Stats for Today's Game

kshoe

There is no doubt that Lisch's good play the past 5 games was a major part of our resurgance, but today him, and the rest of the seniors were just bad. Here's some stats from the game for our seniors.

Minutes played: 85 (42% of total)

Points scored: 21 (34% of total)

Turnovers: 10 (50% of total)

Rebounds: 10 (29% of total)

Shots taken: 22 (43% of total)

Shooting Percentage: 36%

Shooting percentage of non-seniors: 55%

One last stat: 21 team fouls for SLU vs. 7 for RI. In an 8 point game that discrepency is just brutal.

There is no doubt that Lisch's good play the past 5 games was a major part of our resurgance, but today him, and the rest of the seniors were just bad. Here's some stats from the game for our seniors.

One last stat: 21 team fouls for SLU vs. 7 for RI. In an 8 point game that discrepency is just brutal.

2 fouls in a half is impossible. 3-1 is outrageous. It's impossible to say the poor officiating didn't influence the outcome of this game

Same old story; we get hosed by NE refs, SLU = 3 times the fouls of RI.

And with Kevin going 4-16, forget it. He showed signs of life vs. beat up Charlotte squad in 2nd half, but no-go today.

KM looks like the real deal again, though.

St. Joe loss today bad for us, they will be spanked into focus for game on Weds.

Same old story; we get hosed by NE refs, SLU = 3 times the fouls of RI.

And with Kevin going 4-16, forget it. He showed signs of life vs. beat up Charlotte squad in 2nd half, but no-go today.

KM looks like the real deal again, though.

St. Joe loss today bad for us, they will be spanked into focus for game on Weds.

Tommie was horrible, worst game I have seen him play in a Billiken uniform. I dont like calling out kids but he was just bad. Sorry

Tommie was horrible, worst game I have seen him play in a Billiken uniform. I dont like calling out kids but he was just bad. Sorry

Tommie took just 4 shots and had 5 turnovers. Completely terrible and unacceptable from a senior who has started for 4 years and played the 4th (almost 3rd) most minutes in the team's history.

Tommie took just 4 shots and had 5 turnovers. Completely terrible and unacceptable from a senior who has started for 4 years and played the 4th (almost 3rd) most minutes in the team's history.

i would rather play the freshman who have fire in their belly. they will make a lot of mistakes, but at least they will have the attitude and aggresiveness. i'm tired of watching our best players standing around. they don't play like that at home, only on the road. i don't understand it at all. it's like they don't care if they win on the road.

I couldn't agree more. I'm hard on Tommie because I think he has the tools and the skill...problem is, I don't think he has the mentality to lift his game. I think if Tommie played with a chip on his shoulder he would be a very good player. It's too bad.

I couldn't agree more. I'm hard on Tommie because I think he has the tools and the skill...problem is, I don't think he has the mentality to lift his game. I think if Tommie played with a chip on his shoulder he would be a very good player. It's too bad.

you hit the nail on the head. i've been saying it all season. if tommie played like he was even half awake, he'd be dominant. he's got the most pure talent on the team and just never brings it. and for the record, I DON'T CARE IF YOU DON'T LIKE RICK MA'S OFFENSE! he's a proven coach, with proven results, and proven success developing players. tommie reminds me of that player in "Rudy" that got reamed out by the coach saying "if you had half the heart of ruderger, you'd have been all-american. instead, you just went from 4th team to prep team."

tommie, you've got realize how good you are. you've got more skills then nearly everyone in the a-10. play like you want to be there and want to win in the conference tourny. you owe to the program and to your teammates to not waste it.

you hit the nail on the head. i've been saying it all season. if tommie played like he was even half awake, he'd be dominant. he's got the most pure talent on the team and just never brings it. and for the record, I DON'T CARE IF YOU DON'T LIKE RICK MA'S OFFENSE! he's a proven coach, with proven results, and proven success developing players. tommie reminds me of that player in "Rudy" that got reamed out by the coach saying "if you had half the heart of ruderger, you'd have been all-american. instead, you just went from 4th team to prep team."

tommie, you've got realize how good you are. you've got more skills then nearly everyone in the a-10. play like you want to be there and want to win in the conference tourny. you owe to the program and to your teammates to not waste it.

I disagree with you completely. You make it seem like Tommie doesnt care. Thas not true and It's not fair to Tommie. IMO he cares as much as anyone on the team and If you dont think he cares you're not paying attention.

I think tommie has just lost all of his aggresiveness on the offensive end. Instead of looking to score, he differs to KM and KL. He still cares but he is no longer the offensive threat he used to be

I disagree with you completely. You make it seem like Tommie doesnt care. Thas not true and It's not fair to Tommie. IMO he cares as much as anyone on the team and If you dont think he cares you're not paying attention.

I think tommie has just lost all of his aggresiveness on the offensive end. Instead of looking to score, he differs to KM and KL. He still cares but he is no longer the offensive threat he used to be

your comments come close to my observations as well but what I see is KL, TL, and KM all want to play one on one playground basketball. At the beginning of the season, they got the ball into Conklin, Conklin would pass to BT. then WR started and TL would pass to WR. Now in games

we lose it is because they forget the pick and roll and motion offense and they go back to trying to beat their man. If they are unsuccessful then they absolutiely quit on us. I would rather see KL go 4 for 16 than TL go 1 for 5 or 1 for 6 even if he does lose the handle a couple of times. But

most of all KM has been setting the stage for one of them to star to the benefit of the team or to take it down if they miss. We missed about

10 layups yesterday because there was no misdirection, no passing, just run straight to the rim and miss or get blocked. It is not like high school

ball where you are six inches taller or two steps faster than the opponent Yes we did miss RM today

your comments come close to my observations as well but what I see is KL, TL, and KM all want to play one on one playground basketball. At the beginning of the season, they got the ball into Conklin, Conklin would pass to BT. then WR started and TL would pass to WR. Now in games

we lose it is because they forget the pick and roll and motion offense and they go back to trying to beat their man. If they are unsuccessful then they absolutiely quit on us. I would rather see KL go 4 for 16 than TL go 1 for 5 or 1 for 6 even if he does lose the handle a couple of times. But

most of all KM has been setting the stage for one of them to star to the benefit of the team or to take it down if they miss. We missed about

10 layups yesterday because there was no misdirection, no passing, just run straight to the rim and miss or get blocked. It is not like high school

ball where you are six inches taller or two steps faster than the opponent Yes we did miss RM today

Tommie had a chance to change the game. Late in the 2nd half we were trading TOs with RI and fast breaks. Tommie got a loose ball and had open court. Instead of going strong all the way, he went his usual half speed, other players caught up to him defensively and he missed a layup. RI came down hit a jumper and went up by 11. A four point swing there. If Liddell had raced down the court and made a game changing dunk I believe the outcome of today's game could have been different.

It is silly at this point to expect any different. Liddell and Lisch are what they are. It is just frustrating to see Liddell have a bunch of physical tools but just not the mental makeup to push his game to the next level.

Tommy only took 4 shots because in a possesion he only touches the ball once, when he passes the ball it never comes back. I think Kevin took at least 12 shots

The refs really took us out of the game - many of our turnovers were charging fouls and we never got a call in the paint while touches were called when RI was in the paint. The only reason we were still in that game late was the RI ineptitude at the FT line. Kudos to the players for keeping their heads up and still being in the game that late. Even up the fouls, and that game is ours.

I think it is a real positive that the freshmen are picking up their scoring. It is great to see KL and TL get 15 or 20 points but I have to believe when our freshmen are scoring KL and TL are going to see better shots. And with better shots they hopefully will score as many points with less shots, a real positive for the team.

With no dominate/talented scorer on this team I rather see 4 or 5 guys scoring 10 points plus rather than two scoring 20. The more we spread out the scoring the better percentage shots this team will get.

The refs really took us out of the game - many of our turnovers were charging fouls and we never got a call in the paint while touches were called when RI was in the paint. The only reason we were still in that game late was the RI ineptitude at the FT line. Kudos to the players for keeping their heads up and still being in the game that late. Even up the fouls, and that game is ours.

The NE refs treat us like country hicks; they think SL is a cornfield.

We have no chance of winning a key game like this in the A-10.

Even if we reduced TO's, or if Kevin had hit 8-16 instead of 4-16, refs would make sure we get nipped.

Would like analysis of foul stats last few yrs for away vs home games in A-10 where game is winnable for SLU (defined as point spread within 8-10 pts or so).

We get far, far worse treatment on road than we get favorably at home.

2 fouls in a half is impossible. 3-1 is outrageous. It's impossible to say the poor officiating didn't influence the outcome of this game

It looks like Rickma agrees with you guys about the refs.

http://www.stltoday.com/blogzone/billiken-...-in-rhody-game/