Post Dispatch coverage

SShoe

Absolutely pathetic. And it's not just us, Mizzou too. Both teams with good wins and the stories are buried on page 6. I guess Linsey Vonn is a bigger story.

-I guess Linsey Vonn is a bigger story - is there a picture??

-looks like Nate wrote for the providence journal and the story is linked on their sports web front page

-i haven't looked at the paper yet but am guessing on the front page there are at least 2 cardinal spring training columns and probably a big mac picture

-looks like Nate wrote for the providence journal and the story is linked on their sports web front page

-i haven't looked at the paper yet but am guessing on the front page there are at least 2 cardinal spring training columns and probably a big mac picture

Now wait a sec. I've been historically a huge critic of the Post-Disgrace, but MU hooked the Horns last night in Gumby-land, we didn't exactly take down a perennial A-10 power and Big Mac 2.0 emerged down in Jupiter. In the world of sports, we were the Falkland Islands to the PD last night. Give the paper some credit after the Dayton win. They pulled up alongside the bandwagon and got on. Lets just hope Seth Davis, Clark Kellogg and Greg Gumbel are on board come Selection Sunday.

BTW, if there are any Bills on this board who reside in the Tampa/St. Pete area, I will be in town for Spring Training March 11-14 and would (record permitting) love to meet up and watch the selection show if the Bills have a chance of getting in. The Xavier game will tell us a lot. If we beat X, I'm making plans to be at a bar on St. Pete Beach with tears in my eyes if SLU gets in.

this is the time of year when the sports writers are in Florida, don't ya know?

Worse was Rene Knot on TV pre game about 5:30 or 6:00 sports and I realize channel 5 does not broadcast the Bills; but we got 20 seconds. Mizzour, two minutes and Olympics 4 minutes. Immediately after the news Rene did a wonderful job he was prepared for on the Olympics. It proves he can do it but

the bias is everything bigger than Saint Louis is a lead story. When it comes to Billiken sports Rene Knott is not prepared and acts like we are unimportant.

but MU hooked the Horns last night in Gumby-land,

That's the point. Mizzou was also relegated to page 6, yet our front page is littered with an article and column on McGwire, a column about the Rams draft pick, and two Olympic articles. McGwire - dead horse. Olympics - whatever. Rams - draft isn't for another 2 months.

That's the point. Mizzou was also relegated to page 6, yet our front page is littered with an article and column on McGwire, a column about the Rams draft pick, and two Olympic articles. McGwire - dead horse. Olympics - whatever. Rams - draft isn't for another 2 months.

Martin Kilcoyne and Frank just criticized the placement of both the Mizzou and SLU games. They each beat Top 25 rpi teams, yet got placed on page 6. I wonder if it is ok if criticism of the media is coming from other members of the media. :lol:

i havent watche a bit of this winter olympic nonsense, but if you guys are telling me that these "skiers" are coming to the podium for their medals dressed like this, i might start. :lol: