Quinton Chievous

ACE

Our beat writer talks about the state of the team heading into the recruiting period, yet offers up no names of who we are looking at. Oh well, some things never seem to change. A little digging would have been nice.

Since Quinton Chievous is the one name that appears to be visiting here, what do folks know about him? Similar size to DE, but maybe more skilled offensively and less of a renounder? What does he offer us? Who else is recruitng him?

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/slu/article_3a5f1372-baf1-5397-b89c-c7aa01afce77.html

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Our beat writer talks about the state of the team heading into the recruiting period, yet offers up no names of who we are looking at. Oh well, some things never seem to change. A little digging would have been nice.

Since Quinton Chievous is the one name that appears to be visiting here, what do folks know about him? Similar size to DE, but maybe more skilled offensively and less of a renounder? What does he offer us? Who else is recruitng him?

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/slu/article_3a5f1372-baf1-5397-b89c-c7aa01afce77.html

I noticed in a 'Rambler Rants' Forum that some talked about Moser landing Chievous for Loyola.

According to a tweet by a Sun Times sportswriter in March Quinton's "list" included us, Penn St, Iowa, Nebraska, NC St, TCU and DePaul. I put list in quotes because I do not know which schools were interested and which had offered. From what I have read he just started playing organized basketball a few years ago. As you can see from the video he can jump out of the gym he is considered to have a pretty big upside

-my gosh we have to him based only on this!!!! (not directed at you drew)

Higher vertical and being smarter than ding dong Reed = a spot on our roster. Plus RM does all of his recruiting based on YouTube videos since he never leaves his hotel room.

If kids sign with coaches, then Chievous will more than likely end up at Loyola of Chicago .. a far cry from his listed school sof St. Louis and TCU and an even further cry from the lieks of the Big Ten (Penn State, Iowa) and the ACC (NC State). This seems to have "Porter Moser" written all over it.

If kids sign with coaches, then Chievous will more than likely end up at Loyola of Chicago .. a far cry from his listed school sof St. Louis and TCU and an even further cry from the lieks of the Big Ten (Penn State, Iowa) and the ACC (NC State). This seems to have "Porter Moser" written all over it.

Yeah I was worried the whole Moser thing because your right it does have his name written all over it.

Yeah I was worried the whole Moser thing because your right it does have his name written all over it.

I read an article off local chicago hoops website that chievous stated early in his recruiting his plan was to get away from chicago and he confirmed that after the hire of Moser to Loyola. I would hope it holds true because highlights I have seen on this kid looks like he could be a nice addition to our team.

Hopefully RM rolls out the red carpet this weekend if he is on campus!

So is he the only recruit visiting this weekend? Excited about Chievous's possible signing. We can always use an athletic player his size.

But we also really need a PF. But only one that can come in and contribute right away. Any chance for this happening? I guess we can go 3 or 4 guards. Villanova does that and seems to do alright. But I rather see us with a full squad next year.

So no indication of his intentions? Does he have other schools to visit?

Once we get a week or so into the Spring signing period the chances of signing a good prospect will get pretty slim, if it isn't already.

Beginning to look like we could come up empty unless RM has a foreign kid waiting in the wings.

The best people to recruit Chievous were Evans and McCall. Both being from the Chicago area, they may have helped influence him if they talked about the amount of playing time they received as freshmen, and the freedom they received from the coaching staff to play their game.

The best people to recruit Chievous were Evans and McCall. Both being from the Chicago area, they may have helped influence him if they talked about the amount of playing time they received as freshmen, and the freedom they received from the coaching staff to play their game.

Chievous was with KM all weekend around campus and the whole team went to Relay for Life with Chievous and he seemed to be fitting in very well with them and looked like he was have a good time so lets hope this cares over to next year and he is here at SLU

Chievous was with KM all weekend around campus and the whole team went to Relay for Life with Chievous and he seemed to be fitting in very well with them and looked like he was have a good time so lets hope this cares over to next year and he is here at SLU

Thanks for the report. Chievous would be a good get for the program and continue the Chicago pipeline. Hope it happens. I have visions of occasionally going small for bursts (Lowe, Evans, Chievous, Mitchell, and McCall) and running teams out of the gym. That would be an athletic, skilled lineup.

Thanks for the report. Chievous would be a good get for the program and continue the Chicago pipeline. Hope it happens. I have visions of occasionally going small for bursts (Lowe, Evans, Chievous, Mitchell, and McCall) and running teams out of the gym. That would be an athletic, skilled lineup.

What about Cassity? He has NBA potential.