just a tiny bit, most in the third matchup, when Stokes threw in that dagger.

It's a situation in which one of my teams wins and the other loses, so it's kind of a push. But because Missouri has been a bit more prominent and has somewhat more national esteem, I've favored SLU until they can reach a similar level — or better yet both teams can become good enough to contend for Final Four appearances! If the tables were turned and SLU was the superior program for 10 to 15 years, then I'd probably pull for Missouri just a tiny bit in a matchup between the two programs.

I don't want that matchup to occur unless it's for the National Championship.

The last three times they played one another, I was pulling for SLU just a tiny bit, most in the third matchup, when Stokes threw in that dagger.

It's a situation in which one of my teams wins and the other loses, so it's kind of a push. But because Missouri has been a bit more prominent and has somewhat more national esteem, I've favored SLU until they can reach a similar level — or better yet both teams can become good enough to contend for Final Four appearances! If the tables were turned and SLU was the superior program for 10 to 15 years, then I'd probably pull for Missouri just a tiny bit in a matchup between the two programs.

Terrible answer. Just confirms my suspicions.

Really....Imagine a Dayton fan as a moderator on the Musketeer Madness board.......

As a bleeding heart, ivory tower, academic liberal....i guess i am just open minded even to those who are misguided ;)

It's physically impossible to root for both Dayton and Xavier. It's also impossible to root for Dayton and have a life, but that's another story ;)

It's physically impossible to root for both Dayton and Xavier. It's also impossible to root for Dayton and have a life, but that's another story ;)

I'm shocked...SHOCKED! It's just not possible that there are some straight up hoops fans in Ohio?

You are right of course. Capulets and Montagues. Hatfields and McCoys. Dayton and Xavier fans. Missouri and Kansas fans.

St. louis fans and Missouri aka Spumac aka UM at Columbia aka Boone County Tech aka Missery aka Mi$$ouri..............