Well, we didn't have to worry about running the score up

The Wiz

LOL

The key to the game was when 32 on UIS got into foul trouble with 10-11 min left. He was the cog that drove their offense and defense. The game which was even at that point broke open. He was out 4 min and during that stretch we opened a 9 point lead and that was the game.

We should have beat this team by alot more than 10. I said that before the game and repeat it after. This may be a good wakeup call for the next few home games. Don't take the opponent lightly.

LOL

The key to the game was when 32 on UIS got into foul trouble with 10-11 min left. He was the cog that drove their offense and defense. The game which was even at that point broke open. He was out 4 min and during that stretch we opened a 9 point lead and that was the game.

We should have beat this team by alot more than 10. I said that before the game and repeat it after. This may be a good wakeup call for the next few home games. Don't take the opponent lightly.

Like I was saying, Rick Majerus will take full advantage of this opportunity.

Like I just said in a previous thread, practice this week should be very interesting this week as I imagine the coaches will have the players undivided attention.

I hope it doesn't get too interesting and RM actually learns to dial it down a little during the winter break. I hope he can get his point across without wearing these guys out with practice.

Like I just said in a previous thread, practice this week should be very interesting this week as I imagine the coaches will have the players undivided attention.

With finals all next week I would expect practice to be anything but "interesting". RM will be lucky to have enough kids available to even to have anything resembling a practice. Don't worry about this - we probably had no game film of them, no actual game plan per se put together, and the team was not razor sharp motivation wise, This game reminded me of the two exhibition games and look what happened after them.

With finals all next week I would expect practice to be anything but "interesting". RM will be lucky to have enough kids available to even to have anything resembling a practice. Don't worry about this - we probably had no game film of them, no actual game plan per se put together, and the team was not razor sharp motivation wise, This game reminded me of the two exhibition games and look what happened after them.

Yeah, that's what I thought about when reflecting on the game. They played like it was an exhibition which didn't really count for anything other than repetition. It seemed like they were playing in quicksand or were in a fog. The ballhandling wasn't crisp. And a lot of open shots didn't go down. Did Cassity ever hit a shot?

Yeah, that's what I thought about when reflecting on the game. They played like it was an exhibition which didn't really count for anything other than repetition. It seemed like they were playing in quicksand or were in a fog. The ballhandling wasn't crisp. And a lot of open shots didn't go down. Did Cassity ever hit a shot?

A layup I believe.

I am choosing to lokk at this game like the St Ambrose game and the end of the Canadian trip. I don't think anyone should read too much into it.

It is what is. A game that no game planning went into and that is hard to get up for.

You really think RM would coast through any game this year after watching these same kids lose most of the time last year.

I was happy to hear DE had thirteen boards in a game with at least one good big; Ellis also rebounded. Question is how can we not

Have Loe more of a threat in this or any game with his skills he should be getting more open looks. Is KC hurt?

You really think RM would coast through any game this year after watching these same kids lose most of the time last year.

I was happy to hear DE had thirteen boards in a game with at least one good big; Ellis also rebounded. Question is how can we not

Have Loe more of a threat in this or any game with his skills he should be getting more open looks. Is KC hurt?

Yes - RM even said in the paper today that he made a mistake by not game planning for this game. His point is he realizes that he communicated that this was not an important game and players picked up on it. Like said before and others also - a win is a win and lets just move on and make sure the coach and players learn not to do this again.

Best quote of the day was Conk's. Something like "we're gonna hear about this when we get to the locker room." Give 'em some slack, finals week, RM admits no serious game planning, and most probably figured they were gonna play 15-20 minutes then sit down and spectate. A wake up call game. Hey, 'Cuse got beat by a D2 school last year. It happens but afterall is said and done, let's be thankful it didn't happen to us yesterday.

Yes, let's not get too carried away with bracketology and projections and such. We need to improve and focus on one game at a time. There are lots of big games left, home and especially away in the conference. Constantly improve, meld together and win, win, win. We will be happy where we end up if we do that. Every player will have to step up and shine somewhere along the road.

We're not the team that played against UI-S but we're not the first-half team vs. UWash. either. Grind 'em out, boys !

I had a long drive this afternoon and I caught the Kansas State-No Florida game on XM radio,

Normally I would not listen to this and expect KSU to blow them out in Manhattan. No FL, with 7 minutes left was up by 9 and lead pretty much the whole game. Announcers said Martin was going nuts. Anyway, KSU won in OT.

So these things happen. Good teams sometimes come out flat in what they perceive to be inferior competition.

Hopefully, we have 3 more gimmes coming up, lets put them all away early. I like to see GG, Manning and JB get some significant minutes.