2010 NIT Selection Show

sluhomer

Steve, I'm not sure you could even dunk on those. Would be fun to have a pickup hoops game for billikens.com posters now that the weather is getting nicer. When will you be in town next?

In my athletic feats, I think it has been shown I cannot stay on snowy tracks or have any hops for hoops.

I haven't booked my ticket yet, but likely just before your wedding. I can't make your bachelor party unfortunately, my general/qualifying exams are that week. :lol:

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

that's the point mike and cheese. if i wanted to be a jerk i would go to those boards and talk. but i have never done that and few billiken fans every have. yet we get you guys here even on a night one would think you would be celebrating the tiger moment here being total a.s.ses. look in the mirror. see how you obviously appear. whether you think you are or not, you are the face of the tigerfandom on this board. you think you might be clever or enlightening, but you are not. no one here wants to read it. get a clue.

Roy, you're a jerk plenty right here. I know I'm not alone in thinking that :lol:

Number of enrolled students. I thought it was implied. What did you think it was - starting salaries after graduation?

Acceptance rates are a little close but I wouldn't hang my hat on stating the two schools are equivalent. There is also a 1.5 ACT point differential which I would say is a little close but significantly different.

So the less students, the better the school?? That makes absolutely no sense.

As someone stated both are very good schools, but neither is an elite academic institution.

In my athletic feats, I think it has been shown I cannot stay on snowy tracks or have any hops for hoops.

I haven't booked my ticket yet, but likely just before your wedding. I can't make your bachelor party unfortunately, my general/qualifying exams are that week. :lol:

You also run slower than most 12 year olds walk. But your ball-skills are beyond compare.

They're almost identical. SLU has smaller class sizes and costs more, Mizzou has bigger class sizes and costs less, but other than that they are statistically next to identical.

I am not saying Mizzou is a bad school and I would never want to degrade your alma mater (you are on a Billiken board - you can't really expect a different reaction); however, they are not the same. There is a difference between the two schools. Let me ask you this: How many people do you know that got accepted to SLU but not Mizzou and then the other way around? That is likely the most significant, practical way to put it.

I don't know the answer to this as I grew up in another state but comparing it to my state school I can predict the answer with some accuracy.

By the way, just heard that we accepted a CBI bid and are playing against Indiana State at home on Tuesday.

I am not saying Mizzou is a bad school and I would never want to degrade your alma mater (you are on a Billiken board - you can't really expect a different reaction); however, they are not the same. There is a difference between the two schools. Let me ask you this: How many people do you know that got accepted to SLU but not Mizzou and then the other way around? That is likely the most significant, practical way to put it.

I don't know the answer to this as I grew up in another state but comparing it to my state school I can predict the answer with some accuracy.

By the way, just heard that we accepted a CBI bid and are playing against Indiana State at home on Tuesday.

I mean I don't know anyone who didn't get accepted to either who applied. They're both easy enough to get into.

Honestly, I've lived in STL all my life and I know no one who was accepted to one of these schools, but was not accepted to the other. I'm sure it's happened (probably both ways) but I've never heard of it.

Congrats on the CBI bid.

So the less students, the better the school?? That makes absolutely no sense.

As someone stated both are very good schools, but neither is an elite academic institution.

It is more selective not only in numbers (students taken as an aggregate) but percentages (acceptance rate) as shown, thus the nature of being a private school. Mizzou is not a bad school, in fact it is a good school as shown by US News and World Report, but I would not say they are the same.

It is more selective not only in numbers (students taken as an aggregate) but percentages (acceptance rate) as shown, thus the nature of being a private school. Mizzou is not a bad school, in fact it is a good school as shown by US News and World Report, but I would not say they are the same.

who gives a ****. SLU didn't get into the NIT, thats the only acceptance rate I care about

I mean you're just splitting hairs though. For all intents and purposes, they're incredibly similar in terms of academic rankings, admissions standards, and average test scores. Sure, there's a difference- there has to be, but that doesn't mean it's statistically significant or important.

They're both great schools, I'll leave it at that.

I mean you're just splitting hairs though. For all intents and purposes, they're incredibly similar in terms of academic rankings, admissions standards, and average test scores. Sure, there's a difference- there has to be, but that doesn't mean it's statistically significant or important.

i doubt it, and i'll leave it at that.

you can't just leave it at that. "SLU guy" has to feel like he is at Harvard or Stanford.