2010 NIT Selection Show

sluhomer

Someone please go to Humphrey's and check on 05. He was watching the NIT selection show there. Thanks.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please expand the NCAA tourney and get rid of this joke of a tourney.

Dayton and North Carolina??????

I am at a loss for words.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

I dont know anybody who thinks expanding the NCAA tourney is a good idea.

I for one will be very pissed if that happens

C.M. Newton talking about not doing something "for the dollars". Good one. LOL. That's precisely what his committee did.

Biggest gremlin of all are the 8 automatics, 7 undeserved. And due to facility scheduling issues, Illinois has to go on the road to play Stony Brook. Can you honestly believe that? Isn't Huff Gym still on the U of I campus in Champaign?

Friends, Stony Brook lost to Fordham. Stony Brook was one of Fordham's 2 victories.

Then there are these:

Northwestern- RPI 117

North Carolina- RPI 89

NC State- RPI 96.

For what it's worth, SLU's final RPI was 87.

I knew SLU was in trouble this morning when I saw on that website that former NC State Coach Les Robinson was part of that NIT College of Retired Coaches Committee. It also was revealed recently in North Carolina newspapers that Roy Williams said UNC would accept an NIT bid.

SLU beats Dayton twice, including winning at Dayton, finishes 3 full games ahead of Dayton in A-10 standings, and for that matter, 2 games ahead of Rhode Island. Dayton gets #3 NIT seed and plays at home; URI gets #2 NIT seed and plays at home. And SLU does not get an NIT bid again- nada.

The SLU team deserves to play in a post-season tournament.

But it looks like it is time for Baseball.

We just can't catch a ###### break!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cirque de Soleil is playing at Assembly Hall during the first NIT game so that is why Illinois is on the road....

The Committee...

Rudy Davalos- New Mexico's Athletic Director...

Don DeVoe- ex bball coach....hack

Reggie Minton- Executive Director of the National Association of Basketball Coaches

C.M. Newton (Chair)- ex Alabama and Vanderbilt coach

John J. Powers- something to do with Manhattan College

Les Robinson- ex NC State coach and ex Citadel athletic director

Bob Weltlich- ex Texas and Mississippi coach

Carroll Williams- ex Santa Clara coach and Athletic Director

I'm sure their email addresses are readily available...

Definitely disappointed not to see us in the NIT. Once Dayton and RI showed up, definitely knew we were in trouble. Per someone else's note, I wish we'd actually play in the CBI if invited just to get a few extra games and play against some other teams. I only think experience can help at this point as well as the additional practice time.

Having gone to Illinois for grad school, this day definitely has not been fun. Illinois lost crucial games and unfortunately SLU underestimated their skill level this year and wasn't able to overcome their SOS.

At the end of the day though, I'm still very excited about SLU's future....It's UofI's that I'm not so sure about....Go Bills! And, I'll root for the Illini to be win the NIT so maybe I'll actually who one an NIT for once :).

Do you think UNC or UConn fans are anxiously awaiting the NIT selections? F*** NO!!!! It's bull****!!!!

We actually CARE about playing in the NIT, while UNC, and UConn take it as almost an insult, whereas we see it as a reward...

The NIT Committee needs to seriously evaluate their selection criteria! I remember watching a Maryland NIT game where there were only about 1200 fans in the stands...I guarantee SLU would sell out Chaifetz for an NIT game!

I guess the NIT people figure that no one gives a !@#$ about this, so we will just do whatever the !@#$ we want. You stay classy, NIT.

Just discovered this message board today, and I'm so excited I have an outlet for my billikens now. Getting shafted from the NIT was absolute horse excrement. Good news? We still have the youngest, and one of the most talented teams in the a10. We're gonna make some noise for quite some time. It just sucks having to wait even longer now bc the NIT committee is a bunch of idiots. Go slu.

"Same as it ever was" C'mon Billiken fans, everybody knows that Thee University of Missouri is the basketball program everyone follows in this city and state!

So what if you win the NIT, all you can chant is "We're #65".

Billiken and Cub fans always have "next year"!!!

"Same as it ever was" C'mon Billiken fans, everybody knows that Thee University of Missouri is the basketball program everyone follows in this city and state!

That's not necessary. SLU deserved an NIT bid and every Mizzou fan should be able to admit it.

So Texas Tech??? 5-13 in their conference games, rides the sos because they played and lost so many games to good teams. of their 17 wins, 10 came against teams with RPI greater than 150. they were 2-8 in their last ten games.......

they make it, that is a by definition a joke!!!

HAHAHA! Go back to the tool shed a$$hole!