Playing Time

ACE

There was debate about how much playing time KC would get. I would be curious what people thought about how the players would rank in minutes.

I think CE, WR and KC will all be real close in mpg.

1) KM

2) CE

3) WR

4) KC

5) RL

6) CS

7) MM

8) CR

9) BC

10) JJ

11) DE

12) PE

There was debate about how much playing time KC would get. I would be curious what people thought about how the players would rank in minutes.

1) KM

2) CE

3) WR

4) KC

5) RL

6) CS

7) MM

8) CR

9) BC

10) JJ

11) DE

12) PE

WR and CE will not be ahead of KC in minutes unless they are in significantly better shape. CE gets a pass due to extraneous circumstances and made the best of a rotten situation. I expect him to be in condition to play the minutes that he is needed for, especially considering the recent reports that he may have already dropped some pounds. Willie's issues are twofold. He needs strength and pounds to contend with the big boys and he needs the endurance to run up and down the court more than twice. Adding pure strength and endurance at the same time can be a tricky deal, but that's why we have trainers. His improvement will be up to him. I would hope to see Cody approach KC at #2 for minutes.

1) KM

2) CE

3) WR

4) KC

5) RL

6) CS

7) MM

8) CR

9) BC

10) JJ

11) DE

12) PE

I agree with #1 & #12, but waaaay to early to tell much else at this point. I would also expect that what we see in November & December will be different than February. Are you talking about mpg spread out for the enitre season...or what you would expect for the home stretch (last 10 games or so)?

I agree with #1 & #12, but waaaay to early to tell much else at this point. I would also expect that what we see in November & December will be different than February. Are you talking about mpg spread out for the enitre season...or what you would expect for the home stretch (last 10 games or so)?

I would be shocked if CR is higher up that list this season

WR and CE will not be ahead of KC in minutes unless they are in significantly better shape. CE gets a pass due to extraneous circumstances and made the best of a rotten situation. I expect him to be in condition to play the minutes that he is needed for, especially considering the recent reports that he may have already dropped some pounds. Willie's issues are twofold. He needs strength and pounds to contend with the big boys and he needs the endurance to run up and down the court more than twice. Adding pure strength and endurance at the same time can be a tricky deal, but that's why we have trainers. His improvement will be up to him. I would hope to see Cody approach KC at #2 for minutes.

I'll be surprised if Willie averages more than the 27-28 mpg he averaged last year.

1. Bigs tend to get into foul trouble easier.

2. Development of Cory will make it easier to rest Willie and keep him fresh

3. Addition of Loe will allow the Bills to have a big on the floor during the end of close games without risking Willie getting sent to the line.

I'll be shocked if KM doesn't average above 30 with Cody right behind him just under 30 followed by Willie and Kyle

Good point about Kyle. I would not be shocked if he were 2 on the list. The only reason I moved him to 4 is I think he will have more competition for playing time. I could see it going KM, CE, KC and WR in that order or switch KC and CE. I do feel pretty confident CE will get more minutes than WR.

I'll be surprised if Willie averages more than the 27-28 mpg he averaged last year.

1. Bigs tend to get into foul trouble easier.

2. Development of Cory will make it easier to rest Willie and keep him fresh

3. Addition of Loe will allow the Bills to have a big on the floor during the end of close games without risking Willie getting sent to the line.

I'll be shocked if KM doesn't average above 30 with Cody right behind him just under 30 followed by Willie and Kyle

I agree. Plus I would like to see Willie run up and down the court more then 3 times without asking to be taken out. I love Willies game but if his endurance doesnt improve dramatically we will have some depth to replace his minutes.

I don't know how anybody can guess which freshmen steps up and plays more minutes than any of our top 7 returning players. But if I had to guess which ones step up and gets some meaningful minutes I would have to say RL then JJ. Why JJ instead of MM? I think because he is a year more mature having been in prep school and the fact that he is taller and more physical than MM. Majerus loves players who can play D. So my top 10 would be:

1) KM

2) KC

3) CE

4) WR

5) RL

6) BC

7) CS

8) JJ

9) CR

10) MM

I see no reason to play PE except for mop-up duty. I hope DE pushes himself up the list. I think that largely depends on how CE does converting to a 3. If he is not quick enough, then we will have to play more three guard line-ups or give DE more minutes.

I see JJ as most likely to move up and CS most likely to move down. Both appear to be good defenders but who is the better shooter and ball-handler? I also think that CR can move up and steal some of BC's minutes if CR improves as much as I think he might over this Summer.

You have to think RL is a major contributor from the start. But if he is typical of young bigs he could drop in minutes with CR again being the major beneficiary.

I don't know how anybody can guess which freshmen steps up and plays more minutes than any of our top 7 returning players. But if I had to guess which ones step up and gets some meaningful minutes I would have to say RL then JJ. Why JJ instead of MM? I think because he is a year more mature having been in prep school and the fact that he is taller and more physical than MM. Majerus loves players who can play D. So my top 10 would be:

1) KM

2) KC

3) CE

4) WR

5) RL

6) BC

7) CS

8) JJ

9) CR

10) MM

I see no reason to play PE except for mop-up duty. I hope DE pushes himself up the list. I think that largely depends on how CE does converting to a 3. If he is not quick enough, then we will have to play more three guard line-ups or give DE more minutes.

I see JJ as most likely to move up and CS most likely to move down. Both appear to be good defenders but who is the better shooter and ball-handler? I also think that CR can move up and steal some of BC's minutes if CR improves as much as I think he might over this Summer.

You have to think RL is a major contributor from the start. But if he is typical of young bigs he could drop in minutes with CR again being the major beneficiary.

This entire thread is so insane to me. It's hard to believe we are talking about the Billikens with all this depth. When I look at the list from top to bottom like this it really hits home how much depth we have. How many Billiken teams of past did we shudder when the end of the bench had to do in. Now, it's exciting to see some of our bench players come in and see what they can do.

1) KM

2) KC

3) CE

4) WR

5) RL

6) BC

7) CS

8) JJ

9) CR

10) MM

From what I've seen, I'm not really impressed with JJ's defense but I guess we'll see next season.

From what I've seen, I'm not really impressed with JJ's defense but I guess we'll see next season.

Just curious, but what have you seen?

Also, we really lacked quality 3 point shooting last year which is an area McCall excels in.

Also, we really lacked quality 3 point shooting last year which is an area McCall excels in.

I saw a video where he got beaten BADLY by his guy at LEAST half a dozen times in the same game. However, the guy he was guarding was a mid to high major prospect. So hard to say, really, how good he is on defense. Wish I had more specifics, but I don't feel like researching it right now. I'm sure that Majerus can turn him into a mini-predator with no problem, though.

Anyone not seeing the fact that this is as much KC's team as it is KM's is missing the point badly. KC adds things very intangible, things not tallied in the boxscore. Things that every team needs to succeed. I would classify KM as the igniter, the engine. KC is the rudder, the glue, the coach-on-the-floor. As ann upperclassman, I don't see hisminutes diminishing much from last year. It might get to the point near the end of this year or the beginning of next when JJ, MM and DE become mature enough an dtrusted enough in Rick's eyes that we see a shift. But this would also make KC and KM seniors, where the chnaging of the guard becomes inevitable.

Talent is great but experience and comfort level go a long way. I think that is KC and I'm glad to have him.

Not diminishing the talents of MM at all but feel the need to point out that MM, at 6' tall, will have a much tougher time shooting the 3 in college than he did in high school. Presume the new college 3 pt line is a little further out than in IL high school. College players, in contrast to high school, are bigger, taller, faster and are guarded the entire time. High school has its moments but not consisently like in college. Not many really good 3 pt shooters in the college game who are 6' tall.

Anyone not seeing the fact that this is as much KC's team as it is KM's is missing the point badly. KC adds things very intangible, things not tallied in the boxscore. Things that every team needs to succeed. I would classify KM as the igniter, the engine. KC is the rudder, the glue, the coach-on-the-floor. As ann upperclassman, I don't see hisminutes diminishing much from last year. It might get to the point near the end of this year or the beginning of next when JJ, MM and DE become mature enough an dtrusted enough in Rick's eyes that we see a shift. But this would also make KC and KM seniors, where the chnaging of the guard becomes inevitable.

Talent is great but experience and comfort level go a long way. I think that is KC and I'm glad to have him.

great points. i still want KM taking the last shot every time. ;)

I saw a video where he got beaten BADLY by his guy at LEAST half a dozen times in the same game. However, the guy he was guarding was a mid to high major prospect. So hard to say, really, how good he is on defense. Wish I had more specifics, but I don't feel like researching it right now. I'm sure that Majerus can turn him into a mini-predator with no problem, though.

Yeah I saw that same video. The guy he was guarding is named Lebron James, he is headed to Kentucky in the fall.

I've just seen video of him, never seen him in person.

I know a guy who's sister's, beautician's, boyfriends, cousin saw him play in person once. He said he looked like a basketball player. However, he was from Tibet and it was the first basketball game he'd ever seen, so ....

This entire thread is so insane to me. It's hard to believe we are talking about the Billikens with all this depth. When I look at the list from top to bottom like this it really hits home how much depth we have. How many Billiken teams of past did we shudder when the end of the bench had to do in. Now, it's exciting to see some of our bench players come in and see what they can do.

I agree, it wasn't so long ago that we'd have been needing JJ and MM to contribute immediately and would have been gushing over their espn rankings.

1) KM

2) KC

3) CE

4) WR

5) RL

6) BC

7) CS

8) JJ

9) CR

10) MM

I would think that MM will be a lot higher than 10 if he shoots the ball as well as every one predicts

CE will not be athletic enough to defend the 3 spot against the quicker opposition especially if teams play a 3 guard offense and if his shot does not come back could see himself get less minutes depending on how RL plays Freshman Year

KM & KC to play at least 28 min each per game they are the backbone of this team cannot have either one of them on the bench for to long especially against quality opposition

WR to have around the same mins as this year

CR to get alot more minutes this year and push WR for extra court time

CS will have his minutes cut dramatically from last season 10-15min with the new recruits stepping in JJ,MM & DE which i believe will see CS missing in the 2012 season.

Will be interesting to see how it will work out and which players have put in the greatest effort in the off season for playing time

I would think that MM will be a lot higher than 10 if he shoots the ball as well as every one predicts

CE will not be athletic enough to defend the 3 spot against the quicker opposition especially if teams play a 3 guard offense and if his shot does not come back could see himself get less minutes depending on how RL plays Freshman Year

KM & KC to play at least 28 min each per game they are the backbone of this team cannot have either one of them on the bench for to long especially against quality opposition

WR to have around the same mins as this year

CR to get alot more minutes this year and push WR for extra court time

CS will have his minutes cut dramatically from last season 10-15min with the new recruits stepping in JJ,MM & DE which i believe will see CS missing in the 2012 season.

Will be interesting to see how it will work out and which players have put in the greatest effort in the off season for playing time

CE's shot didn't go anywhere. His legs did