GDT: SLU v. IUPUI (the palindrome school)

We wondered about that. Couldn't see clearly from our end. Perhaps Box and 05 could amplify -- you guys should have had a really good view.

It happened really quick. Couldn't tell exactly from the "lack of students" section. I was just glad it wasn't called out of bounds, because that's what I thought it was initially. If he did foul him it was half a second before the ball was going out.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Our fanbase blows. I'm sorry I don't care how much you give to the school the atmosphere is F***ING TERRIBLE! I get it that the student section was terrible today but thats no excuse for the season ticket holders to sit on their hands and not give a ######.

And in other news: The sky is blue, the A10 is better than the valley, Roy doesn't like Majerus, Guy Phillips is terrible, Biondi is a cheapskate, our students are lazy, The median season ticket holder is collecting social security, and Billikenfan05 just can learn to let it go and realize that some things are just never going to change no matter how much you talk about them.

And in other news: The sky is blue, the A10 is better than the valley, Roy doesn't like Majerus, Guy Phillips is terrible, Biondi is a cheapskate, our students are lazy, The median season ticket holder is collecting social security, and Billikenfan05 just can learn to let it go and realize that some things are just never going to change no matter how much you talk about them.

Things can change people just refuse not to and just don't care. It's really sad. I'm just mad because this young impressionable team could really benefit from the some audible support in tough situations.

That was terrible. Should beaten these guys by 15. We were just lucky with the calls.

Lucky with the calls?! What game were you watching? They were brutal.

Lucky with the calls?! What game were you watching? They were brutal.

For a while there was no game. It was just a free-throw shooting contest. I could have dealt without the refs calling fouls on both ends on every possession.

Our fanbase blows. I'm sorry I don't care how much you give to the school the atmosphere is F***ING TERRIBLE! I get it that the student section was terrible today but thats just how its going to be until we are a top team and its no excuse for the season ticket holders to sit on their hands and not give a ######.

When we win people will get excited. That's just how it is. You can't hold the season ticket holders to a higher standard than the student. I was cheering people around me were cheering. It won't be everyone until we are a winning program. We could also use it if people would just stop yelling dumb stuff. I am not one of Majerus' biggest fans but even I know to trust his judgement on when to use timeouts. I know not to yell at Cassity to shoot because what good would that do. Yet no one seems to yell encouraging things. That part frustrates me as well.

When we win people will get excited. That's just how it is. You can't hold the season ticket holders to a higher standard than the student. I was cheering people around me were cheering. It won't be everyone until we are a winning program. We could also use it if people would just stop yelling dumb stuff. I am not one of Majerus' biggest fans but even I know to trust his judgement on when to use timeouts. I know not to yell at Cassity to shoot because what good would that do. Yet no one seems to yell encouraging things. That part frustrates me as well.

Yes I can, because they are always in town and able to go to the game and are supposed to be the real "passionate" ones.The same people that are complaining about the number of students are the same ones who sit on their hands.

Yes I can, because they are always in town and able to go to the game and are supposed to be the real "passionate" ones.The same people that are complaining about the number of students are the same ones who sit on their hands.

The season ticket holders are the ones who even though we have defined mediocrity for a decade continue to shell out the money for their seats and go to the games. The students are in school for 4 years, with affordable tickets and a owe it to their school to support it. Yes, the fans should stand up, but at least they're loyal. The students might cheer when they are there, but they are also fickle.

The season ticket holders are the ones who even though we have defined mediocrity for a decade continue to shell out the money for their seats and go to the games. The students are in school for 4 years, with affordable tickets and a owe it to their school to support it. Yes, the fans should stand up, but at least they're loyal. The students might cheer when they are there, but they are also fickle.

And I'm not complaining as a Student, I'm complaining as a longtime fan and future season ticket holder.

Billikens didn't allow a 3 pointer.

Great to see Macauley at the game and hear him speak. His bobblehead is of questionable quality though. Mine has glue all over it.

Eventually the rest of the team needs to play with the same intensity Paul does. 12 first half points but he was on the floor fighting for balls at least half a dozen times today.

Dwayne Evans continues to impress me. He plays the most like Paul. He needs to start getting the majority of the playing time at the 3 and 4.

Cassity I thought we were past this. Take the ball to the hole. Quit turning down shots. Same with Salecich your defense won't keep in the lineup forever, start taking shots or sit on the bench.

IUPUI's zone killed us. Either Majerus didn't have an answer for it or we didn't execute his plans. There are more ways to beat a zone than just improving your shooting.

Why are Ellis and Loe now clogging up the middle like they are post up guys? Get out to the 3 point line so the guards can drive. Majerus has said they aren't post players but the last two games they've been stuck down there. Frankly their rebounding will be the same whether they are 18 or 8 feet from the basket.

Disappointing game should have won by 20 at least.

Why wasn't Eckerle in thre more in the second half, especially when they were fouling?

I have not been an Eckerle fan but he has played well the last two games. I believe we needed him in there for his leadership and his ability to hit the three and free throws. Why not have him in there at crunch time?

I have not been an Eckerle fan but he has played well the last two games. I believe we needed him in there for his leadership and his ability to hit the three and free throws. Why not have him in there at crunch time?

Thanks for your thoughts on this. I would like to have more insight on this. I just do not understand why one of the best three point shooters on the team, the smartest, most disciplined guy on the team, and the most energetic guy on the team is not in there at, as you say, "crunch time". I realize he may not have the athleticism of some, but he is so focused and such a great leader on the court (we clearly lack strong leaders on this team other than Paul) that I cannot comprehend why he does not play more. Count me as a charter member of the Paul Eckerle Fan Club.

And, does ANY player go after loose balls like Eckerle? ANSWER: No!

It is not certain how much pressure is knee will take. I know coach M has mentioned this a couple times. I was cheering lous for him today. I wish we would have seen more of him against Austin P and definitley Georgia. I think we would be seeing the Bills with a better Win/Loss record if he had a bigger role.

Thanks for your thoughts on this. I would like to have more insight on this. I just do not understand why one of the best three point shooters on the team, the smartest, most disciplined guy on the team, and the most energetic guy on the team is not in there at, as you say, "crunch time". I realize he may not have the athleticism of some, but he is so focused and such a great leader on the court (we clearly lack strong leaders on this team other than Paul) that I cannot comprehend why he does not play more. Count me as a charter member of the Paul Eckerle Fan Club.

And, does ANY player go after loose balls like Eckerle? ANSWER: No!

He might be the smartest player on our team, but he definitely does not have the best basketball IQ on the squad. He is also not the most disciplined. Both of those are KC. He played 23 minutes which is decent and he didn't do anything offensively in the second half, so those could be possible explanations.

I'm happy to get any contribution from Paul, the fact that he has been hot from three this year is just an added bonus.

He might be the smartest player on our team, but he definitely does not have the best basketball IQ on the squad. He is also not the most disciplined. Both of those are KC. He played 23 minutes which is decent and he didn't do anything offensively in the second half, so those could be possible explanations.

I'm happy to get any contribution from Paul, the fact that he has been hot from three this year is just an added bonus.

Agreed.... Happy with his play/shot/hustle so far, but he is more a 5 minute a game guy, than a 25 minute a game guy. Once the team starts to come together a little bit he will see less clock. When/If Kwamain comes back he gets next to no time on the court.

We are definitely in trouble when CE, KC, CS are reluctant shooters; when PE has to take over the game 9/10thsof time we are going to lose those games if the freshmen can't pass or assert themselves.

BC, DE, CR PE all had very good minutes we were well defended against and IUPUI made terriffic adjustment second half to shut us down; we did not play well together second half no matter who was on the floor. It seemed we had no scores off turnovers second half.