will win Saturday night end the relentless come back to MVC

GOSLU68

Springfield, MO annointing Cuonzo Martin as the savior of the program after years of getting ignored by the NCAA selection committee.

Personally, I wonder why we don't play Bradley home and home instead of MO State. Peoria

is only 170 miles from Chaifetz and easier to find campus. If you go back 40 or 50 years

they are more like us than MO State or SIUC which are comparatively newer state schools

similar to teacher colleges like Il State, Normal

Springfield, MO annointing Cuonzo Martin as the savior of the program after years of getting ignored by the NCAA selection committee.

Personally, I wonder why we don't play Bradley home and home instead of MO State. Peoria

is only 170 miles from Chaifetz and easier to find campus. If you go back 40 or 50 years

they are more like us than MO State or SIUC which are comparatively newer state schools

No, our winning or losing means nothing related that discussion. If SMS is happy with Martin then good for them but it has no bearing on us.

Springfield, MO people all think they're the heir apparent to what?

When is the voting for the coaching Hall of Fame? Why don't we just annoint Cuonzo now. Who cares that he lost 13 of his last 17 games last year after starting the season with a nice record (just like this year). Anyone who can beat Auburn at at home and then 8 other no names MUST be a genious.

In the meantime, I'm Clock_Tower.

“I’m from Chesterfield.” “We scratch. We fight. We make it work.”

You think this is rough? I’ll say. Come to my town. Where I’m from.

When is the voting for the coaching Hall of Fame? Why don't we just annoint Cuonzo now. Who cares that he lost 13 of his last 17 games last year after starting the season with a nice record (just like this year). Anyone who can beat Auburn at at home and then 8 other no names MUST be a genious.

Hey now, Tulsa is LEGIT. For real.

Who exactly annointed Cuonzo Martin anything? Who deemed him a genius? As far as I can tell, one writer wrote one nice article about him the other day. And I missing something?

"I'm from Lesterville. We drink. We $h!t. We believe in Santa Claus."

honestly, as bad as their schedule appears, it also appears from the most recent rpi numbers show their sos is not much worse than ours (slu 126 southwest missouri state 136).

Why all the hate for C. Martin? Just because some in the STL media are jacked up over a guy who came out of East St. Louis and made good? We stole their former coach. The Cards AA team plays in their city. We've been playing this team consistently for over 20 years and they have beat us most years. They are currently ranked. Bring it on! I'm psyched for the Mo State game. I enjoy the local angle with Cuonzo. I don't care if Bernie or whoever is rooting for Cuonzo because of his back story. Whatever it takes to stir up local interest in a game at Chaifetz is fine by me.

Why all the hate for C. Martin? Just because some in the STL media are jacked up over a guy who came out of East St. Louis and made good? We stole their former coach. The Cards AA team plays in their city. We've been playing this team consistently for over 20 years and they have beat us most years. They are currently ranked. Bring it on! I'm psyched for the Mo State game. I enjoy the local angle with Cuonzo. I don't care if Bernie or whoever is rooting for Cuonzo because of his back story. Whatever it takes to stir up local interest in a game at Chaifetz is fine by me.

Aren't you exaggerating some things?

I know Missouri State has been getting a few votes in the polls (or it could be that one person thinks they're top 15!), but I don't recall seeing them being ranked in the Top 25. EDIT: Or are you referring to their being No. 23 in the RPI?

Aren't you exaggerating some things?

I know Missouri State has been getting a few votes in the polls (or it could be that one person thinks they're top 15!), but I don't recall seeing them being ranked in the Top 25. EDIT: Or are you referring to their being No. 23 in the RPI?

They're high up in RPI and are only ranking in a few online polls, like Fox Sports. AP and Coaches they're getting votes.

I don't think we should discount any of the quality wins they've racked up so far (Tulsa, Auburn, Air Force, etc.). We'd be proud to have beaten any of those teams.

I'd be happy we won the games just like I'm happy with a win over SIU, Belmont, and Kennesaw, but some MSU fans seem to think those are all great wins over quality opponents. They're 9-0 and I will give them that but they haven't played anyone IMHO yet. Heck, if they weren't 9-0 I'd be surprised. They're a quality team and young like us.

I don't think there is any real hate for Martin. It is just people giving the SMSU fans a hard time. Besides he will probably want to get the hell out of Springfield and try to get the SLU job when Rickma retires. Move on up like Spoon did.

To the OP, I hate to admit I am old enough to remember the days when the Bills were in the MVC and Bradley was a hated rival. I don't have a problem with MSU and Coach Martin getting favorable pub for their good start. Having said that I sure as hell hope we come out on top Saturday. Are they expecting a sell out for the game.

Maybe if C. Martin does well in the minor leagues we can choose between him and Moser when Majerus retires/goes into spaghetti-ohs coma.

Spanking SMS will not end the debate it will never end. Most just can't help themselves when that bi-weekly thread is posted.

Oh yeah and I like Bradley they have some history it maybe ancient but they have some. I like the school had a fun time there on a road trip back in the day. They had this giant burrito place there and I'm talking in 98 back before burritos went mainstream through Chipotle. They have a lot of STL people that go there.

We should play them.

Maybe if C. Martin does well in the minor leagues we can choose between him and Moser when Majerus retires/goes into spaghetti-ohs coma.

Spanking SMS will not end the debate it will never end. Most just can't help themselves when that bi-weekly thread is posted.

There's a difference: Cuonzo looks like he'll be a successful Valley coach, something that can't be said for Moser.

He'll be back in the Big 10 or another BCS school before you have a chance at him.

Sometimes you need the right guy at the right place. Moser had great recruits at ISU and now he's had Majerus' tutelage for a few years plus he'll be at SLU a better place than Normal IL with great facilities so things are a bit different than before.

Sometimes you need the right guy at the right place. Moser had great recruits at ISU and now he's had Majerus' tutelage for a few years plus he'll be at SLU a better place than Normal IL with great facilities so things are a bit different than before.

A few years of "tutelage" is not enough. I don't understand the Porter needs to be our next coach business. Why would we drop our standards that much? A proven coach would be much more attractive than another chance for a failed Valley coach.

A few years of "tutelage" is not enough. I don't understand the Porter needs to be our next coach business. Why would we drop our standards that much? A proven coach would be much more attractive than another chance for a failed Valley coach.

-i guess it is impossible for us to live through the rick era without discussing who will next patrol our sidelines, whenever that will be ;)

His recruits at ISU were....ehhh.

Even though they play a horrible non-conference schedule, Jank's talent level is better than Moser's was when he was there.

His recruits at ISU were....ehhh.

Even though they play a horrible non-conference schedule, Jank's talent level is better than Moser's was when he was there.

The reason PM Keeps popping up is he was given a different title

than the other assistant coaches "Associate Head Coach"

that may have been a pay grade thing but would also enhance

his recruiting strength in lieu of R M making more trips

and elevates him if he wants to stay or go. It is a perk

and I think Bernadi (excuse spelling) but the Former Wright

state coach we had also may have had that title. Never the less

guy Phillips seems to have defrocked PM by lumping

him into his assisted by dialogue

The reason PM Keeps popping up is he was given a different title

than the other assistant coaches "Associate Head Coach"

that may have been a pay grade thing but would also enhance

his recruiting strength in lieu of R M making more trips

and elevates him if he wants to stay or go. It is a perk

and I think Bernadi (excuse spelling) but the Former Wright

state coach we had also may have had that title. Never the less

guy Phillips seems to have defrocked PM by lumping

him into his assisted by dialogue

Paul Biancardi was not the associate head coach. Porter Moser has been Rick Majerus's right-hand man since they came to SLU.