2010 NIT Selection Show

sluhomer

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear ya and you're right, you rarely engage them.

Cheesy is a pretty fair guy, but is pretty thinned skin when it comes to missouri. I'm not sure why he expects posters on a SLU message board to be more delicate towards Missouri. Also, sometimes, it's like he comes here hoping to defend missouri to SLU posters in order to point out some perceived superiority of missouri over slu.

This Mike guy is just a moron. I'm guessing a 2nd cousin to basketballcountry. Mike's probably considered the "bright" one in the family. How sad is that?

Congratulations for pointing out that we're talking about TWO Mizzou posters. I make three. You guys act like Mizzou has descended en masse on the SLU board and wronged your university. One poster " cheeseycow" is somewhat respected or at least tolerated.

The average ACT score of students coming into slu is a 27

Average gpa coming out of high school is a 3.67.

Admission requirements might be relatively the same, but let's be honest. Mizzou is a party school. SLU is a school of academics.

Might want to check out Mizzou's stats on those fronts before you start assuming they're much different.

I agree that this is total crap, but our advance ticket sales for the NIT and conference game, had we played one, were very low. Many season ticketholders did not commit to purchasing tickets when given the option. Many of us would have looked forward to the game, and maybe the press would have helped sell some tickets, but we haven't sold out a home game in 2 years. I'm pretty sure this wasn't going to be anywhere near a sell-out, unless we had played an Illinois or like opponent. Win a game, and then the attendance may have improved. Oh well, all bs guessing on my part, because these scumbags hosed the team.

i suspected as much when i got my seats upgraded to premium center court.

Congratulations for pointing out that we're talking about TWO Mizzou posters. I make three. You guys act like Mizzou has descended en masse on the SLU board and wronged your university. One poster " cheeseycow" is somewhat respected or at least tolerated.

Respected until the past few days I think :lol: I'm just as fired up about the snubs as everyone here though, and it's making me cranky too.

these tiger fans here tonite are represenative of what we have have to listen to for years and imo very represenative of the typical tiger fan. they are the reason i have always hated missouri.

these tiger fans here tonite are represenative of what we have have to listen to for years and imo very represenative of the typical tiger fan. they are the reason i have always hated missouri.

And you're the reason I don't like SLU as much as I did when I was 10 years old!

At least we can agree on something, eh roy???

Mizzou v. SLU academics

Pretty objective. Mizzou's acceptance rate is 85.1% and SLU's acceptance rate is 72.4%. Mizzou's has 30K+ and SLU has 12K+. Pretty simple math, even for a suspected, Mizzou-educated fool like yourself.

They score difference is negligible and obviously a public school is going to let in more students than a private school. Identical ACT averages and GPAs. The academic thing is a marginal argument, which roy always boils down to class sizes because he thinks I sat 500 feet away from my professor in all my classes (hint: i didn't).

They're both great schools and we're lucky to have them both for students in the region.

I like that when you google NIT Selection Show, this thread is now the third result...

NIT Selection show was the 14th most searched term on Google tonight... And I think Billikens.com paid for that.

..Sorry, I find this sort of interesting...what else you going to do while refreshing the CBI web site.

NIT Selection show was the 14th most searched term on Google tonight... And I think Billikens.com paid for that.

..Sorry, I find this sort of interesting...what else you going to do while refreshing the CBI web site.

Look on the bright side, steve, your servers are better than the CBIs. Maybe billikens.com should have a postseason tournament.

Mizzou v. SLU academics

Pretty objective. Mizzou's acceptance rate is 85.1% and SLU's acceptance rate is 72.4%. Mizzou's has 30K+ and SLU has 12K+. Pretty simple math, even for a suspected, Mizzou-educated fool like yourself.

the acceptance rate (if accurate) are fairly close. I have no idea what you are talking about regarding "mizzou's has 30K+ and SLU has 12K+"?

And you're the reason I don't like SLU as much as I did when I was 10 years old!

At least we can agree on something, eh roy???

answer me this cheesy when was the last time you saw me on tigerboard or powermizzou acting like the tigera$$clowns here tonite?

the answer is never. this is our house respect that the way we stay the hell out of yours.

answer me this cheesy when was the last time you saw me on tigerboard or powermizzou acting like the tigera$$clowns here tonite?

the answer is never. this is our house respect that the way we stay the hell out of yours.

This isn't a house. It's a message board. It's here to provide people with an opportunity to connect with other people and share their opinions. Feel free to post on tigerboard. Post a million times. I don't care. That's your prerogative, man- it's the internet! Get with it man, it's groovay!

You're more than welcome to go onto the Tiger board and talk SLU smack, but that probably wouldn't be a good idea tonight......or any other night, for that matter.

Look on the bright side, steve, your servers are better than the CBIs. Maybe billikens.com should have a postseason tournament.

Reserve the Kiddie Hoops at Tillman for me.

the acceptance rate (if accurate) are fairly close. I have no idea what you are talking about regarding "mizzou's has 30K+ and SLU has 12K+"?

Number of enrolled students. I thought it was implied. What did you think it was - starting salaries after graduation?

Acceptance rates are a little close but I wouldn't hang my hat on stating the two schools are equivalent. There is also a 1.5 ACT point differential which I would say is a little close but significantly different.

Number of enrolled students. I thought it was implied. What did you think it was - starting salaries after graduation?

Acceptance rates are a little close but I wouldn't hang my hat on stating the two schools are equivalent. There is also a 1.5 ACT point differential which I would say is a little close but significantly different.

They're almost identical. SLU has smaller class sizes and costs more, Mizzou has bigger class sizes and costs less, but other than that they are statistically next to identical.

that's the point mike and cheese. if i wanted to be a jerk i would go to those boards and talk. but i have never done that and few billiken fans every have. yet we get you guys here even on a night one would think you would be celebrating the tiger moment here being total a.s.ses. look in the mirror. see how you obviously appear. whether you think you are or not, you are the face of the tigerfandom on this board. you think you might be clever or enlightening, but you are not. no one here wants to read it. get a clue.

They're almost identical. SLU has smaller class sizes and costs more, Mizzou has bigger class sizes and costs less, but other than that they are statistically next to identical.

Good. Now that that's settled, let's talk about the freaking NIT snub. Seriously, this is a ridiculous amount of talk about Mizzou.