GDT: Jacksonville at Saint Louis

gobillsgo

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lot of posts before the game about how this could be a turning pt of the season...you lose and we're 3-5 and even if either kwamain or willie come back there wasn't a whole lot of incentive to play them; win and ur at 4-4 which is respectable without your top two leading scorers and your third leading scorer nearly nonexistent. When you throw in an 18 pt comeback after the opposing team jeers at your best player getting hurt and this is a huge win for our guys. These are the types of games that give a team confidence and helps them come together. We've got to harness the momentum from this win and more importantly scoring nearly 50 points in a half. This team isn't going anywhere if we don't get some guys coming back but big win for the program and the frosh to learn how to win. You have to give it up to Kyle Cassity. The guy took more abuse than any player last year and he has stepped up. Now he's doing the little things and scoring. He knows how to win and he took an absolute beating tonight and still sparked the comeback and hit clutch free throws.

Lot of posts before the game about how this could be a turning pt of the season...you lose and we're 3-5 and even if either kwamain or willie come back there wasn't a whole lot of incentive to play them; win and ur at 4-4 which is respectable without your top two leading scorers and your third leading scorer nearly nonexistent. When you throw in an 18 pt comeback after the opposing team jeers at your best player getting hurt and this is a huge win for our guys. These are the types of games that give a team confidence and helps them come together. We've got to harness the momentum from this win and more importantly scoring nearly 50 points in a half. This team isn't going anywhere if we don't get some guys coming back but big win for the program and the frosh to learn how to win. You have to give it up to Kyle Cassity. The guy took more abuse than any player last year and he has stepped up. Now he's doing the little things and scoring. He knows how to win and he took an absolute beating tonight and still sparked the comeback and hit clutch free throws.

+1

They

HATE. i can't tell you how exciting it is to see our guys scrapping, grabbing big rebounds, hitting free throws and picking each other up on defense. we could have easily mailed that one in, but Kyle Cassity and the Prom Dance Kids weren't having it.

JJ 16 pts

Cassity 14pts 2RB 2 AST 18-20 black eyes and missing teeth

DE 12 pts 11 RB

MM 9 pts 2 RB 8 AST

CE 6pts 2 RB

RL 5 and 7

CR 4pts 1 rb 1 ast

PE 3pts

BC & CS the normal 0 points and a couple of missed oppurtunities

Like a said when I first saw Jett and McCall, I think they have a chance to be one of the best backcourt duos in Bills history. They just need to clean up the turnovers, but that will come in time. Looking at those numbers I would have expected McCall to be more likely to have 16 points and Jett to have the 8 assists. I guess they are both versatile, which is another reason to like them. The only good thing about Mitchell being gone is that these kids are quickly gaining a ton of valuable experience.

JJ 16 pts

Cassity 14pts 2RB 2 AST 18-20 black eyes and missing teeth

DE 12 pts 11 RB

MM 9 pts 2 RB 8 AST

CE 6pts 2 RB

RL 5 and 7

CR 4pts 1 rb 1 ast

PE 3pts

BC & CS the normal 0 points and a couple of missed oppurtunities

KC Great Leadership in the Second Half

DE Moments Of Brilliance

MM Solid Game Defensively Soft

JJ ToMant Silly T/O

CE Still Struggling with Offense & Defense

RL Needs To Toughen Up Under the Basket Both Ends

CR Dont Know Why Court Time Was Limited Tonight

PE Gives Everything

BC Leader on The Bench

CS Missing in Action Headed Through The RM Revolving Door Season End

He chased one of the coaches as they walked back to the locker room.(up the stairs) frankly, I don't understand the big deal, especially after your thug team laughed at our player on the ground and made sexual gestures toward the students....

He chased one of the coaches as they walked back to the locker room.(up the stairs) frankly, I don't understand the big deal, especially after your thug team laughed at our player on the ground and made sexual gestures toward the students....

I missed this. What happened?

I was referring to actually doing things right down the stretch. I.e. hitting free throws, avoiding turnovers (for the most part. The one that turned into the dunk was a bit frightening).

Yeah...I was having a little fun with a victory. You're right though, they closed it out.

This exchange just happened:

Me: I'm trying to find a Jacksonville Basketball message board

SLUBilliken09: Do they have message boards in prison?

+1,000,000

BANG HE GOT IT lmao

Billikens ftw. In my mind, I might like this victory even more than the one against UD a year back... is that a sacrilege of me?

Basically I was pissed off at Graham and I let my emotions, as often happens, get the best of me. I yelled at one of their coaches that their team were thugs and had no class and he called me a pu$$y b!tch so I had to represent, he kept walking through the tunnel and I ran up the bleachers following him yelling at him. Poor judgment on my part but Jacksonville were a bunch of ###### thugs!

BANG HE GOT IT lmao

Billikens ftw. In my mind, I might like this victory even more than the one against UD a year back... is that a sacrilege of me?

Yes. The implications in that game were much more important.

You probably just hated their team so much this win feels great.

Yes. The implications in that game were much more important.

You probably just hated their team so much this win feels great.

I was pretty fired up. Certainly I can understand how the UD game was a much bigger win.

It was just phenomenal the fight these guys showed tonight, though. Tonight we did, indeed, let our billiken roar.

Basically I was pissed off at Graham and I let my emotions, as often happens, get the best of me. I yelled at one of their coaches that their team were thugs and had no class and he called me a pu$$y b!tch so I had to represent, he kept walking through the tunnel and I ran up the bleachers following him yelling at him. Poor judgment on my part but Jacksonville were a bunch of ###### thugs!

Nice. Way to go. Jackassville had to have the worst sportsmanship in the history of organized sports. Gloating like crazy and jumping around after every time they made a basket, cheering and laughing when Cassity was lying on the court after one of those thugs elbowed him, complaining constantly to the refs every time they didn't get a call. Their Mugsy Bogues wannabe coach should be ashamed of those clowns.