Coaches' Shows

kevinfootes

This post is pointless. I thought we were close to getting past this.

Well, according to the news I just watched. RM quitting hisshow has nohing to do with flying coach! Hmmmm????

Brilliant.

Yes, SLU is comparable to North Carolina, Kansas, Syracuse, Texas.

Plenty of taxpayers budget money, TV exposure, NCAA tourney visits, charter flights, big alumni bucks, tremendous local media support, you nailed it.

Good comparison.

Here is a question I haven't heard ask yet.............. Is there any terms in Majerus's contract about doing a coaches show?

If there isn't this is really gatting blown out of proportion.

if there is, tough ######, cuz biondi already broke his end of the deal.

i'm tired of this cheap ######. let's keep the fat man happy and go to the

GOTDAMN NCAA TOURNAMENT.

jeebus.

One step forward, two steps back. The official motto of the SLU Athletic Department.

If Majerus ends up leaving over something this petty, I think it should be time to reconsider the status of the president position at our favorite jesuit institution.

One step forward, two steps back. The official motto of the SLU Athletic Department.

If Majerus ends up leaving over something this petty, I think it should be time to reconsider the status of the president position at our favorite jesuit institution.

Agree completely with Jimbo. Everyone needs to just quit whining and enjoy the ride!!!

Brilliant.

Yes, SLU is comparable to North Carolina, Kansas, Syracuse, Texas.

Plenty of taxpayers budget money, TV exposure, NCAA tourney visits, charter flights, big alumni bucks, tremendous local media support, you nailed it.

Good comparison.

First of all, this was just for fun. Lighten up. :lol: However, you do spell it out very well. If these coaches with much more pressure can find time to do things like this, why can't we figure this out? Maybe they have "tremendous" media support because, among other things, they do things like...have someone show up for the coach's show! Are you really going to justify the amatuer hour we're seeing from our athletic department? If you like, I can find private university coaches who have radio and tv shows. ;)

Here you go. Now explain to all of us how SLU can't be anything like Marquette. :lol:

http://www.gomarquette.com/sports/m-baskbl.../110109aaa.html

how about the fat man makes us happy and brings us to the tourney. :lol:

that is what i am stressing. we walk on his back, he sits on ours and crushes us. everybody's happy. ish.

for serial, manbearpig, i wish biondi would sack up and FULLY commit. if majerus keeps recruiting like he is, he doesn't even have to show up to the games any more, and we'll be the best we've ever been. majerus isn't asking for any more than what he was apparently promised up front, and yeah, the MVC ###### gets old, but that's just white noise. give him his planes back and he'll probably shut up.

First of all, this was just for fun. Lighten up. :lol: However, you do spell it out very well. If these coaches with much more pressure can find time to do things like this, why can't we figure this out? Maybe they have "tremendous" media support because, among other things, they do things like...have someone show up for the coach's show! Are you really going to justify the amatuer hour we're seeing from our athletic department? If you like, I can find private university coaches who have radio and tv shows. ;)

Here you go. Now explain to all of us how SLU can't be anything like Marquette. :lol:

http://www.gomarquette.com/sports/m-baskbl.../110109aaa.html

-if it was for fun where are the indications of that? we can;t read tone and it appears you know how to use the face things

do these coaches show up consistently and do their own show? or is it just called the ______ show

do these coaches show up consistently and do their own show? or is it just called the ______ show

I have no idea how much money Rick gets for his defunct show, but many programs get around state pay restrictions by paying coaches huge dollars for these shows. It's a way for sponsors and alums to pay huge coaches salaries.

I don't know. In much of the verbiage reads like "join coach xx each week". At least the schools listed have comitted to having something on the air at a regular basis.

I'd really rather see Porter on the air weekly and have RM join him for 10-15 minutes every couple of weeks. I just think Porter comes across better and would be a better voice for the team.