Majerus on Radio Tonite

TheBand

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it was funny that he appeared on NPR's "Car Talk" on Saturday, but it's all starting to make sense to me now.

I LOVE Click and Clack the Tappett Brothers!!!!!

Thought I would post this, just so everyone was aware of it. The following passage is from Fr. Biondi's February message to the University (in fact, it's the first passage):

Coach Majerus' Recent Comments: An article in the January 29th St. Louis Post-Dispatch referred to some comments made by men's head basketball coach Rick Majerus during a January 25th interview on WGN Radio in Chicago. During the show, Coach Majerus mentioned his views on abortion and embryonic stem cell research. As a result, I feel obligated to express the University’s position on these two issues.

It should be clear to everyone that Coach Majerus was speaking as a private individual, sharing his own personal views. It should also be clear that Coach Majerus is not a theologian, an ethicist nor a member of the University's faculty. He does not speak with any authority for the University on such issues, and his comments do not represent the views of Saint Louis University. The University remains committed to acting consistently with the teachings and precepts of the Roman Catholic Church. As a Catholic, Jesuit university, SLU's mission, vision and values support the Church's positions and teachings on abortion and embryonic stem cell research.

The personal views of a single staff member should not diminish, in any way, Saint Louis University's standing as a beacon for Catholic, Jesuit education for nearly two centuries.

Thought I would post this, just so everyone was aware of it. The following passage is from Fr. Biondi's February message to the University (in fact, it's the first passage):

Today, 08:23 PM

It is obvious to me that Biondi should offer RM a long extension as RM has much to offer in the way of being an attention

getter for the University in its pursuit for bettter basketball and the education of students in the ways of the Church. We trust the

recruits listen to him at basketball practise and the faculty when it comes to other subjects.

Coach Majerus is not a theologian, an ethicist nor a member of the University's faculty. He does not speak with any authority for the University on such issues, and his comments do not represent the views of Saint Louis University. The University remains committed to acting consistently with the teachings and precepts of the Roman Catholic Church. As a Catholic, Jesuit university, SLU's mission, vision and values support the Church's positions and teachings on abortion and embryonic stem cell research.

The personal views of a single staff member should not diminish, in any way, Saint Louis University's standing as a beacon for Catholic, Jesuit education for nearly two centuries.

--------------------

University News - Sports Beat Writer

Men's Basketball

Women's Volleyball

--------------------

A day will come when we need to hire a new coach or bump PM up to replace RM. Hopefully this day is a few years, and a couple of NCAA appearances, down the road. But when it does come the interview process might include some moral and religious questions.

AD: What are your thoughts on the stem cell controversy?

CANDIDATE: I tried that system in my previous job. Didn't work. You gotta have a really quick PG and a dominant PF to run it successfully.

AD: Ok, how about a woman's right to choose?

CANDIDATE: Whoaa, I been a happily married for fifteen years. I ain't no Rick Pitino.