Rush the court when we win?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't look it up, but I'm assuming he is trying to say "If I recall correctly". He's used it twice today I think so he's probably trying to impress Postcard or Thicks or someone.

What kind of student turnout are we looking at for tomorrow night? Has there been a lot of marketing on campus? Would love to see another Dayton/Xavier type turnout.

I vote no. I've only rushed twice with SLU.. when we knocked off Cincy and DePaul en-route to the CUSA Championship in Memphis 2000.

It was appropriate to rush after beating Louisville w/Marque Perry (were the Cards ranked 2 or 3?) as well as knocking off Kansas with Troy Robertson.

I think top 10 or top 5 should be a good gauge of when to rush.

Also, with how tight it is between the front of the student section and those press tables as well as the limited space between the press and the basket, there isn't a lot of room to rush "safely". We don't want another incident like we had with the Louisville game and the reporter.

What kind of student turnout are we looking at for tomorrow night? Has there been a lot of marketing on campus? Would love to see another Dayton/Xavier type turnout.

I havent seen a lot of stuff around campus but im pretty sure everyone knows about it. The only thing is that it is midterms weeks, which could effect the student attendance. I planned my week around the game but I am not sure how dedicated some of the other students are.... I hope our student section is full like the dayton/xavier games. just wish it wasnt midterms week.

No rush when we beat Temple!

But you better believe I'm rushing the court at UD Arena when we beat Dayton this Saturday....me and the 7 SLU fans in attendance are storming that bytch!!

(This could be a poll.)

Please don't rush the court against Temple.

Save rushing the court for a Top 5 or Top 3 team — and only if the Billikens are unranked. (That is, if the Bills are Top 15 sometime next year and beat a Top 5 team at home, fans shouldn't rush the court.)

Tennessee rushed the court Saturday after they beat #2 Kentucky. (I think there were some on the court before the buzzer sounded!) They came from both end zones. Is Chaifetz set up that way, or would the students file in from just the one end?

I know that, if I were there, as a middle-aged man, there's no way I would be taking part in storming the court. Standing and cheering would have to suffice.

From Boiler Room - "Act as if..."

Please, please, please do not rush the court.

nice. i always look to mr. flair for my inspiration as to how to act when in the presence of peasants...

MY SHOES!!! COST MORE THAN YOUR HOUSE.

nice. i always look to mr. flair for my inspiration as to how to act when in the presence of peasants...

MY SHOES!!! COST MORE THAN YOUR HOUSE.

Haha...one of my all time favorite Flair lines...

No, F no; conduct yourself as if you expect to win...

Actually, I amend my reply; it's always OK for the students to rush the court - student life is short and aberrant behavior as one is a rite of passage...

Actually, I amend my reply; it's always OK for the students to rush the court - student life is short and aberrant behavior as one is a rite of passage...

I don't know if you're kidding or not, but I agree with this. Who cares what others think? Who cares about this "act like you been there" stuff? We haven't been there; enjoy the friggin ride up the mountain as much as we hopefully enjoy being near the top of the mountain.

You're only an undergrad college student for 4-6 years. Enjoy it. And I agree with '05, it'd be a nice compliment to the efforts of the guys this year.

I don't know if you're kidding or not, but I agree with this. Who cares what others think? Who cares about this "act like you been there" stuff? We haven't been there; enjoy the friggin ride up the mountain as much as we hopefully enjoy being near the top of the mountain.

You're only an undergrad college student for 4-6 years. Enjoy it. And I agree with '05, it'd be a nice compliment to the efforts of the guys this year.

Totally agree. This is the last regular season home game and it would be a nice victory for us. Plus, there is a good chance that isotope and I will be rushing the court after the win, so the students will look pretty weak if it's only us faculty out there ...

That is what i was talking about. I didnt expect the whole arena to rush. I assumed only students would rush....

Will/should we rush the court with a win tomorrow?

OMG I hope this was a joke just to get people talking...

Then again, after reading Moy's reply, I almost agree with him. We haven't "been there" before. But still, it looks very poor. It is embarrassing though for us alumni who have to deal with Big 10, SEC, and Big 12 fans who will taunt us relentlessly if we rush.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not. It reflects horribly when we rush against a #18 ranked team.