Let's all take a deep breath!!!!!!!

The NCAA's going 96 but from what I hear it may not happen for a couple of years. I'd agree, dlarry, I'd like to see them make it into the 64 next year.

Well, the committee meets at the end of april to make the decision to opt out of their deal with CBS or continue until 2014. It is either changing next year or, hopefully, in 2014. From what I hear all the experts saying, it is going to happen, most likely this year and most likely will be expanded to 96. We'll find out in less than a month.

Thank goodness you are not in charge.

I do appreciate his hard work and dedication. Hated to see him not get mins vs Princeton after Coach was quoted that he would. I've got to assume his work ethic in practice keeps the schollie guys from taking plays off.

How about read the entire sentence before criticizing moron. As for what you completely ignored, it said that he wouldn't get one because we are bringing in better talent.

Selective Reading....ain't it great?

Willie, Cory, Cody, Jon all need to hit the weights hard this off season. Willie and Cory with added strength inside would be great to see next season.

Absolutely, our bigs need to get a LOT heavier and stronger, we struggled with teams with muscle up front.

Look at the NCAA Tourney teams, Sweet 16 / Elite 8, as it progressed, most all had incredible muscle up front; some look more like football DE's.

Good example of "what it takes", after a long drought, Duke's Coach K adjusted, last 7-8 yrs they played the old style finesse game rather successfully all year but then in the NCAA tourney the refs let the grabbing, pushing, holding go even more (let them play) and they would be oustted.

Remember LSU "upsetting" them a few yrs ago, their front line? "Big Baby" was one of the "little guys".

Now Duke still has 3 great scorers at 1, 2, & 3 but rotate 4 bigs, muscle guys, so they did not get pushed around by thug teams like Baylor or WV.

IMO I wish the game would go back to more of the finess type of game it used to be... even 15 yrs ago, much less 20-25; but this is where were we are at....

Absolutely, our bigs need to get a LOT heavier and stronger, we struggled with teams with muscle up front.

Look at the NCAA Tourney teams, Seet 16 / Elite 8, as it progressed, most all had incredible muscle up front; some look more like football DE's.

I went to the Sweet Sixteen and Elite Eight games in St. Louis this year and was amazed how much bigger overall these teams looked in person than SLU. Tennessee, Mich State, Ohio State all had huge teams. SLU would just get dominated inside by these teams. (Ohio St. 6'8" 255, 6'9" 240, 7'0" 265)(Michigan St. 7'0" 250, 6'9" 260, 6'8" 280, 6'8" 230)(Tennessee 6'9" 246, 6'10" 278, 6'5" 232) We need added size/strength to our bigs to be able to compete with teams like these.

I went to the Sweet Sixteen and Elite Eight games in St. Louis this year and was amazed how much bigger overall these teams looked in person than SLU. Tennessee, Mich State, Ohio State all had huge teams. SLU would just get dominated inside by these teams. (Ohio St. 6'8" 255, 6'9" 240, 7'0" 265)(Michigan St. 7'0" 250, 6'9" 260, 6'8" 280, 6'8" 230)(Tennessee 6'9" 246, 6'10" 278, 6'5" 232) We need added size/strength to our bigs to be able to compete with teams like these.

I disagree completely. Ohio St. basically starts 4 guards. Michigan St's go-to lineup is smaller than its starting lineup. Tenesee is long, but aside from Williams they are not bangers. If anything would get us it would be these teams' athleticism.

NFL combine does bench presses, I think 245 lbs, test how many draft prospects can do. I think they all mostly do 20 or more, linemen do up to 30++ or more.

In hoops, I bet the teams you saw, Mich State, OSU, and Tennessee front liners would probably do 20+, whereby our front line guys could not do 10 (other than possibly Conklin).

Just a hypothetical-wild ass guess, but it would be interesting to test them all on that... not that this test is all encompassing... but, still. ;)

I disagree completely. Ohio St. basically starts 4 guards. Michigan St's go-to lineup is smaller than its starting lineup. Tenesee is long, but aside from Williams they are not bangers. If anything would get us it would be these teams' athleticism.

So you believe the size/strength of our team is right on par with the top teams in basketball and there is no need to hit the weights? Tennessee is a long team, but they are bangers and that is how they ended up beating OSU. There were big guys on all the teams but really noticed them in the OSU/UT game. You are right that they are athletic, and both of these teams would have embarrassed us inside with their size and athleticism. (UT-6'10" 278, UT-6'9" 246, OSU-6'8" 255, OSU-6'9" 240 combined for 107 minutes in that game) Either of these teams would have physically beat us down.

So you believe the size/strength of our team is right on par with the top teams in basketball and there is no need to hit the weights? Tennessee is a long team, but they are bangers and that is how they ended up beating OSU. There were big guys on all the teams but really noticed them in the OSU/UT game. You are right that they are athletic, and both of these teams would have embarrassed us inside with their size and athleticism. (UT-6'10" 278, UT-6'9" 246, OSU-6'8" 255, OSU-6'9" 240 combined for 107 minutes in that game) Either of these teams would have physically beat us down.

Yeah it is amazing the size difference with some of these teams...I guess it is due to youth and/or genetics. Maybe SLU doesn't concentrate so much on the strength training, I'm not really sure. If they do, then the strength coach needs to be looked at. Let's hope they hit the weights hard. Just some added strength to Willie will not take away any of his athleticism and he will be finishing those and 1's with dunks or stronger hands to put the ball in the basket after getting hammered. I read something a few years ago that the schools that have football programs usually have beefed up bball teams just due to the strength and conditioning coaches and the facilities. I believe SLU has the proper facilities now, but maybe we are lacking in the personnel department.

Here is OSU's starting lineup

1- 6'7"

2-6'5"

3- 6'6"

4- 6'5"

5- 6'9"

So they have tall guards but not a tall team. Our guys do need to get stronger though. Conklin, Kwamain, Femi and Paul are the only strong players. We need others to step up.

The biggest reason for the notable size difference between SLU and some other teams is the youth of our team. Another offseason in the workout program and everyone will be bigger. The muscle difference on the second year kids from when they arrived at SLU was noticable.

The biggest reason for the notable size difference between SLU and some other teams is the youth of our team. Another offseason in the workout program and everyone will be bigger. The muscle difference on the second year kids from when they arrived at SLU was noticable.

In the last 15-20 yrs we sure have not had adequate depth of "bigs" nor enough height.... nor did they have strength and weight even when they became jrs and sr's.

Hopefully under the Majerus regime, this will happen, he got us the depth and the height... need the weight and strength now when they mature.

Hit the weight rooms, ingest plenty of calories, especially protein!

In the last 15-20 yrs we sure have not had adequate depth of "bigs" nor enough height.... nor did they have strength and weight even when they became jrs and sr's.

Hopefully under the Majerus regime, this will happen, he got us the depth and the height... need the weight and strength now when they mature.

Hit the weight rooms, ingest plenty of calories, especially protein!

Every one of last years frosh came back looking and playing stronger so I would expect the entire roster to be bigger and stronger and in better shape by next October. One thing I think we all often forget is that the natural development of young men between the ages of 18/19 and 22/23 will mean that those young men will develop more muscle and just get stronger. Many young men often get taller. My son who played kept growing until he was 21 and he really reached his peak in terms of size in his late 20s.

WR needs to add another 15lbs, CR and JS about the same and it has to be all muscle. CE just needs to get some tone... he's already got the bulk at 240. BC looked stronger this year but still some work to be done. He's also got to learn to shoot put backs and layups in traffic. From the few games I saw this year and heard on the radio BC seemed to really miss a lot from in close, which is usually due to strength. But also check out the Butler bigs tonight. They don't look especially overpowering but they play smart and position themselves extremely well for rebounds and put backs. I thought MSU would kill them just off their usual ability to grab boards. Wasn't the case... Butler handled themselves well on the boards.

BC needs to get the Jimmy jump shoes. He needs to work on those fast twitch muscles to get him off the ground when around the basket. The guy battles his arse off for o boards but needs to be better at finishing the put backs.

I like how Texas A&M has the 12th Man Tradition where a walk-on plays (often on special teams and wears #12), but it signifies the bond between student and athlete at A&M. I would love to see that kind of tradition at SLU, where the student body rallies behind a kid like Darren Young, a guy who practices his ass off to make the team better. I bet it was a thrill for Young and his parents. I know I'd have tears in my eye if my son or daughter was rewarded for being a team player.

Slukpt-

Why the constant references to things from texas? where is your city of residence?

BC needs to get the Jimmy jump shoes. He needs to work on those fast twitch muscles to get him off the ground when around the basket. The guy battles his arse off for o boards but needs to be better at finishing the put backs.

Jimmy makes the shot!

I was in College Station two years ago for a soccer tournament with my sister. The GHWB presidential library is on campus and very nice...Hoping to get down there this fall for an Aggies football game.

Just remember bah, means no.