Dear Rick, Porter, etc

TRN

Sorry, all of this KM going to a pro league after 4 years is such speculation it belongs on a fantasy league. Not because he doesn't have skills but do you read the threads asking if he lost weight? He looks small next to Mc Call who claims to be six foot tall and what 150 lbs. He had a spectacular year for us but I am

old and remember Frank Selvy in the NBA going to service for what seemed like a very short time and he went from people speculating he would have a greater career than Bob Petit to people wondering if he would ever be good enough to start again. He got plenty of exercise in the Army-probably Korean War

but you can lose your touch.

I hope KM has a wonderful next two years at SLU but his anxiety must be how he plays and fits in now that younger guys are in the system ahead, yes ahead of him. I doubt he is worried whether he is playing in Italy or Israel or Australia-that is just too far away for a 20 year old to worry about.

Let us all hope he enjoys his time left at SLU after the interruption.

We could all speculate about whether RM lost or gained weight while taking his leave of absence.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

(Again, aren't you wondering why we are waiting for NCAA decision? doesn't that tell you KM is interested in playing? If not, why wouldn't we all have heard by now that he is redshirting. Do you think it is possible that KM wants to play and is getting finessed?)

Do you really believe the University is this sinister and calculating? Most would blame it on incompetence and never think the school is competent enough to pull off what you are suggesting.

Kwamain should do whatever is best for him and his family. I'm sure he's given it a lot of thought and weighed both sides of the decision. I don't know what's best for him because I don't know him personally. I hope he redshirts, but if he plays I certainly won't be THAT upset.

Do you really believe the University is this sinister and calculating? Most would blame it on incompetence and never think the school is competent enough to pull off what you are suggesting.

Absolutely.

SLU does nothing about "the situation" in the spring, gets all of the season ticket money... then in the fall we hear the players were in student student court... and are appealing. A prominent lawyer is allowed in the goddam student court (against student court bylaws), gets paid to get the two players expelled. His only purpose, the female left school and they are not going to press a civil suit. Just get the players expelled. Oh.

Then a few days before hoops practice begins, we hear it is a one semester penalty for both. Wow, both players were in class, but are kicked out of classes, "go home", re-apply in January. WTF?

Then it is Jan 3rd and we hear about all of these "processes"... code in the business world for "you are screwed". Then they say KM is back... can practice with the team... but we need to wait for NCAA approval to play. Terrific. Why not wait until July 4th holiday.

And WR MIGHT be back in the fall... still pending. We will let you all know when we feel like it.

WR cannot practice with the team (huge issue).

And a lot of you are pleased with this???

kwamain isn't going to save this season. the most important thing for him is to play 60-65 games over the next two seasons, leading us to the NCAA tournament twice and breaking ###### all kinds of SLU records.

I agreee that is what fans want, including me, but from his perspective, get back in the game, play now, get credit hours, play a full yr 2011-2012, get ready for the pros, graduate spring of 2012 and get outta here.

They treated him like ca-ca. Make some $$$ in 2012 rather than stick around here another yr.

Absolutely.

SLU does nothing about "the situation" in the spring, gets all of the season ticket money... then in the fall we hear the players were in student student court... and are appealing. A prominent lawyer is allowed in the goddam student court (against student court bylaws), gets paid to get the two players expelled. His only purpose, the female left school and they are not going to press a civil suit. Just get the players expelled. Oh.

Then a few days before hoops practice begins, we hear it is a one semester penalty for both. Wow, both players were in class, but are kicked out of classes, "go home", re-apply in January. WTF?

Then it is Jan 3rd and we hear about all of these "processes"... code in the business world for "you are screwed". Then they say KM is back... can practice with the team... but we need to wait for NCAA approval to play. Terrific. Why not wait until July 4th holiday.

And WR MIGHT be back in the fall... still pending. We will let you all know when we feel like it.

WR cannot practice with the team (huge issue).

And a lot of you are pleased with this???

Did you all just fall out of your mom's ass?

You do realize Willie wasn't going to be able to play last semester no matter what, right? It's not the schools choice to hold him out until he gets everything in order. It something called NCAA rules.

I agree, they handled most of this situation poorly. But, there's really nothing more they could have done for Willie. Personally, I'm excited to see him back on the court, whenever that may be.

So I guess Kwamain isn't playing tomorrow considering we haven't heard anything yet and he can't travel with the team?

I know everyone hates the facebook update but here's Kwamain's... "In New Jersey.....Lets Get This Win Boys"

wonder if that means hes playing or what?

Interesting. This is his facebook status...

Kwamain Mitchell

‎"In New Jersey.....Lets Get This Win Boys"

I think if he were playing his status would leave no question, but who knows. I've dedicated myself to being okay with this being a season already. I still kind of want him to start fresh next year, but I can't say I won't go apeshit if he does play this year.

I agreee that is what fans want, including me, but from his perspective, get back in the game, play now, get credit hours, play a full yr 2011-2012, get ready for the pros, graduate spring of 2012 and get outta here.

They treated him like ca-ca. Make some $$$ in 2012 rather than stick around here another yr.

A degree and a complete education would be more important to a player of Willie's potential than some guy who is an NBA first round lock.

Basketball knees only last so long then you are hanging out for 50 more years?

I thought Kwamain couldn't travel with the team until cleared by the NCAA. Am I wrong about this?

You are right, at least thats what Tom Timmerman reported. He could of been cleared by the NCAA and is travelling with the team but still wont play. I guess we will find out tomorrow.

You are right, at least thats what Tom Timmerman reported. He could of been cleared by the NCAA and is travelling with the team but still wont play. I guess we will find out tomorrow.

It could be possible that he hasn't declared a redshirt yet. I would assume if this were true he could still travel and then declare redshirt later.

Interesting. This is his facebook status...

Kwamain Mitchell

‎"In New Jersey.....Lets Get This Win Boys"

I am just happy he and the other Billikens made it to New Jersey with the vicious ice storms we have had out east the past few days. I mean they cancelled school here in Baltimore and we got about a half an inch of snow / ice.

Dear Rick, thanks for bringing the travel situation to the public's attention. Can you only imagine if they were flying commercial? 'Main 'Main' s status might have been "Stuck at O'Hare. We are trying to rent a van to get to our game in New Jersey tomorrow. Hopefully we will make it there on time."