If you had told me before the season...

Bizziken

that through the first 6 games....

...Kwamain would only score in double digits in 3 games

...Kwamain would be shooting under 40% from the field

...Brian Conklin was far and away our leading scorer (by 5+ points per game)

...Barnett would be averaging less than 5 minutes per game

...Evans would be averaging less than 5 points per game

...Loe would be averaging less than 5 points per game AND less than 2 rebounds

...and that NO ONE on our team was averaging more than 5 rebounds per game...

I would have guessed 3-3 at best...

Unbe-farking-lievable!!!!

imo the keys to the surprise of our success is for the most part the spectacular improvement of conklin and jett coupled with the calming influence of mitchell just being there.

i have had a chance to watch the games and my gosh this is a fun team to watch. if i could take back my 20 win prediction now i would. i truly think this team has a chance to lose less than 5 games this season they have been that impressive.

think about it: they are blowing out bcs teams. and folks, the likes of oklahoma, washington and villanova are likely going to be ncaa teams.

that through the first 6 games....

...Kwamain would only score in double digits in 3 games

...Kwamain would be shooting under 40% from the field

...Brian Conklin was far and away our leading scorer (by 5+ points per game)

...Barnett would be averaging less than 5 minutes per game

...Evans would be averaging less than 5 points per game

...Loe would be averaging less than 5 points per game AND less than 2 rebounds

...and that NO ONE on our team was averaging more than 5 rebounds per game...

I would have guessed 3-3 at best...

Unbe-farking-lievable!!!!

I think a lot of people believed a 6-0 start was possible, but probably not likely. What has amazed me is how we've blown these teams out.

The really amazing thing is how its been different players in different games. Conk and KM have been the rocks, but Jett, Cassity, etc. have had games when they step up big time. I still expect break-out games from McCall, Loe and Evans.

I think a lot of people believed a 6-0 start was possible, but probably not likely. What has amazed me is how we've blown these teams out.

The really amazing thing is how its been different players in different games. Conk and KM have been the rocks, but Jett, Cassity, etc. have had games when they step up big time. I still expect break-out games from McCall, Loe and Evans.

-MM does have me a bit concerned, hopefully for no reason

-when the matchups allow any or everyone will have a big game, but to this short point someone has every game and the rest contribute at a level we have not seen in sometime, amazing really

imo the keys to the surprise of our success is for the most part the spectacular improvement of conklin and jett coupled with the calming influence of mitchell just being there.

i have had a chance to watch the games and my gosh this is a fun team to watch. if i could take back my 20 win prediction now i would. i truly think this team has a chance to lose less than 5 games this season they have been that impressive.

think about it: they are blowing out bcs teams. and folks, the likes of oklahoma, washington and villanova are likely going to be ncaa teams.

Absolutely right- it really is amazing to see how improved our team is, especially offensively...and don't forget Ellis stepping up/reverting back to Freshman form...

I definitely thought we COULD go undefeated, but I would have assumed that Mitchell, Evans, and Loe would have been the ones to step up on the offensive end...it's definitely a pleasant surprise to see Ellis, Jett, and Conklin carrying the team with Mitchell as the caretaker...

Come conference time, I fully expect Mitchell to be acclimated enough to balance out any offensive dropoffs that Ellis and Conklin may have...

Absolutely right- it really is amazing to see how improved our team is, especially offensively...and don't forget Ellis stepping up/reverting back to Freshman form...

I definitely thought we COULD go undefeated, but I would have assumed that Mitchell, Evans, and Loe would have been the ones to step up on the offensive end...it's definitely a pleasant surprise to see Ellis, Jett, and Conklin carrying the team with Mitchell as the caretaker...

Come conference time, I fully expect Mitchell to be acclimated enough to balance out any offensive dropoffs that Ellis and Conklin may have...

-to me CE is leaps and bounds ahead of the player he was as a frosh

I was thinking like that earlier.....but then I realized that the teams we are playing now are as good or better than most of the teams in our conference

cowboy is exactly right. ellis is nothing like the freshman version. the freshman version was a one dimensional very good 3 point shooter. ellis right now is a total player.

Did anybody else think that Evans looked frustrated in the game last night? Every time the camera showed him he looked frustrated to me.

evans is learning a new position. he primarily played power forward last year. now he is almost exclusively on the wing. give him time.

On another note, did anybody catch what was said specifically about Manning in the Villanova game? The guys calling the action said something about RM saying in a conversation to them that JM will be his next great big and referred to his bigs at Utah.

We've all seen how Conklin has developed under RM. I can't wait to see the same development of RL and JM over the years.

I'm not expressing any displeasure with him, but I thought he looked frustrated.

i think both evans and mccall have looked frustrated thus far.

I'm not expressing any displeasure with him, but I thought he looked frustrated.

It might have been more about being a little winded instead of being frustrated. DE is now playing at the 3, and with that it means guarding smaller, quicker players than he was used to last season. Combine that with it being the 3rd game in 4 days and and he played 25 minutes against OU, and I can see where it might look like he was frustrated when the camera panned on him, where it is just as possible that he was merely tired.

Yeah...Cody is definitely a TON improved; completely different player...I guess I meant that he regained his shooting touch...He couldn't hit the broadside of a barn last year. And other than his slump at the end of his freshman year, he hit some big buckets last year...

Exactly.

Incredible improvement from Conklin and Jett.

Ellis improved, well rounded player, Remekun too, also Loe and Evans are tougher in the paint.

And Mitchell being in place again steadies everything, with Cassity, McCall their good reliable selves.

And so many shots suddenly are going down. From everyone. WTF?

Alright I've been a dedicated SLU fan since I was like 7, I'm 16, and I've had season tickets ever since then, I go to every game possible and watch all the ones I don't make. If anyone would have told we were going to be 6-0 with the kind of schedule we had and we were going to blow out all of these teams, I would've laughed at them. I would've believed we'd be .500 or better but this season is just unbelievable, cinderella story for sure. Conk's been straight stud, boss in the paint, and everybody's been contributing in a solid way. We're playing such a balanced inside-outside game, it's crazy. The rest of our schedule should be fairly easy and I'm looking for anywhere between a 2 loss season to an undefeated season. TrueSLUBlue!

Alright I've been a dedicated SLU fan since I was like 7, I'm 16, and I've had season tickets ever since then, I go to every game possible and watch all the ones I don't make. If anyone would have told we were going to be 6-0 with the kind of schedule we had and we were going to blow out all of these teams, I would've laughed at them. I would've believed we'd be .500 or better but this season is just unbelievable, cinderella story for sure. Conk's been straight stud, boss in the paint, and everybody's been contributing in a solid way. We're playing such a balanced inside-outside game, it's crazy. The rest of our schedule should be fairly easy and I'm looking for anywhere between a 2 loss season to an undefeated season. TrueSLUBlue!

pump the brakes. LMU is a trap game (should win). New mexico is incredibly tough to play at.(my predicted first loss). Dayton to open conference will be hard the way they are playing. we have at xavier. don't expect temple and st. bonnie's to be easy. never doubt a chris mooney richmond squad. let the boys play.

Did anybody else think that Evans looked frustrated in the game last night? Every time the camera showed him he looked frustrated to me.

Honestly, he always looks pissed off, one of the things I like about him, kind of like he's ready to kick someone's a$$. He is always intense, never satisfied. That said, I fully expected him to be our leading scorer until Kwamain became comfortable with his game. I think playing the 3 is a much bigger adjustment for him than anyone expected.

Come to think of it, Dwayne looks like he's ready to rain a shower of nachos on someone...sound familiar? ;-)

There's a fine line between playing pissed off and playing so pissed off that it has a negative impact on your game. Evans appears fine for now, but it's definitely something to keep our eyes on. Hopefully the early success of the team can help him understand how important of a role he can have this season if he can transition into a new position.