• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can dish out the tiger bashing when they lay an egg, but you can't take it when the shoe is on the other foot.

This is the Mizloser Roy called out because his name is robin. :lol: What a great name. Fly away girly birdy.

Thanks for just flat out admitting you are a Mizzou troll. You used to deny it.

I sincerely hope so, but I don't think so. RPI and 8 Low Con automatics conspire to end the season. In advance, I hope I am wrong.

I don't agree with Majerus taking SLU out of CBI or CIT, but that is evidently the case.

Multiple sites had us in as an NIT "lock"

You can dish out the tiger bashing when they lay an egg, but you can't take it when the shoe is on the other foot.

Hogwash, camel cookies. We got beat today. We got whipped.

But your Mizzou pretenders will make the NCAA because you inflated your record with 8 home cupcakes, and you are a BCS school that gets deference.

You will probably get drilled in the first round- one and done, first round fodder; if you get a favorable pairing, then you lose in Round 2 for sure. Bank on it.

But your Mizzou pretenders will make the NCAA because you inflated your record with 8 home cupcakes, and you are a BCS school that gets deference.

You will probably get drilled in the first round- one and done, first round fodder; if you get a favorable pairing, then you lose in Round 2 for sure. Bank on it.

Yeah it's the 8 home cupcakes and not the wins over top 50 opponents....(yawn)

Why isn't SLU making the tournament with all their cupcake wins (and loss)?

Did we look like a NIT team today? NO. But I still think and hope we get in to the NIT.....We are 1000000000000000x better than this..... Great season though regardless.

Hopeful for the NIT... too bad a lot of the little conferences didn't end like SoCon, regular season champ=tourney champ. I think if the a-10 gets 4 in the dance... they can't take Charlotte above us. Hell, they went 1-7 down the stretch.

Yeah it's the 8 home cupcakes and not the wins over top 50 opponents....(yawn)

Why isn't SLU making the tournament with all their cupcake wins (and loss)?

I think you make good points and I probably agree with most of them. BUT, you are on a Billiken board after our biggest game and biggest loss of the year...you aren't going to convince anyone of anything related to that team in Col, MO. You can keep trying, but it's not happening...at least not right now. Good luck to your team.

Give the Mizzou trash talk a rest, the vast majority of the posters on this board don't care. If you want to go back and forth with someone do it over PMs.

I think you make good points and I probably agree with most of them. BUT, you are on a Billiken board after our biggest game and biggest loss of the year...you aren't going to convince anyone of anything related to that team in Col, MO. You can keep trying, but it's not happening...at least not right now. Good luck to your team.

You're right. Been a rough basketball week all around.

Just to be clear, I'm also angry at the result today and it's making me more fired up than usual as well.

Mizzou may have played some cupcakes but it was a rebuilding year for them too.

They outplayed expectations and a one and done or 2 and done tourney for them is a good year and something to build on.

They may get drilled in the first round but they are just as likely to make a mini run.

It just depends what teams shows up: the team that took down K-state or the team that got smashed by Nebraska

Check nitology. We are sitting comfortably as a 4 seed. There is no way we fall out of NIT for playing a bad game against a good team.

I wonder if they have the 'eye test' for the NIT. If so, I hope the selection committee is blind or that somehow they mistake us for another team. Can't ignore the rest of the season, I know...but this perfomance isn't going to help anything if it comes down to us against a few other teams.

I sincerely hope so, but I don't think so. RPI and 8 Low Con automatics conspire to end the season. In advance, I hope I am wrong.

I don't agree with Majerus taking SLU out of CBI or CIT, but that is evidently the case.

For all the reasons that people thought we'd jump 25 or more spots to maybe get an NCAA at large, the NIT will not be that hard for us to jump 5-10 spots over our RPI to get a bid. We won't get a home game though.

Give the Mizzou trash talk a rest, the vast majority of the posters on this board don't care. If you want to go back and forth with someone do it over PMs.

I think a better idea, would be for the Mizzou folks to give it a rest. This is BILLIKENS.COM. If they weren't here to constantly respond, it would die quickly. We even have another one of their trolls, who has been banned previously, start a thread clearly intended to stir up sh!t.

Check nitology. We are sitting comfortably as a 4 seed. There is no way we fall out of NIT for playing a bad game against a good team.

I hope you are right. I don't have much faith in the NIT selection process. I hope URI makes a run and gets into the NCAA Tourney. With four A10 teams making the Big Dance, then Dayton for sure gets in the NIT and maybe we are the second team. No way it could be Charlotte.

You are probably correct about getting eliminated early especially if Mizzou doesn't shoot the three-ball well and it's unlikely they'll be hot two games in a row. Interesting though that all the SLU posters refuse to acknowledge the devastating effect on MU of losing Safford and the limiting injury to Bowers who'll have surgery after the season along with Safford. By the way, $LU caught lightning in a bottle with the A-10 schedule catching Xavier and Temple only at home and late in the season. May not be that lucky next year. Congrats on your season though. Thought you'd do better attendancewise. I always did think $LU got a lot of game attendees that were not really $LU fans but BASKETBALL fans that would quit coming because of $$$.

You are probably correct about getting eliminated early especially if Mizzou doesn't shoot the three-ball well and it's unlikely they'll be hot two games in a row. Interesting though that all the SLU posters refuse to acknowledge the devastating effect on MU of losing Safford and the limiting injury to Bowers who'll have surgery after the season along with Safford. By the way, $LU caught lightning in a bottle with the A-10 schedule catching Xavier and Temple only at home and late in the season. May not be that lucky next year. Congrats on your season though. Thought you'd do better attendancewise. I always did think $LU got a lot of game attendees that were not really $LU fans but BASKETBALL fans that would quit coming because of $$$.

I'm sure both injuries have played a role.

But injuries are a 2 way street. I have a lot more knowledge out here about what happened to St. Mary's last year, which included the key injury to star player Patty Mills. SMC's RPI was approx. 24 when Mills was injured, still was about 45 on Selection Sunday, and SMC got snubbed.

This brings us to the debate about how the NCAA handles key injuries, and I think history has proven that there is a double standard.

This is the Mizloser Roy called out because his name is robin. :lol: What a great name. Fly away girly birdy.

Thanks for just flat out admitting you are a Mizzou troll. You used to deny it.

You wouldn't expect a guy named Robin to have the balls, to just say he's a Mizzou fan would you? Reach down and do a manhood check Robin, if you're going to troll at least man up. Don't try to sneak in as a Billiken fan with a Billiken picture.

There have been very few billikenboard posts, relative to the total number of posts, about MU over the last few months. I think most people on this board don't care enough anymore.

But posts like this are just classic. Condescending attitude by a MU fan and he doesn't even get his facts rights since playing X and Temple didn't help SLU this year given that we lost and this season was hardly lightning in a bottle given the clearinghouse basically kept us from an NCAA bid.

MU has been dodging SLU since the Quin era and I'm sure they want nothing to do with us the next two years so EVERYONE needs to just stop talking about them because they can do their thing, we can do our thing and if MU is fortunate enough to meet us in the NCAA tournament next year then so be it.