Any word on Breuing?

Scoop

Not this time. Looks like it's all over. Sounds like UCLA is tryingto throw their hat in the ring now.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/content/usf-gets-visit-6-8-forward-released-terps

the only thing that is bad in that article is this "and Richert said he believes Breunig will decide between the two schools."

Given that we have already heard the following in this recruitment:

- He will be heading to Germany to discuss with his family (trip never happened)

- San Francisco was one of the schools he was considering (whoever wrote that should have known USF did not mean the Dons).

Our chances aren't good obviously, but hopefully people have long since learned not to rely solely on biased reports from other schools blogs.

Has SLU done any work on him since the dead period ended? Seems like all of a sudden these schools are coming out of the woodwork when we were his second choice in Feb. Doesn't seem that USF would even be in the picture.

I believe South Florida was one of his final choices back in February.

I'm not sure why you have such a hard time understanding why there are so many different schools involved now.

I think we understand why the other schools are after him. The point is what else has SLU done since his release. You don't fall from second choice to completely off the table.

Sure you can. Happens all the time to the Bills. We lost our assistant coach. He decomitted from an ACC school. He had an entire season to showcase his growth. We're probably just another school that gets lost in the bright lights of the BCS. Too bad though. I really think he could have been a star and may be our best/most athletic big man from day one.

My point is did SLU make an effort with him after his release. I hardly think USF is a major basketball power. If there was no contact then shame on us. Is there anyone who knows if there was an effort on our part. Even if our AC was gone somebody should have been on top of getting to Bruenig.

My point is did SLU make an effort with him after his release. I hardly think USF is a major basketball power. If there was no contact then shame on us. Is there anyone who knows if there was an effort on our part. Even if our AC was gone somebody should have been on top of getting to Bruenig.

I think the Heardthisblog guys said that HTB had contacted Breunig's coach and the coach said SLU had been in contact with Breunig (or Breunig's coach).

With 2 scholarships open and Breunig being the most coveted available 2011 player right now, I would highly doubt that SLU has not made an effort to get him on the team.

Yes, we have been in contact with him.

I can stomach losing someone to UCLA and UDub but a basketball recruit to South Florida is pretty damn funny! I sure hope they are "wining and dining" him with gorgeous coeds, palm trees and beach scenes because the glorious winning history video of South Florida basketball runs all of 37 seconds ---- and that's in super slo-mo. They are and will be the doormat of the Big East for like forever. Do they even make one "Big East Games of the Week?"

I can stomach losing someone to UCLA and UDub but a basketball recruit to South Florida is pretty damn funny! I sure hope they are "wining and dining" him with gorgeous coeds, palm trees and beach scenes because the glorious winning history video of South Florida basketball runs all of 37 seconds ---- and that's in super slo-mo. They are and will be the doormat of the Big East for like forever. Do they even make one "Big East Games of the Week?"

Ya, but they are across the street from Busch Gardens :lol:

I recall about 8 or 9 years ago I was visiting my folks in Sarasota and I decided to take in a Golden Brahmans game. It was back in the CUSA days and they were playing Marquette (who was highly ranked that year) in the Sun Dome. I could count the number of fans with my hands and toes.

An announcement is coming today from Breunig. He is choosing between UW and USF apparently.

Unless it has been upgraded their campus architecture is equivalent to 1960's SIUC even if they are a short drive to Busch Brewery

Unless it has been upgraded their campus architecture is equivalent to 1960's SIUC even if they are a short drive to Busch Brewery

We need to face the facts here, it doesn't matter what their history is, or what their campus looks like...they are a member of one of the best coferences and their players get to play against some of the best competition. I'm not trying to make an excuse for us not landing him, but until we sustain some success like Xavier has had, we aren't going to beat many BCS teams out for recruits.

I hope he goes to UW...losing a recruit to freaking South Florida would be really frustrating. Lose one to Tennessee, maybe this kid to USF.

FDL is right, winning is going to get these kids.

We also lost one to TCU, which is nothing to be happy about. The perception of the BCS schools is everything to these kids nowadays. We've been lucky to land some of the players we have recently without any real success.

We also lost one to TCU, which is nothing to be happy about. The perception of the BCS schools is everything to these kids nowadays. We've been lucky to land some of the players we have recently without any real success.

If you're a national merit scholar your desire is to go to a status school, ie one of the Ivies, Stanford, Northwestern, etc. No different if you're a top 150 bb player. It's long past time for the Bills to start winning some games and making the dance.

And more newer generations of Billiken rooters are learning what it means to be a Billiken fan .... left at the altar again. Coulda-shoulda-woulda. We're #2 in the recruiting race. Awww shucks. Another run ala the Polish horse soliders standing in opposition to the German Blitzkrieg. As Too the Terrible Troll says "so it goes."

Parcells said it best about needing to pick his groceries if he was going to make the meal. The conundrum seems to be how do we "just win baby" when our strength-impaired, height-impaired, talent-short, earth-bound roster is going up against those same Top 150 players that went to other schools? You can't play continually against the little sisters of the poor, the season-ticket masses won't stand for it and the front running St. Louis fans won't buy it and come to your walk-up window in the droves needed to fill the place. You can't get big name BCS schools to come to town; but they will let you come to their place and be their OOC fodder for cash which serves to run 180 degrees counter to where you want to be. You can't hire the young and up and coming coach because your history is one of destructing a career, not constructing one. So you lure a Hall of Famer out of retirement and then nickle and dime him to death over charters and the like.

Let's move on. The key to the upcoming season to me rests with Remekun and Manning. We need an interior something on both ends of the floor, one defensive "stopper" to shut down the middle and someone to provide us an option down low in order to open up the shots for our over-abundance of Lilliputian shooters ---- to include Loe and Ellis. Then, the gang that couldn't shoot straight is going to have to shoot straighter than in the past. This should then allow driving lanes for Mitchell and Jett and pen more room for Conklin to work some senior majic. Remekun is not going to get a redshirt year ---ever. Time to put up or shut up. This is the year, the third year, that a kid at a four-year college will "get it" and perform. I named Remekun to the "most disappointing team" last year. I think if I get to name him to the "most improved" this year, the season will be a success.

There is no help (as if there ever is) on the spring horizon. We are who we thought we are with one unknown (anythign Manning brings). Lace 'em up.