Majerus on Radio Tonite

TheBand

This is bizarre. Rick is on WGN sounding happy and excited about his team, the conference, etc. It is great for recruiting that he is on the radio up there, but why is he on the radio in Chicago during the same time slot as his show in St. Louis?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep in mind, he's said he likes the quality of ball in the league. He hates the travel because the kids have missed something like half their classes to far this semester.

Keep in mind that hasn't stopped him from talking up the MVC every chance he has had the last couple of weeks.

This is bizarre. Rick is on WGN sounding happy and excited about his team, the conference, etc. It is great for recruiting that he is on the radio up there, but why is he on the radio in Chicago during the same time slot as his show in St. Louis?

I'm thinking he is doing this for recruting purposes. Chicago has way more talent that STL and maybe this is a way for Rick to reach out to them. See previous posts about 'Great League' 'Great School' etc. I don't mind this at all as long as he isn't doing it in Des Moines.

Rammer talked with Rick earlier in the day. They played a recording of some of it around 4:50 this afternoon. Rick said that he couldn't do the show every week because of #1 the team's travel. #2 his need to prepare for games, #3 his charity commitments.

Interestingly, they also reported on 101 at that time that there would be no Majerus/Billiken show tonight. I wonder if no one else was available or if the radio station is playing hardball...like no Rick = no show. This is pure speculation on my part (before the bashers come out).

Does anybody know if they aired any SLU programming tonight?

You can also assume/speculate that 101 sold advertising based on the premise that Majerus would be on the show each week. I hope this doesn't diminish the value of broadcasting our games and relegate back to being on stations that you can't hear after dark.

is there no more show on 101???

Though we are all listening to WGN, if you were listening to 101.1, Majerus taped a segment with Rammer that aired in part during "The Fast Lane." Not sure who else is on the Billikens Show tonight, though.

They're not airing any "Billiken Show." The Brian Kinney show is on 101.1.

Dave "Kap" Kaplan is a long time good guy and hoops junkie. He is a current college hoops broadcaster, and former coach in the mid 1980's at Northern Illinois among other things and places. He is also a close friend of Kevin O'Neill and others. He knows his ball and he's a good guy. He's been doing the night time WGN sports a long time talking Cubs, Bears, Hawks, Bulls, college sports etc...