Mitchell in Practice

SluSignGuy

Kwamain Mitchell was cleared to practice on Monday and is out on the court. He’ll be re-examined on Tuesday morning and if all is well, he’ll be able to play on Tuesday against UMKC.

http://www.stltoday.com/blogzone/billiken-...y-against-umkc/

I can't believe nobody has responded to this bit of good news. It seems like the bad news tends to attract people. This is very fortunate. I think it was Rutgers who recently lost a player for the season due to an eye injury. The timing of the injury was very unfortunate as I think with Kwamain the last game was very winnable, but at least it looks like it won't be an extended period of time. You saw how the Bills played without him this year and last year with the Richmond game and it was not good.

I can't believe nobody has responded to this bit of good news. It seems like the bad news tends to attract people. This is very fortunate. I think it was Rutgers who recently lost a player for the season due to an eye injury. The timing of the injury was very unfortunate as I think with Kwamain the last game was very winnable, but at least it looks like it won't be an extended period of time. You saw how the Bills played without him this year and last year with the Richmond game and it was not good.

It is great news. I was kind of operating under the assumption that we wouldn't need him tomorrow night and I definitely don't want him to push a recovery unnecessarily. Especially w/ something as sensitive as an eye he just had surgery on three days ago. But if can go and wants to, hell yeah, let's make the monkeystomp that much more grandiose.

I have no idea about eye injuries like KM had at all. But I wonder about how his vision will be after such a short time. Obviously this is a concern because having good/great vision is huge part of basketball and really any sport. If he can only see well out of 1 eye that could throw off his normal depth perception and make shooting or even passing very difficult. Hopefully KM's vision in the injured eye is good and he'll be able to contribute just fine tomorrow night. He seemed to be able to see okay when sitting on the bench Saturday, so that is good.

We definitely need him but my understanding is that although he was cleared to practice he still may not play Wednesday. I feel similar to Jimbo. I want him to be completely healed before he plays again. We need him more in the long run more than for Wednesday nights game; especially for conference games. If he is healed then I am very happy. I'll be even happier when guards other than JJ and CS start contributing more offensively.

Against a team like UMKC I'd be more inclined to rest him. It is pretty easy to tell if an eye is healed or not. It either has a hole or it doesn't. I hope he's ready to go.

I want Majerus to get him some Elliot Perry goggles though.

-if i am his father or his coach i ask the question if he gets whacked in the same place again what happens to that eye?

-if the answer is bad i have him fit for goggles and tell him he has to wear them to practice or play

-he would have umkc and e ill to adjust with them before on the road at bgreen

-his long term health is more important

exactly what kind of surgery did he have? i apologize if it was posted before, i must have missed it.

It was posted here he had a corneal abrasion and a 'hole in his eye' which needed surgery to close. Usually a corneal abrasion heals up pretty quick 24 hours or so with no residual. The surgery thing is longer depending on extent, complications, etc.

mhg