on nate's recommendation......

i went out and bought the post today (probably havent bought 10 copies in the last 4 years). the first team all metro team is liddell, meyer, polk, lisch and x price. 4 out 5 billiken guys.

polk is the poy.

other than the shootout, i did not get a chance to venture across the river this year as i have in years past to watch any games, so my viewing was limited to liddell, lisch and price. i still dont think price was the best player on his own team. i would give the ball to jb jones in a second if i wanted to win a game and we had one shot instead of price. but there is no denying x's supreme athleticism. i must admit he played harder more consistent more often this year than in the past, but still not the star he should be.

i was surprised not to find athur sargent's name even listed in the honorable mention list. nate must have had too much to do with the list. ;-) he mentioned the other day he wasnt impressed with arthur.

On Tommy's bio in the post the rporter wrote Signed with SLU but may go the junior college route. Is there something new here? I was under the impression that if he didn't qualify a prep school was the most likely. Do prep schools offer scholarships? The problem with going JUCO is that as a non qualifier he has to stay 2 years.

>Methinks Polk won the POY when he dropped 38 points in the

>championship game. Meyer was the regular season POY, hands

>down.

That would be my guess too, as many times over the years in all sports the PD has put some extra weight on leading your team to the state title, which is why I thought Polk would be named POY.

Congrats to all those honored.

I'll have to look through the paper later today when I get the chance.

frankly willie, i have been wondering about the prep school route financial thing for awhile now. didnt a bunch of the midwestern players get in trouble with the ncaa for accepting "scholarships" to the prep schools a couple of years back? my guess is that liddell wont have the financial means to afford an east coast prep school and may have to go the juco route. all the scarier as that puts him even more in the limelight of being re-recruited.

who would you knock down to second team and replace with grimes? personally i applaud the post for getting it right. i only question no arthur sargent anywhere. he would have at least been on my honorable mention list.

actually i am leaving in ten minutes for a basketball tourney my daughter is playing near terre haute. sorry. my guess is that stu and nate will make sure it gets to stltoday.com by tomorrow. right guys! :-)

i will agree it is unacceptable if it plays out there was no backup plan. but if jeckle foster or a big name transfer shows up in lieu of tommie should tommie not make it, i am forgiving. especially if tommie is here in the future. which jalensdad seems sure he will be.

my son will use the tix tonite and anita and i will go sunday. our seats are 125 row ee 4 and 5.

since i wouldnt even have had price over jb jones, i have no problem with grimes over price. makes sense.

do you know if any east siders other than sargent are playing for the eagles this summer? curious if jeremy felton is one of the teams. i know earl liked him a lot and i am sure he tipped jones.

A back-up plan is in place. The coaching staff isn't dumb! However, as you suggested, the secondary plan wouldn't be put into place until it was deemed appropriate. That may be when the final high school transcript has been received and when the June ACT test results are known in mid-June. Or, it's possible that the secondary plan could be put into action sooner, for example, if April's high school work happened to seriously decline.

What's up with Evans ... isn't he a Sr. ... is he committed. If he is participating in the Dunk contest tommorrow I am assumming that his knee is healed ... some big name schools were looking at him before the injury. Could he be a back up plan?

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

I just tried to put the wheels in motion to get it on the site. The sports stuff isn't getting online as fast today because of the huge volume of St. Louis Regional stuff in the special section.

Worst case, I'll post the article after about 3:30, when I'll have access to it through a different database.

I noticed that point being slipped in by the Post-I would NOT assume that it is w/o foundation. If TL has to go JUCO, it turns areally, really good recruiting class into a just better than average class, if that. TL is the jewel of the class and w/o him it is hard to see much improvement next year unless we are able to get a real stud with the 4th scholarship and/or we are able to use TL's sch. to get a similar quality player. That is too many ifs for me-losing TL for 2 years would be a real downer.

Of course I loved getting up this morning and seeing the All-Metro team in today's paper! It really makes you feel excited about our future. All these guys will look great wearing the "Billiken blue". Lisch would just make this team even better since he's possibly the best player on the list. Possibly getting 4 out of 5 guys from the All Metro team...now that's impressive!

"Praises we sing, to you our alma mater,

Praise to the white and blue.

Our hymn shall ring, in tribute strong to you,

We hail Saint Louis U."

Official Billikens.com sponsor of Andrew Latimer