Blue Crew promo video

bk18

Hey I was thinking of doing a promo video for Billiken Basketball.

If anyone has any ideas, or videos from other programs they wanted to share please post them here.

Also if anyone has any pictures or video footage from games, especially of the student section, please PERSONAL MESSAGE me. Even if its from 40 years ago.

-BK18

Hey I was thinking of doing a promo video for Blue Crew. It will probably 60-90 seconds long. I wanted to use it to promote students to buy season tickets or at least come to more games. It will be mostly focused on the student section (Blue Crew).

If anyone has any ideas, or videos from other programs they wanted to share please post them here.

Also if anyone has any pictures or video footage from games, especially of the student section, please PERSONAL MESSAGE me. Even if its from 40 years ago.

-BK18

I have quite a few clips of Davola at the games that I could submit to you.

I have quite a few clips of Davola at the games that I could submit to you.

That clip of Davola pointing at the ref like he was going to kill at the Dayton game was priceless. The youtube link is on this board somewhere.

Hey I was thinking of doing a promo video for Blue Crew. It will probably 60-90 seconds long. I wanted to use it to promote students to buy season tickets or at least come to more games. It will be mostly focused on the student section (Blue Crew).

-BK18

Whatever you do, don't make it look like this:

Whatever you do, don't make it look like this:

WARNING: Mike Golic sighting at 2:15. Store your donuts in a secure location. :P

Some of those cheerleaders were pretty good looking, but they still got nothing on the SaintSations. ;)

WARNING: Mike Golic sighting at 2:15. Store your donuts in a secure location. :P

Some of those cheerleaders were pretty good looking, but they still got nothing on the SaintSations. ;)

Slip CS, in uniform, in to do that funky dance w/ a few Saintsations he did with those two other guys. Also, don't leave out those crazy fun pants that Davola and crew wore and the shot of Cheyfetz helping one of the players back onto the floor. And of course, the Band.

just curious what "curly fries and asparagus" have to do with billiken basketball?

video A+ "music" sucked. but i guess if you are trying to recruit blue crew members, that is what they like to hear.

again though, video real nice.

Mix in some 'Win in the End' from the blockbuster hit, 'Teen Wolf' and you have yourself a solid promo video.

All joking aside, really nice job with the video. Audio needs to change though. You can use music to attract the younger crowd, may just want to lose some of the lyrics that are in there.

video is great. i dont think we need the put on for my sity at the beginning that doesnt have ne thing to do with slu or basketball and looks kind of dumb when trying to promote this group to college educated kids. with that said good work so far.

the song is "put on" (for my city). I thought it was funny to say on for my 'sity as in University as in Saint Louis University. :. it has something to do with SLU.

Hey I was thinking of doing a promo video for Billiken Basketball.

-BK18

What do you intend on doing with this promo video?

The song lyrics you have chosen are inappropriate.

I like the ND video..it's very creative but a little long!

What do you intend on doing with this promo video?

The song lyrics you have chosen are inappropriate.

I like the ND video..it's very creative but a little long!

Just mute it if it's inappropriate. If I were being paid for this I'd actually care about what every single person thinks about the lyrics.

I have the final video done. It's pretty nice, but youtube isn't cooperating. It keeps saying "The upload failed due to an unknown error"

I didn't change the file format at all from the previous video and the file size is 1.7 GB which is less than the limit of 2. So I don't know what the problem is.

Just mute it if it's inappropriate. If I were being paid for this I'd actually care about what every single person thinks about the lyrics.

I have the final video done. It's pretty nice, but youtube isn't cooperating. It keeps saying "The upload failed due to an unknown error"

I didn't change the file format at all from the previous video and the file size is 1.7 GB which is less than the limit of 2. So I don't know what the problem is.

If you are making a "Promo" video, you obviously want it to be seen or played. If I were making a promo video, I would want it good enough that it could be seen/played at the games, or maybe around campus....but.right now, it's not good enough, mostly because of the lyrics. Right now it's just Youtube material. But if that's your goal, then you have succeeded and job well done!

If you are making a "Promo" video, you obviously want it to be seen or played. If I were making a promo video, I would want it good enough that it could be seen/played at the games, or maybe around campus....but.right now, it's not good enough, mostly because of the lyrics. Right now it's just Youtube material. But if that's your goal, then you have succeeded and job well done!

If there's one thing I learned in college, it's that if there are inappropriate lyrics set to music, college kids will shield their ears and immediately run away from wherever said music is playing.

Anyway a professional company would do something like that for us? Maybe with the "Training Montage" from "Rocky IV" as background music? The effort is good, but it kind of looks like something our marketing people would sign off on. Hiring an outside agency to do a video would be your best bet.

the music/lyrics are extremely distracting. the main goal in a project like a promo video should be to get the viewer/listener to watch the billikens and blue crew. instead, the first time i watched i heard enough "hot" words and lines that i was thinking "what did that say?" instead of paying attention to the real message of fun billiken basketball and the blue crew. in a project like this, the music should be ancillary.

Anyway a professional company would do something like that for us? Maybe with the "Training Montage" from "Rocky IV" as background music? The effort is good, but it kind of looks like something our marketing people would sign off on. Hiring an outside agency to do a video would be your best bet.

Hearts on fire!

Strong desire!

the music/lyrics are extremely distracting. the main goal in a project like a promo video should be to get the viewer/listener to watch the billikens and blue crew. instead, the first time i watched i heard enough "hot" words and lines that i was thinking "what did that say?" instead of paying attention to the real message of fun billiken basketball and the blue crew. in a project like this, the music should be ancillary.

But if they are distracting to you, rather than students, who cares? If he is trying to spread this around campus to students most won't pay any attention to the lyrics at all.

dude, it's gotta be that fort minor song. you know the one.

it's 60% vokka, 20% pills, 15% 'tussin, and 5% concentrated power of will

i've never seen that song used in a basketball highlight video and i think it would go really well.

But if they are distracting to you, rather than students, who cares? If he is trying to spread this around campus to students most won't pay any attention to the lyrics at all.

maybe so, but if that is the case, why use that soundtrack? if it is all just background noise to his audience, why not use something less that doesnt offend or distract if he believed it wouldnt be noticed by the majority anyway?

personally i think the shock and awe of the song was what turned the producer of the video on or he wouldnt have used it in the first place as his background. unfortunately it becomes the foreground because of it's nature.