SLU v. Nebraska

TheA_Bomb

Well my foul mood early has been turned on its ear. One of the better wins in awhile. Player of the game KM. Bills 2-0. Yeah, buddy.

Oh yeah, Bills scored 41 in the second half. When does that ever happen??? B)

And RM comes on the radio after? a first?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Majerus in order had good things to say about Jon Smith, Cory Remekun, Jeff Reid, Femi John, Kwamain Mitchell, Brian Conklin, Willie Reed, Christian Salecich and Kyle Cassity. Specifically said that he holds Femi to a high standard because he's so tough and smart but he played well in a lot of different positions. Kwamain shoed great leadership. Left out Justin Jordan, somehow, but I'm sure he just forgot. Seemed pretty pleased w/ everything. No reason why he shouldn't be. Great game.

He was on the radio after the last game. I don't know what has changed that Moser is no longer the one on the radio.

Nice win. John Smif 3 Blocks in 6 minutes. Play that dude the whole game and he gets 19 blocks!

Undefeated.

He was on the radio after the last game. I don't know what has changed that Moser is no longer the one on the radio.

Nice win. John Smif 3 Blocks in 6 minutes. Play that dude the whole game and he gets 19 blocks!

Undefeated.

Very nice win, and lots of interesting numbers in the stat sheet tonight. The young guys did all the little things and got it done. Great stuff.

In other A10 action tonight, upstart Cornell takes down UMass, Rhody has little trouble with Brown, and Fordham beats Sacred Heart by 10 at home.

Huge A10 game tomorrow morning, with Dayton taking on Georgia Tech in Puerto Rico.

Majerus has been on the radio the past couple of games. I think they just figured to send Earl into the locker room to interview Rick. Probably a good solution. This way Rick gets to be with the players right after the game, and fans are happy to hear their coach.

Thoughts from tonight:

CS is willing to shoot from anywhere... Literally anywhere. I dont know what his final percentage was but he hit some REALLY deep threes but also airballed a few... May be a step slow at this point in his career, especially defensively.

JJ - The kid is flashy and he can add some serious excitement to our team... BUT he can get downright sloppy. Cut down on the turnovers and he will be one of the best bench guards we have had in years.

JS - SKINNY AS SOMEONE CAN BE but his arms are literally as big as KM. He can recover quickly and does a great job of doing so on the defensive end. Would like him to be able to sit inside a bit more as he spends a ton of time on the 3 point line. If he develops any type of quick hook with those arms he will be a solid 4. Clearly brings tons of energy as he blocks everyone and thing in sight.

WR - Had a great dropstep of his left side on some ginger kid which was beautiful. Clearly improving with every game and has even started to box out with authority like Conklin on some occasions. Sadly, he still gets tired in 5 minutes and his energy and hustle d is gone.

BC - threw about 5 shoulders and truck someone madden style (the kid who got killed ended up getting a foul). I have started to believe every college team needs this banger to be successful. He loves banging down low and getting rebounds.

KM - best player on the team. Floor leader. Everything we have said for the last year. Even yelled at kids when they improperly ran an offensive set tonight. He knows what needs to be done and is willing to make other people better any way possible.

KC - He is not going to be an all star. He will play solid d, wont get backdoored and can hit the occasional 3. He is our guard version of Conklin and has shown a propensity over the last few games to mix it up and go for rebounds in traffic.

FJ - solid d, streaky jumper, someone who finally made some free throws for this team, another glue guy.

For the rest of the crew, did not notice anything much which can be good. Did not do anything extremely poor and did not do anything which I needed to go out of my way to point out. I am still confused why CR needed to be redshirted. He looks bigger than willie already and may not understand the game as well but is bigger and quicker than i expected.

Overall, a complete effort on the defensive end. Trapped well, rebounded well, even moved well on offense. I would love to see this team pick up the tempo a little bit as we are so athletic but with rick its simply not going to happen right away. I know Nebraska is not KU, but give this team time and we WILL make noise in the A10... and like last year, especially at home.

Thoughts from tonight:

CS is willing to shoot from anywhere... Literally anywhere. I dont know what his final percentage was but he hit some REALLY deep threes but also airballed a few... May be a step slow at this point in his career, especially defensively.

JJ - The kid is flashy and he can add some serious excitement to our team... BUT he can get downright sloppy. Cut down on the turnovers and he will be one of the best bench guards we have had in years.

JS - SKINNY AS SOMEONE CAN BE but his arms are literally as big as KM. He can recover quickly and does a great job of doing so on the defensive end. Would like him to be able to sit inside a bit more as he spends a ton of time on the 3 point line. If he develops any type of quick hook with those arms he will be a solid 4. Clearly brings tons of energy as he blocks everyone and thing in sight.

WR - Had a great dropstep of his left side on some ginger kid which was beautiful. Clearly improving with every game and has even started to box out with authority like Conklin on some occasions. Sadly, he still gets tired in 5 minutes and his energy and hustle d is gone.

BC - threw about 5 shoulders and truck someone madden style (the kid who got killed ended up getting a foul). I have started to believe every college team needs this banger to be successful. He loves banging down low and getting rebounds.

KM - best player on the team. Floor leader. Everything we have said for the last year. Even yelled at kids when they improperly ran an offensive set tonight. He knows what needs to be done and is willing to make other people better any way possible.

KC - He is not going to be an all star. He will play solid d, wont get backdoored and can hit the occasional 3. He is our guard version of Conklin and has shown a propensity over the last few games to mix it up and go for rebounds in traffic.

FJ - solid d, streaky jumper, someone who finally made some free throws for this team, another glue guy.

For the rest of the crew, did not notice anything much which can be good. Did not do anything extremely poor and did not do anything which I needed to go out of my way to point out. I am still confused why CR needed to be redshirted. He looks bigger than willie already and may not understand the game as well but is bigger and quicker than i expected.

Overall, a complete effort on the defensive end. Trapped well, rebounded well, even moved well on offense. I would love to see this team pick up the tempo a little bit as we are so athletic but with rick its simply not going to happen right away. I know Nebraska is not KU, but give this team time and we WILL make noise in the A10... and like last year, especially at home.

Agreed on almost all of that. Especially CS's willingness to shoot. Jon Smith might be skinny, but boy can he block shots. It's just tough when he is in, because he is another person on our team that isn't really allowed to shoot. Conk, Willie, and Kwamain continue to be the heart of this team, as they go we go. Kyle played just fine. If he plays like that every game, I'm fine with that. He doesn't have to be a 40% 3-point shooter to be effective on the court. We play better when he is out there.

Undefeated.

What has changed is that they are now doing the interview in the locker room so they do not have to wait until after the media interviews and it does not require the coach, who has bad foot issues at times, to make the long trek back to the far end of the arena.

I loved Conklin's pick in the back court for Kwamain 2 minutes into the game. The Nebraska player was rubbing his head for the next minute or two. I was pretty disappointed when Conklin set up for another in the 2nd half and Christian didn't run his man through it.

The kid is a beast.

Speaking of undercover werewolves... KC has six boards and four assists so far AND he hit a three. He can keep on stepping up.

KC is also now sporting what appears to be the makings of a beard. Coincidence? Maybe. But I say its the werewolf coming out.

CS also had some facial hair. Probably at least 3/11ths werewolf.

After the SEMO game, I determined that some relatively obvious and simple improvements needed to be made in order for this team to play better as the season progresses.

First of all, we needed to find a way to limit or eliminate altogether the moments which could be described as complete and utter garbage. By that I mean the multiple passes that go out of bounds and other freshmen or even sophomore mistakes that caused silly turnovers. In the St. Ambrose and SEMO games especially, those seemed to come in bunches. Tonight they were much less frequent and didn't come in bunches. 10 turnovers.

The other thing that really needed to be worked on was free throw shooting. Tonight we shot 69% from the charity stripe. It would be nice if it were higher, but it sure beats the heck out of the 47.8% against SEMO, the 40% against Arkansas-Fort Smith, or even the 60% against St. Ambrose. We also scored 20 points from the line tonight, which was a nice improvement over the previous games.

Did anyone expect our margin of victory against Nebraska and St. Ambrose to be equal? I certainly didn't.

yeh hammer, can we leave him alone now. the bills play much better when kc is in the game. it allows km to be more offensive minded. they work really well together.

With Cassity, I think he is at his best when he is in the lineup with two 3-point shooting threats. For example, with Mitchell and Jordan or Mitchell and Salecich. I don't think he is as effective if he is out there the same time as Femi.

With Cassity, I think he is at his best when he is in the lineup with two 3-point shooting threats. For example, with Mitchell and Jordan or Mitchell and Salecich. I don't think he is as effective if he is out there the same time as Femi.

Didn't get a chance to watch the game tonight, but congrats on the win.