A 10

p diddy

Not only did Temple whip No. 3 Villanova today, but Rhode Island is beating Boston College by double-digits on the road. X is leading Cincinnati by 10 in the second half.

I know coach RM is not happy with the A-10 and wants to go to the MVC. Maybe, if he would stop whining about the league and quit trying to run away from the athletes and competition of the A-10 and pining to get into a one-bid league, we might make a better conference showing in the future.

Just my two cents worth.

bad boyz for life

Not only did Temple whip No. 3 Villanova today, but Rhode Island is beating Boston College by double-digits on the road. X is leading Cincinnati by 10 in the second half.

I know coach RM is not happy with the A-10 and wants to go to the MVC. Maybe, if he would stop whining about the league and quit trying to run away from the athletes and competition of the A-10 and pining to get into a one-bid league, we might make a better conference showing in the future.

Just my two cents worth.

bad boyz for life

I tend to agree with you. If we were running the table in the A10, I could see why RM and others would be wanting to move on. As it is, let's take care of business.

I tend to agree with you. If we were running the table in the A10, I could see why RM and others would be wanting to move on. As it is, let's take care of business.

The A10 has the advantage of keeping most of it's star players for four years. This allows some teams to compete and many times defeat some BCS schools. The time may soon come when the A10 will have four teams qualify for the NCAA tournament in the same year.

The A10 has the advantage of keeping most of it's star players for four years. This allows some teams to compete and many times defeat some BCS schools. The time may soon come when the A10 will have four teams qualify for the NCAA tournament in the same year.

It wasn't that long ago that the A-10 had four and a few instances, five teams make the big dance.

If I recall in 2004, both SJ and X made the Elite 8 and Temple and Richmond were also in the tournament. Richmond was good with Belein, but they had the misfortune of playing wisconsin in Milwaukee in the first round.

the league was down for a few years, a few years ago, but it is an impressive league.

bad boyz for life

As I see it, the issue is simple: men's basketball is what matters, and the A-10 is a better basketball conference. All the debate regarding distance, overall admissions, etc. is just white noise.

I don't know what RM's knock on the A-10 is other than it might be more difficult to dominate it like his Utah teams did with MWC. But at the time he wanted in the PAC 10, didn't he? This debate has got to end someday, because I think the powers that be, read Biondi, like SLU in the A-10 because of the academics and east coast cosmopolitan flavor of the schools. I think he views the MVC as hick schools and not in line with SLU's philosophies. For the life of me I still can't figure out why someone doesn't try and put together a nice 8 team midwest conference of; X, Dayton, Butler, Creighton, Drake, Valpo, SLU, Loyola-Chi or Detroit Mercy. And when the BEast implodes add Marquette and DePaul.

I have no interest in being in a league with Valpo, Drake, L of Chicago, and DM - one or two is fine but not all four. Having all four would not bring much prestige to the new league. If you take the entire weekend - the A10 was 7-3 with two wins over top 20- teams - one #19 and the other #3. How can you complain about the A10 or even say we would be better off in any other league that is not a BCS one.

83-79 in 2OT.

The key play for Xavier was an old-fashioned three-point play to tie the game late in the first overtime.

I was at the game last night at Cintas Center, and it was a blast. The place was electric, and everything about it felt like a good old-fashioned rivalry. The benches cleared twice- in the first half. It's a shame this game was only on ESPNU, so more people didn't get to see it. It was on ESPN2 the past few years and ESPN before that. I'd like to see it get bumped back up, but then again ESPN has such a hard-on for Duke-UNC, all other rivalries are treated like they don't matter.

Great win for the conference, and a huge win for Xavier. Sitting at 5-3 after some tough losses in Orlando and at K-State, this changes the tone of their season. Now they have a week off before heading up to Hinkle Fieldhouse to play Butler, who just beat Ohio State there. I'll be at this game, as well, and it would be another big win for the conference if Xavier can pull it off. They also have Miami-Ohio, LSU, and Wake Forest before the conference season starts, a few more opportunities to make some noise for the A10.

It was nice opening ESPN.com this morning and seeing both Temple and Xavier in the top headlines. For what it's worth, the A10 is still 5th in the RPI at this point. I'm sure the Big Ten and Pac 10 will leap frog it eventually, but no one else will.

i went back and forth between the xu-cincy game and the rhode island-boston college game. both great games. rhodey is going to be a tough matchup for us as everyone seems to be 6'6" and a great athlete. they are going to be a good team this year.

i have seen xavier three times this year now and i thought last night was the best they have played.

holloway was special last night and truly won the game for them. i go back and forth on love. he might be the worst help defender for his talent i have ever seen. but then he rebounds like crazy and can be very good offensively around the rim. i thought frease would be better than what he is thus far. the crawford guy has to make coach mack crazy. a lot of talent but seems to have a mind of his own on offense. a lot of poor floor decisions however that said, he is one hell of a talent. we do not match up well with him. john, cassity or salecich will have the biggest assignment of the year guarding that kid.

that gates "kid" for cincy is a monster. my gosh he is joey dorsey like. stephenson is a poor man's lebron in the way he plays. imo, not quite there yet though he is a fantastic talent.

I watched the game on ESPNU. Really good game. The referees lost control a couple of times and nearly had riots on their hands.

The offsetting technical fouls on Crawford and Bishop were the right calls, and the refs couldn't have helped what Bishop and others tried to do afterwards. The one they messed up was calling the intentional foul on Love later in the first half. That should just have been a normal foul. The fact it was 'intentional' may have caused the UC side to react more than they otherwise would have. Otherwise, the refs did a pretty solid job last night and made the right call more often than not in some tough situations. There were a few surprising no-calls but they were consistent.

I loved the atmosphere, the intensity from both teams and staffs and the fans. I was surprised there weren't more UC fans in the house, and it's impressive that more tickets didn't get into their hands. Nice work by the Xavier fans on that. I would love for SLU to have that annual home-and-home regional rivalry that would guarantee a sold-out house and both sides playing at their highest level of intensity.

At the SLU-SIUC game last weekend, a buddy of mine remarked to me after Bocot's hard intentional foul on Mitchell that he couldn't believe how no one on our team even shot Bocot a dirty look, and how they just walked over to the bench and did nothing. Say what you will about the teams of Romar and Soderberg, but if Kenny Brown or Anthony Drejaj or Chris Sloan or Josh Fisher saw one of their teammates fouled like that, they wouldn't have just let it go. I was reminded of that in the XU-UC game last night when both teams showed their willingness to stand up for their teammates. I love our squad but would like to see some of that fire.

ESPN2 running WSOP repeats is a joke. Does anyone watch that crap anymore? I thought the poker craze was over.

The offsetting technical fouls on Crawford and Bishop were the right calls, and the refs couldn't have helped what Bishop and others tried to do afterwards. The one they messed up was calling the intentional foul on Love later in the first half. That should just have been a normal foul. The fact it was 'intentional' may have caused the UC side to react more than they otherwise would have. Otherwise, the refs did a pretty solid job last night and made the right call more often than not in some tough situations. There were a few surprising no-calls but they were consistent.

I loved the atmosphere, the intensity from both teams and staffs and the fans. I was surprised there weren't more UC fans in the house, and it's impressive that more tickets didn't get into their hands. Nice work by the Xavier fans on that. I would love for SLU to have that annual home-and-home regional rivalry that would guarantee a sold-out house and both sides playing at their highest level of intensity.

At the SLU-SIUC game last weekend, a buddy of mine remarked to me after Bocot's hard intentional foul on Mitchell that he couldn't believe how no one on our team even shot Bocot a dirty look, and how they just walked over to the bench and did nothing. Say what you will about the teams of Romar and Soderberg, but if Kenny Brown or Anthony Drejaj or Chris Sloan or Josh Fisher saw one of their teammates fouled like that, they wouldn't have just let it go. I was reminded of that in the XU-UC game last night when both teams showed their willingness to stand up for their teammates. I love our squad but would like to see some of that fire.

ESPN2 running WSOP repeats is a joke. Does anyone watch that crap anymore? I thought the poker craze was over.

Clearly your friend did not see BC out at center court jawing with the SIUC players.

Clearly your friend did not see BC out at center court jawing with the SIUC players.

I guess I missed that, too. Conk had every reason to go after those guys, especially Bocot. What we saw was the SLU players get called over to the bench for an injury timeout.

Good points but Drejaj Sloan, Fisher, etc. playing in their freshman year - even in the Sophomore years - would not have stood up for their player like they did as Jrs and Srs. Another sign of us being a very young team.