I heard Majerus was on TV tonight - anyone know why?

AlumniFan

My wife told me that Majerus was on television tonight, but had no idea why. I explained to her that her powers of observation were completely unacceptable, but she just ignored me, like usual. Anyone know why he was on (or if he was even really on)?

They talked about RM and Fr. Biondi on the 10 PM news on channel 2. About the whole travel deal. The reporter said that on Grand and Lindell Fr. Biondi will win the battle!

Amen to that!

Well, congrats Fr. 'Cheapo Depot' Biondi. This school has more money that it knows what to do with, and it cuts costs here? This is just another way for Biondi to stroke his ego so he can show everyone who is in charge. This will eventually lead Rick to leave earlier than expected in my opinion. It's a damn shame too. Fr. Biondi made himself look silly the way he hired Majerus, and he is going to be looking silly again when Majerus decides to resign. This is so annoying no words can describe it. Keep raising that tuition Father, your golf cart needs some new rims.

Well, congrats Fr. 'Cheapo Depot' Biondi. This school has more money that it knows what to do with, and it cuts costs here? This is just another way for Biondi to stroke his ego so he can show everyone who is in charge. This will eventually lead Rick to leave earlier than expected in my opinion. It's a damn shame too. Fr. Biondi made himself look silly the way he hired Majerus, and he is going to be looking silly again when Majerus decides to resign. This is so annoying no words can describe it. Keep raising that tuition Father, your golf cart needs some new rims.

That is right, Fr. Biondi is in charge and ANY employee should have some respect for the decisions his employer makes. You don't have to like the decisions but you have to respect them and not air dirty laundry in public, to the media, or on the airwaves.

That is right, Fr. Biondi is in charge and ANY employee should have some respect for the decisions his employer makes. You don't have to like the decisions but you have to respect them and not air dirty laundry in public, to the media, or on the airwaves.

Well I haven't heard Majerus say anything in the public, media, or airwaves. Did I miss something?

Well I haven't heard Majerus say anything in the public, media, or airwaves. Did I miss something?

I assume FOX 2 had something looking at the previous posts, but I haven't seen it. If that is the case, yeah I agree with you. I understand his frustration but that should be taken behind doors with 'The Don' With that said, we all know how Majerus is...he exercises his freedom of speech. If Biondi wants to fire him...good luck.

I assume FOX 2 had something looking at the previous posts, but I haven't seen it. If that is the case, yeah I agree with you. I understand his frustration but that should be taken behind doors with 'The Don' With that said, we all know how Majerus is...he exercises his freedom of speech. If Biondi wants to fire him...good luck.

Just to add to this...again, I haven't seen anything on television or through media outlets where Majerus is throwing Biondi or the school under the bus. Sources telling Fox 2 News that Majerus is upset is not the same as Majerus going out in public and ripping Biondi. Big difference there. So Majerus tells someone that he is upset about the travel. I don't see anything wrong with that.

I don't understand some posters wanting Majerus to be quiet.

Finally we have someone standing up to Father Biondi. I hope Majerus wins the battle.

If Biondi runs off Majerus I will no longer be a donor, season ticket holder, or fan.

We have been mediocre for most of my life. That fault lies almost entirely on Father Biondi. With Majerus I see a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel. Then again I should have known it was too good to be true, I am a Billiken fan.

We should have thread upon thread calling for Biondi's head. Instead we have people who want Majerus to shut up and take it just like Grawer, Spoon, Romar, and Soderberg did. No wonder our program is where it is.

Finally we have someone standing up to Father Biondi. I hope Majerus wins the battle.

If Biondi runs off Majerus I will no longer be a donor, season ticket holder, or fan.

We have been mediocre for most of my life. That fault lies almost entirely on Father Biondi. With Majerus I see a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel. Then again I should have known it was too good to be true, I am a Billiken fan.

We should have thread upon thread calling for Biondi's head. Instead we have people who want Majerus to shut up and take it just like Grawer, Spoon, Romar, and Soderberg did. No wonder our program is where it is.

People need to remember that Biondi, while a powerful and opinionated person, still has a board of trustees to deal with. Given some of the things that Majerus has said in public, I seriously doubt that all of them are Majerus fans. Keep that in mind. Majerus has to be smart enough to know that he has to play the game intelligently. At the end of the day, for a lot of very influential people, basketball is just another program, another sport at the University - to the extend that a member of that program becomes a public liability, it will create problems for that person and for the program that go beyond Biondi. It is probably much different at schools known for basketball like Kansas, Kentucky, Duke, and UNC, but this is SLU not one of the aforementioned.

I've got tickets to the GeeDub game tonight including the pregame reception. Biondi is supposed to be there. Anybody got any questions they want to channel?

Seriously, not tipping my hand because who knows but I want to ask the guy questions myself. Is that going against protocol? Will I get my degree repossessed? Has anyone confirmed the flap is really, really going on and is really, really over charter air flights?

As for the Fox TV report, who are ""sources at SLU?" Maybe it could be one of us relaying what is said on here. Going big time takes a commitment. We just don't seem to do it that way.

if rick wants to take biondi public on his reneging on a deal they had for all charter flights and he has something in writing or he says cheryl levick or someone else was in the meeting when it was promised. i say carpe diem rick. fight that battle all day and i will be right behind you. the end result of this is that my hope that rickma changed the budget approach to the billikens forever goes out the window the second rickma leaves if biondi does this now.

that said, shame on rickma for not staying on topic. quitting his radio show, doing a competitor's radio show at the same time he was too busy to do his is not nice. dragging the kids into the battle and adding extra travel days to prove a point. all wrong wrong wrong.

fight your battle rick, but dont go off subject hurt others and the overall billiken program doing it.

I don't recall many saying RM should shut-up. Some feel like I do that he should keep it in private. How he verbalizes this with May and Biondi is his choice, he just shouldn't do it in the media.

As I've said before, this is just a pushing match between two high maintenance, egotists, and RM can't win this shoving match. He needs to publicly shut up about the Valley and the Good Father needs to quit showing RM what travel in the Valley will be like.

All they are doing by allowing this to go public is retard the progress of the program. I've previously posted this, and reaffirm it, RM is betting everything on being a winner. Sure looks like he has the team headed quickly in that direction. For many on this board, winning is all that matters.

Frankly, I believe his job is to build a program, which includes building excitement on and off campus. Pack the building. Train a group of Assistants that will carry on after he leaves. As we all know, X and Gonzaga are the role models. I'm sure we hope to get there soon. (Hell, I'm 60 and don't have another 30 years to hope)

This bickering, which should be internal, only serves to hurt everyone. It doesn't help attendance, which is the only reason that the Good Father hired RM. Attendance=revenue=paying off the debt. I work for a company that is a large sponsor of the Athletic Department, and I've expressed my concerns over this childish behavior. I doubt that it does any good.

A...freakin'...Men!

Nailed it. Great post.

Im starting a Fr. Biondi protest on Grand at noon today. Meet me in the quad. Who is in!? Bring signs of Majerus.

if rick wants to take biondi public on his reneging on a deal they had for all charter flights and he has something in writing or he says cheryl levick or someone else was in the meeting when it was promised. i say carpe diem rick. fight that battle all day and i will be right behind you. the end result of this is that my hope that rickma changed the budget approach to the billikens forever goes out the window the second rickma leaves if biondi does this now.

that said, shame on rickma for not staying on topic. quitting his radio show, doing a competitor's radio show at the same time he was too busy to do his is not nice. dragging the kids into the battle and adding extra travel days to prove a point. all wrong wrong wrong.

fight your battle rick, but dont go off subject hurt others and the overall billiken program doing it.

I agree for the most part. If you want to take on Biondi and feel like you're justified, I'm all for it. The passive-aggressive approach he seems to be taking stinks. Deal with the problem at hand. It's no wonder RM is single (not just because of his appearance either :P ). Could you imagine it...it would be something like: "you're putting in too much time at work and it upsets me, but rather than tell you that I'm going to quit doing the laundry" Yikes!

I heard RM was going to be on Dateline, 20/20 and 60 minutes this week. Apparently, he is going to talk about Dickey during one of these shows. Can anyone confirm?

Big Dickey PED scandal soon to break. Rickma is just trying to get ahead of the story and screw the local media at the same time.

I'm not exactly sure what I heard as I was getting into my car as Frank C and Strickland were talking about the Billikens and Rick's dealing with the media. I think Frank said that practices are now open to the press by order of Chris May. Anybody catch this?