Rick Majerus - Coach of the Year?

I changed my handle after I changed computers and net services. I announced it to the Board when I came back with a new handle. Others have done the same thing, so (1) I find it amusing you bring that up. You are borrowing a page from ajarete. Congrats. It is a non issue, because I brought it up when I first posted with this name! In fact, I invite you to look at my first post as ACE in May of 2003. Next.

Let's see... there was a guy who went by billiphan who caused trouble, not talk much basketball, took shots at SLU fans, waved the pom poms for Mizzou and would challenge SLU fans to meet him at his seats. He would also talk to me about not affording tickets and having to collect cans (which doesn't make any sense, considering I have no problem affording to go to games) Then soon after that person (billiphan) gets banned (2) or mysteriously disappears, a character with a new name, but the exact same act, including the meet me at my seats routine, can collecting, etc. shows up. Also, billiphan challenged Skip to some kind of fight many years ago. Recently, Postcard slipped up and referenced that the incident with Skip which happened LONG before postcard even showed up on the board. How would he know about that incident between billiphan and postcard? Maybe there are two people who talk about can collecting and meet me at my seats? Maybe it is all just a coincidence. ;)

1. I made mention of your former username to acknowledge your persona, not to accuse you of anything. I apologize if you took that to mean my accusing you of anything improper.

2. So you acknowledge that billiphan might not have been banned. That means you should stop saying "banned billiphan." I've always thought it would be strange for Steve to ban a poster and then allow him to come back under another username and acknowledge the fact that he'd posted under the allegedly-banned name. And if Billiphan wasn't banned, then it was not a "slip up" to reference an older event.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Majerus deserves COY, assuming he finishes OK, say 1-1 then 1 win in A-10 tourney.

Those that really know the game will see this clearly, given he had such an incredibly young team and the other coaches were dealt significantly better hands.

But realistically COY will go to one of the higher finishing teams, and politically Majerus buried himself with his statements about SLU, the A-10 and the MVC.

So no way he wins unless he goes 2-0 or 1-1, then 3-0 in tourney.

Majerus deserves COY, assuming he finishes OK, say 1-1 then 1 win in A-10 tourney.

Those that really know the game will see this clearly, given he had such an incredibly young team and the other coaches were dealt significantly better hands.

But realistically COY will go to one of the higher finishing teams, and politically Majerus buried himself with his statements about SLU, the A-10 and the MVC.

So no way he wins unless he goes 2-0 or 1-1, then 3-0 in tourney.

The thing is, I think the voting takes place on March 7, which is before the conference tournament. I don't think the tournament record — or perhaps even the last game of conference play — will be a consideration.

SLU is one of the higher-finishing teams, in my opinion (4th of 14, which is top 3rd), but I agree that politics might play a role, as I mentioned in my first response in this thread.

I changed my handle after I changed computers and net services. I announced it to the Board when I came back with a new handle. Others have done the same thing, so I find it amusing you bring that up. You are borrowing a page from ajarete. Congrats. It is a non issue, because I brought it up when I first posted with this name! In fact, I invite you to look at my first post as ACE in May of 2003. Next.

Let's see... there was a guy who went by billiphan who caused trouble, not talk much basketball, took shots at SLU fans, waved the pom poms for Mizzou and would challenge SLU fans to meet him at his seats. He would also talk to me about not affording tickets and having to collect cans (which doesn't make any sense, considering I have no problem affording to go to games) Then soon after that person (billiphan) gets banned or mysteriously disappears, a character with a new name, but the exact same act, including the meet me at my seats routine, can collecting, etc. shows up. Also, billiphan challenged Skip to some kind of fight many years ago. Recently, Postcard slipped up and referenced that the incident with Skip which happened LONG before postcard even showed up on the board. How would he know about that incident between billiphan and postcard? Maybe there are two people who talk about can collecting and meet me at my seats? Maybe it is all just a coincidence. ;)

I'm no friend of either of these guys but I seem to remember a few posts where postcard pretty much admitted his heritage. It's one of the reasons I ignore him. I believe Ace, despite being a raving commie :P , is correct.....

I'm pretty sure we were picked that low because they evaluated the team we had, not the one we have now(with Ellis).

Also without our incoming freshmen class either - they pick based on who is coming back not who is coming in unless you get a Kentucky grade class.

that's why it didn't pay to b & m about the A-10 until the season was over. Terrible political move if you ask me. do you really think the refs are going to do us any favors???

I never think the officials are out to get one team or the other. They may not always be consistent, and they may not see things the right way, but I doubt many of them try to influence the game in favor of either team. And even IF the refs were against SLU, the Billikens have managed a 10-4 record so far, so they must be pretty good — even if, as some people claim, they're playing five against eight.

I never think the officials are out to get one team or the other. They may not always be consistent, and they may not see things the right way, but I doubt many of them try to influence the game in favor of either team. And even IF the refs were against SLU, the Billikens have managed a 10-4 record so far, so they must be pretty good — even if, as some people claim, they're playing five against eight.

i disagree, the referee situation has gotten much worse since the A-10 vs. MVC controversy started which if i recall started on the philly trip. just my opinion. that's after their decent record was established.

i disagree, the referee situation has gotten much worse since the A-10 vs. MVC controversy started which if i recall started on the philly trip. just my opinion. that's after their decent record was established.

Eastsidehoe-

Settle down, the refs do suck but they suck equally for both the home and opposing teams. Willie got away with about 3 hackjobs in the first 5 minutes (0 fouls) of the Xavier game. Likewise, I wanted to put the refs in a headlock when they missed the KM fastbreak.

By the way, Im writing this post from Bocce Ball Night at Milos. You wouldnt know anything about this....

Eastsidehoe-

Settle down, the refs do suck but they suck equally for both the home and opposing teams. Willie got away with about 3 hackjobs in the first 5 minutes (0 fouls) of the Xavier game. Likewise, I wanted to put the refs in a headlock when they missed the KM fastbreak.

By the way, Im writing this post from Bocce Ball Night at Milos. You wouldnt know anything about this....

Eastsidehow-

Has it occured to you that the refs are pawns in my bookie monopoly?

Eastsidehoe-

Wrong as usual Backrammer. you aren't even at the games. you spend all of your time posting. why don't you try going to the games sometime, eh? i guess your too busy working out with the Spirit. Haven't heard you trash KC lately, whats up with that. i think the spirit is the reason you work out, you are a wanna be Spirit.

Wrong as usual Backrammer. you aren't even at the games. you spend all of your time posting. why don't you try going to the games sometime, eh? i guess your too busy working out with the Spirit. Haven't heard you trash KC lately, whats up with that. i think the spirit is the reason you work out, you are a wanna be Spirit.

EastsideHoe-

1) you are correct. I missed the last game because I had a prior engagement that involved raising money for kids with cancer. Sorry.

2) I was around before Spirit, he tried to jock my style. He is a poser.

Also, KC has made HUGE strides since the beginning and even middle of the season. He has had as much to do with our success as CE has. But if you are honest with yourself, he was atrocious through our non conference schedule. Glad he came around. He made the same mistakes that JJ makes now.

Now if you dont mind, its my turn in Bocce Ball.

Did you see who started that thread? Rainman_Billsfan or whatever his handle was is a flaming troll from what I've seen. Not that te refs don't get bashed, but that dingbat is the only one I remember saying we were playing 5-on-8.

In general the refs are pretty bad. We've become a physical team in some regards which only confuses the refs more because then they have to really think and run up and down the court at the same time occassionally. I doubt there is any true bias aganst us by ghe refs in the a-10, but last year when we were fully inept on the road, the frustration of our poor play coupled with some incompetent officatinf sure made it seem lie that sometmes.

Long time reader, first time poster...

Any guy that poops in a towel gets my vote!

But seriously, I love how excited ballplayers are to come and play and LEARN from Coach Majerus. I mean, we're starting to bring in kids who could play in the NBA someday and they're coming in great part to learn from Big Rick. And Majerus is gonna turn them into real ballplayers. That is awesome.

-Ron-O-Tron

I changed my handle after I changed computers and net services. I announced it to the Board when I came back with a new handle. Others have done the same thing, so I find it amusing you bring that up. You are borrowing a page from ajarete. Congrats. It is a non issue, because I brought it up when I first posted with this name! In fact, I invite you to look at my first post as ACE in May of 2003. Next.

Let's see... there was a guy who went by billiphan who caused trouble, not talk much basketball, took shots at SLU fans, waved the pom poms for Mizzou and would challenge SLU fans to meet him at his seats. He would also talk to me about not affording tickets and having to collect cans (which doesn't make any sense, considering I have no problem affording to go to games) Then soon after that person (billiphan) gets banned or mysteriously disappears, a character with a new name, but the exact same act, including the meet me at my seats routine, can collecting, etc. shows up. Also, billiphan challenged Skip to some kind of fight many years ago. Recently, Postcard slipped up and referenced that the incident with Skip which happened LONG before postcard even showed up on the board. How would he know about that incident between billiphan and postcard? Maybe there are two people who talk about can collecting and meet me at my seats? Maybe it is all just a coincidence. :blink:

Ace, I don't think so. Billiphan use to jibe me about being an old man whenever I'd counter his attack on the Bills. I've jabbed Mr. Postal a few times but never received a response telling me to check my depends. Billiphan was a nasty little guy who lives in his parents basement and still dates Rosy Palm. He's the type that couldn't keep his hatred for all thing Billikens under wraps. It would surface as he'd resort to form. I wonder if he still trolls here. Also, wonder what ever happened to the all knowin Triangle n' Too who guaranteed Brian Gregory was Romar's replacement.Now it wouldn't surprise me to find out Postal is in fact the inafamous Too.

Ace, I don't think so. Billiphan use to jibe me about being an old man whenever I'd counter his attack on the Bills. I've jabbed Mr. Postal a few times but never received a response telling me to check my depends. Billiphan was a nasty little guy who lives in his parents basement and still dates Rosy Palm. He's the type that couldn't keep his hatred for all thing Billikens under wraps. It would surface as he'd resort to form. I wonder if he still trolls here. Also, wonder what ever happened to the all knowin Triangle n' Too who guaranteed Brian Gregory was Romar's replacement.Now it wouldn't surprise me to find out Postal is in fact the inafamous Too.

Triangle and Too was a lot smarter than Postal and had a much different style. And Postal's reference to the Skip/Billiphan confrontation was a dead give-away. Also, Billiphan used to call Rich "BDick", Postal has used that exact same term for Rich. Postal has toned down his act just a touch from when he was billiphan, but he was too stupid to change up some of the terms he used to use. Too at least offered some pretty good basketball posts from time to time.

2. So you acknowledge that billiphan might not have been banned. That means you should stop saying "banned billiphan." I've always thought it would be strange for Steve to ban a poster and then allow him to come back under another username and acknowledge the fact that he'd posted under the allegedly-banned name. And if Billiphan wasn't banned, then it was not a "slip up" to reference an older event.

thicks, billiphan clearly was banned. Check out his status from the archives. It says "banned" and you will also notice that billiphan was frequently talking about many of the same topics that postal STILL talks about on the board -

http://www.billikens.com/forum/index.php?s...mp;hl=billiphan

And it looks like the banning took place, here...

Just skim the archives and you will quickly see a lot of similarities between "billiphan" and "postcard." Another example, billiphan called Rich "bdick," postal has called Rich the same name. I am not suggesting Steve has knowingly allowed a banned poster to come back. Rather, I am just pointing it out, in the same way that people have pointed out when Metz tries to sneak back in.

thicks, billiphan clearly was banned. Check out his status from the archives. It says "banned" and you will also notice that billiphan was frequently talking about many of the same topics that postal STILL talks about on the board -

And it looks like the banning took place, here...

Just skim the archives and you will quickly see a lot of similarities between "billiphan" and "postcard." Another example, billiphan called Rich "bdick," postal has called Rich the same name. I am not suggesting Steve has knowingly allowed a banned poster to come back. Rather, I am just pointing it out, in the same way that people have pointed out when Metz tries to sneak back in.

Ace-

I love the digging you did to out Posty. Moderators, lets give Posty (err Billiphan) the boot! If Metz gets it, so should Posty.

Ace-

I love the digging you did to out Posty. Moderators, lets give Posty (err Billiphan) the boot! If Metz gets it, so should Posty.

Have another wine cooler Sally. Ace has no life. I like how your afraid of me Backhand. It proves my point that you and the rest of your crew are internet tough guys fueled by wine coolers on game day. "oh ban Posty, he's so mean, waah." Ha! :lol:

And before we hear from the usual "you're no Billiken fan" people, I love the Billikens. I just hate some of their fans.

And Backhand, you and the rest of the girls should really learn to PM or email each other, that way the rest of us are spared the mindless drivel that goes on between you all.

And before we hear from the usual "you're no Billiken fan" people, I love the Billikens. I just hate some of their fans.

You seem to hate most of them.

I hate no Billiken fan. I can disagree with them about many things, but as long as they're true Billiken fans, they're allright in my book.

Have another wine cooler Sally. Ace has no life. I like how your afraid of me Backhand. It proves my point that you and the rest of your crew are internet tough guys fueled by wine coolers on game day. "oh ban Posty, he's so mean, waah." Ha! :lol:

And Backhand, you and the rest of the girls should really learn to PM or email each other, that way the rest of us are spared the mindless drivel that goes on between you all.

You're the man.

You seem to hate most of them.

I hate no Billiken fan. I can disagree with them about many things, but as long as they're true Billiken fans, they're allright in my book.

Not true. I like you and your brother. I actually like a lot of people on here. But I understand that since I also like Mizzou and I call BS on some people that others won't like me. That doesn't bother me.