Nova Southeastern - game thoughts

bk18

Ok Good game for most of the guys but whats the deal with Rob Loe, he needs a lot of work and he is just to stiff, then I guess he is supposed to be out 3-point threat and the tallest on the team....c'mon now, If I was Majerus I would put him in the post and make his a** learn an inside game and Id even rough him up in practice just to toughin him up a lil, He looks like a pansy out there. Grant it he is a freshman but really I dont see an upside to him. Guess he is just gonna be a 6'11 three point shooter....hmmmmm....good recruit!

If you don't see an upside to a 6'11 freshman who has good hands, can pass well and shoot three's, you don't know much about basketball.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw RL make quite a few nice outlet passes last night and a few from the high post, which is where RM will probably play him. RL causes matchup problems. If they're sticking a 6-5"-6'7" guy on him he can shoot over them. And if he gets hot you have no choice but to lay a big body on him which opens up the inside for guys like BC, DE, CR, and even CE. Not many teams in the A-10 have +6'10 guys, so RL if his shot is as good as projected could have some very nice scoring games for us. It all depends on his shot. Still, he's got to play down low in D, and that's where we'll find out if he's got the heart to play D1 ball.

I think the difference between being competitive this year and being pretty good is going to come down to CR and KC. Both of them need to play like they did at the end of last year. I would agree with person who said CR looks like he has regressed. It's only been two exhibition games, but CR needs to really step up for this team. I wonder if he is feeling a lot of pressure since WR is gone. KC has to get involved and do all the little things like he was doing at the end of last year. All of our freshmen will be fine. They will learn and continue to get better.

Torchhater, if Loe was able to defend and rebound well he probably wouldn't be at SLU. You can't teach a 7 footer his range and passing ability. He will get a lot stronger and smarter on the defensive end over his 4 years. He is going to very good.

What are you talking about with that first comment? Loe had offers from Georgia Tech and Pitt among others. Most freshmen aren't finished products, especially big men. People who can't recognize the obvious skill this kid possesses don't know much about basketball.

Last night Loe was the only big who could pass out of the post. Conklin and Remuken had no clue on this and it caused broken plays and turnovers early on.

I liked the Loe kickouts. Even if he doesn't yet possess back to the basket skills, teams will respect his size when he catches the ball on the block opening up someone on the perimeter. Did Loe put the ball on the floor in the post yesterday? I don't think so. Perhaps the coaches had a discussion with him about that.

What are you talking about with that first comment? Loe had offers from Georgia Tech and Pitt among others. Most freshmen aren't finished products, especially big men. People who can't recognize the obvious skill this kid possesses don't know much about basketball.

I'll take it a step further, if Loe had the strong man's body, leaping ability and post game that Torchhater is so hung up on he wouldn't be at SLU or any other college; he'd be in the NBA.

Loe's upside is off the charts. Will there be some growing pains, sure. People should be patient and realize he wasn't brought in here to be a back to the basket center that gets a ton of rebounds and blocked shots (that player is currently in Kansas right now) and it going to take time for him to grow into the role that has been forced upon him.

Ok Good game for most of the guys but whats the deal with Rob Loe, he needs a lot of work and he is just to stiff, then I guess he is supposed to be out 3-point threat and the tallest on the team....c'mon now, If I was Majerus I would put him in the post and make his a** learn an inside game and Id even rough him up in practice just to toughin him up a lil, He looks like a pansy out there. Grant it he is a freshman but really I dont see an upside to him. Guess he is just gonna be a 6'11 three point shooter....hmmmmm....good recruit!

This is ridiculous! First of all Rob was recruited when we thought we had two viable inside players in WR and CR. To complain about him being recruited is just dumb. He was recruited to stretch the defense for WR specifically. Now he's one of our two big men and being forced to play a new style. Give him time to adjust. Second of all I don't know why you are complaining about a walk on in Grant who hasn't seen the floor.

I like Evans game but those hoping for 30 minutes a game for him right now are way off. He can fill in at the 4 but will be exposed with a lot of playing time. He's a ballhawk though. He doesn't have the ball skills Liddell had. Evans looks a lot like Julian Winfield when he was at Mizzou. A valuable little tweener who came off the bench and wreaked havoc in matchups and opposing teams 2nd team.

Ellis has to get it together on the defensive end or he won't start or play much and we need his offense.

Conklin reverted to form missing on a bunch of 5 footers. He's not big enough to finish inside consistently.

Remuken has really disappointed me in the first 2 games. He is 4th on my big man depth chart right now. Post defense has regressed.

Cassity didn't show up. Had a couple good passes and buckets.

McCall and Jett both played well offensively. McCall taking some jumpers and dishing off the dribble while Jett hit some mid rangers and took it to the basket. McCall had a nice steal and finished a layup despite a bad pass from Salecich, he caught the ball with the back of his hand, heckuva play.

Loe was OK. A work in progress.

A lot of potential and some of the freshman are ahead of where I thought they'd be especially Evans. Still the veterans Ellis, Cassity, Salecich, have got to play much better for us. If those 3 aren't scoring 30 between each other we are going to be in trouble.

Conklin got dominated. He made #5 on the opposing team look like Anthony Mason.

Rob Loe = Brett Thompson

I think you guys are being way too hard on this post...They are both 6'11'' white guys who played their freshmen years at SLU...In my book that makes them virtually identical...

Conklin got dominated. He made #5 on the opposing team look like Anthony Mason.

Conklin cannot handle mobile big men. Decent post defender but strictly in the post. If his man can put the ball on the floor or run around the perimeter Conklin can't handle it.