anyone else...

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Go Xavier!!

I obviously want the A-10 schools to do well. Plus Minnesota doesn't really deserve to be there in my opinion.

Plus, I don't really feel like Xavier is our mortal enemy. Sure they are the top dogs that we aspire to be in our conference and during conference play it would be nice to see them lose a bit more often, but they are a great program that will continue to be so.

I think they kind of got a rough draw with Pitt in the next round, but such is life in the tourney. We can only wish and look in from the outside.

I also am very pationately rooting for Richmond to beat St. Mary's--from the Loe aspect of things--this of course assumes he still is deciding between St Mary's and us. Combined with the fact that they are a team we beat and they are in our conference--it is one of my easiest decisions as to who to root for in the first round. Villanova will be tough in 2nd round.

Temple is the team with the best draw to get to the sweet 16 in my opinion (despite getting hosed with a 5 seed.) Cornell scares me more than Wisconsin. Cornell can shoot, they take care of the ball, are obviously intelligent, and if they get hot from outside--could be dangerous. Having to face KY is a tall order for anyone, but at this level everyone is going to be stupid good--just the way it is upposed to be. Again though, KY can be beaten--Temple beat 'Nova this season. So, anything is possible.

To me this is not like rooting against the Cubs--which a a no brainer.

No.

Not off to a good start based on these first 5 posts.

Come on we already know who this guy is. He has posted many times and the curtain will be pulled back pretty soon on who it is.

I want X to win. No real animosity towards them at this point.

I don't have any animosity. I don't get why we'd want to root for them. We don't root for them when they play us. You don't root for your rivals.

Xavier is not our rival. Xavier doing well is good for SLU. Minnesota doing well is bad for SLU.

That's a toss-up...

Every win by an A-10 team brings a share of the TV money to the conference which is then split by all the teams (including SLU). Hell yes I'm rooting for X. I want to see Richmond, X, and Temple in the damn final four.

Every win by an A-10 team brings a share of the TV money to the conference which is then split by all the teams (including SLU). Hell yes I'm rooting for X. I want to see Richmond, X, and Temple in the damn final four.

I mean, can you tell me what that money goes to? Moving the A-10 offices? Salary of commissioners? You say that like we all get a slice of the pie, but it goes without saying that those schools get a larger piece. I am not a fan of that.

I mean, can you tell me what that money goes to? Moving the A-10 offices? Salary of commissioners? You say that like we all get a slice of the pie, but it goes without saying that those schools get a larger piece. I am not a fan of that.

I'm shocked that metz is back on the board.

I also am very pationately rooting for Richmond to beat St. Mary's--from the Loe aspect of things--this of course assumes he still is deciding between St Mary's and us. Combined with the fact that they are a team we beat and they are in our conference--it is one of my easiest decisions as to who to root for in the first round. Villanova will be tough in 2nd round.

St. Mary's is being shipped all the way across the country to Buffalo, NY. I've seen St. Mary's in person twice, I saw SLU beat Richmond on TV, as well as a bit of Richmond v. Xavier in the A-10 Tournament, and I don't see SMC beating Richmond at that East Coast venue. If Omar Samhan is awake (remember the 3 hour time difference), he might be able to have his way inside with the Spiders. But I don't see the Gaels winning.

Ditto for Cal- talk about a complete lack of respect. I know the Pac-10 had a bad year, but Cal itself had a very good year, winning its first regular season conference title in 50 years, and for a change played some tough teams in the non-conference part- Syracuse and Ohio State at MSG (when Cal's Theo Robertson was injured) and at Kansas. Cal's RPI was 19, which should have translated into a 4 or 5 seed, not an 8. And then the real killer for Cal, and traditionally this has been the dispositive factor for the Golden Bears- the NCAA is shipping Cal all the way to Jacksonville, Florida for a first round game with Louisville.

I haven't seen the start times, but SMC and Cal are hoping they aren't playing 12 noon Eastern games, which is 9:00 a.m. on the West Coast. The NCAA has done that to Cal in the past.

The KNBR Radio morning host, Gary Radnich, was really ripping the NCAA this morning for both of these NCAA shippings of these Bay Area teams to distant East Coast venues. They were pricing plane tickets, and the cheapest they were finding was $616 and $671.

If St. Mary's even has a band, which it doesn't at some games, it is a tiny ensemble that can barely be heard over the students, the Gael Force, at McKeon Pavilion.

The Gaels do have fine cheerleading and dance squads ...

Gonzaga is also being sent to Buffalo.

What is this, How the West Was Lost?

UCLA's Dan Guerrero, the Chairman of the NCAA Committee must not have had much Western pull. You never know how much he lobbied for his fellow University of California school, a big rival, given that he comes from the "Southern Branch" campus.

Meanwhile, the only hope to put some people in the seats in San Jose, only 40+ miles south of the Cal and St. Mary's campuses, is Lorenzo Romar's Washington Huskies, but I don't see UW filling all that many seats in San Jose itself.

I haven't seen the start times, but am hoping the Marquette-UW game is at night so perhaps I can make the trip to the South Bay.