Scott Suggs

bbill

I noticed he hasn't been playing much for Washington -- only averaging about 5 minutes and 1 point, and he's only played in 11 of their games. Does anyone know if he's hurt or why he isn't playing more?

Would SLU be interested if he wanted to come back home?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife said she heard Frank C. make a comment last night that we shouldn't be surprised if Suggs transfers back to SLU or Mizzou within the next year or so.

I love Frank and his enthusiasm but in my opinion he's rarely had the pulse of who is really coming to SLU. He tends to pump up our chances far more then reality. That being said I'd welcome him back with open arms if he wanted to come back home.

My wife said she heard Frank C. make a comment last night that we shouldn't be surprised if Suggs transfers back to SLU or Mizzou within the next year or so.

Wow, that would be huge. Zo's got WU playing pretty good ball right now, so I'd be surprised if Suggs will see any appreciable increase in playing time this season.

I love Frank and his enthusiasm but in my opinion he's rarely had the pulse of who is really coming to SLU. He tends to pump up our chances far more then reality. That being said I'd welcome him back with open arms if he wanted to come back home.

I suspect Cusumano is merely wishing and/or guessing.

I believe Scott Suggs will be just fine at Washington, with Romar as his coach. I saw him on a couple of occasions after his senior season, and while I can tell he's gifted, he didn't appear ready to make a big impact in Div. I ball right away. That appeared obvious to me in the DJCF game, especially when the all-Mizzou recruit team took control of the game. I thought Femi John was the only player on the local squad who was able to go toe-to-toe with them, and he's redshirtting and none of the Mizzou recruits is dominating in the Big XII, so it seems reasonable that Suggs isn't making much of an impact in the Pac 10 -- yet.

Oh you mean like when he said Stemler was a "done deal" and none of us should give it a second thought?

Personally I don't think we can worry about a guy like Suggs. Maybe, just maybe, Romar has players BETTER than Suggs he's already recruited and are on the team. Maybe they are MUCH better than Suggs.

Oh you mean like when he said Stemler was a "done deal" and none of us should give it a second thought?

Personally I don't think we can worry about a guy like Suggs. Maybe, just maybe, Romar has players BETTER than Suggs he's already recruited and are on the team. Maybe they are MUCH better than Suggs.

Suggs is going to end up being fine at UW if he stays. He wasn't ready to play at the level coming out of HS, but has a top notch skill set. They are still very high on the kind of player that Suggs will be at UDubb.

List for me, if you will, all the St. Louis area kids that waltzed straight out of high school and were major contributors at a BCS-level college basketball school? BCS would include the top five or six conferences like Big Twelve, Big East, Pac 10, Southeastern, Atlantic Coast, CUSA (before the break up) and even throw in there the A10 and the Missouri Valley.

Short of Larry Hughes, I can't think of many.

Suggs will most likely be fine. If he stays, he'll get developed and he'll love it. If he goes, it probably just another misguided youth who had an overinflated opinion of himself and decided to listen to his entourage instead of those who develop players as a rule (coaches). If he wanted to come home, I think anyone would be insane not to accept him but I don't see that happening. Way too many times folks like Frank seem to get sucked in to this belief that all these kids are coming home for some reason or another. Sure, Jamal Johnson did it and so did Evan Pedersen and Jim Roder and Ted Mimlitz and Pee Wee Lenard. Of those five, only two were successes, as far as I'm concerned. So in taking the kid, you have maybe less then a 50% chance that he's worth anything. But its up to the coach and staff.

I don't think anyone passes up on a perceived talent like Suggs but I don't see him coming home at all. Pie in the Sky.

I suspect Cusumano is merely wishing and/or guessing.

I believe Scott Suggs will be just fine at Washington, with Romar as his coach. I saw him on a couple of occasions after his senior season, and while I can tell he's gifted, he didn't appear ready to make a big impact in Div. I ball right away. That appeared obvious to me in the DJCF game, especially when the all-Mizzou recruit team took control of the game. I thought Femi John was the only player on the local squad who was able to go toe-to-toe with them, and he's redshirtting and none of the Mizzou recruits is dominating in the Big XII, so it seems reasonable that Suggs isn't making much of an impact in the Pac 10 -- yet.

Hey guys first post. Just so you know I am an MU fan AND a Billiken fan so not here to flame just talk bball. Don't get to see any SLU games on TV here but I've been reading this forum for several years.

While I agree that none of the tiger frosh are dominating the BigXII who thought they would? They are making an impact and Suggs is seeing little if any playing time and all of the new guys at MU with the exception of Moore are seeing significant playing time. English is starting and Denmon has been 6th man off the bench often. Paul and Bowers are both seeing a lot more minutes than Suggs. So four out of five are playing more ball than Suggs.

I don't want to make this an MU post just stating the fact that if he had went to MU or SLU I'd have to think he'd be playing more and the statement about making an impact could be wrong I really feel MU have at least three frosh that have made an impact. English, Denmon then Bowers with Paul playing fairly solid at point. Moore was an is a project and had to lose a ton of weight which he has done. So unless you rate Suggs at Moore's level he very possibly could be seeing a lot of minutes at MU and making an impact in the BigXII

Hey guys first post. Just so you know I am an MU fan AND a Billiken fan so not here to flame just talk bball. Don't get to see any SLU games on TV here but I've been reading this forum for several years.

While I agree that none of the tiger frosh are dominating the BigXII who thought they would? They are making an impact and Suggs is seeing little if any playing time and all of the new guys at MU with the exception of Moore are seeing significant playing time. English is starting and Denmon has been 6th man off the bench often. Paul and Bowers are both seeing a lot more minutes than Suggs. So four out of five are playing more ball than Suggs.

I don't want to make this an MU post just stating the fact that if he had went to MU or SLU I'd have to think he'd be playing more and the statement about making an impact could be wrong I really feel MU have at least three frosh that have made an impact. English, Denmon then Bowers with Paul playing fairly solid at point. Moore was an is a project and had to lose a ton of weight which he has done. So unless you rate Suggs at Moore's level he very possibly could be seeing a lot of minutes at MU and making an impact in the BigXII

for being an "MU fan AND a Billiken fan", you sure didnt talk about the billikens much on the main billiken message board in the world.

for being an "MU fan AND a Billiken fan", you sure didnt talk about the billikens much on the main billiken message board in the world.

exactly roy. i thought the same thing. i think that mu and a billikens fan is wearing a tiger tail, what do you think?

Thanks for the welcome guys and yes I am a tiger fan and SLU fan the post was about Suggs, I used MU to make a valid point about Suggs and look at the replies. That is one reason I've never posted here before.

Maybe someone would like to make an intelligent reply to my post. Instead of the MUphobic replies.....

BTW I root for all Mo. teams why wouldn't you? MU and SLU are both instate schools I see no reason why you can't be a fan of both, I stated I was a tigerfan too so it's not like I'm trying to hide anything.

I also root for the Cards and the Royals, the Rams and the Chiefs is that wrong or unbelievable?

Thanks for the welcome guys and yes I am a tiger fan and SLU fan the post was about Suggs, I used MU to make a valid point about Suggs and look at the replies. That is one reason I've never posted here before.

Maybe someone would like to make an intelligent reply to my post. Instead of the MUphobic replies.....

BTW I root for all Mo. teams why wouldn't you? MU and SLU are both instate schools I see no reason why you can't be a fan of both, I stated I was a tigerfan too so it's not like I'm trying to hide anything.

I also root for the Cards and the Royals, the Rams and the Chiefs is that wrong or unbelievable?

If you've been reading this board for years as you claim, you would know that 99% percent of the board doesn't like to talk about Mizzou not matter what type of thread it is. If you don't realize that, then you are clueless. How can you not expect to get some backlash when your whole post was about the Tigers? Come on dude, get a clue.

And I think it is pretty much straight forward why most fans here don't cheer for Mizzou...the better team Mizzou has, the more pull they will have on recruits in the St. Louis area, which SLU needs in order to succeed in the future and get over that hump. Not neccesary, but it certainly would help SLU's causes of deveoloping a top 25 program by keeping local talent in STL.

Thanks for the welcome guys and yes I am a tiger fan and SLU fan the post was about Suggs and I used MU to make a valid point about Suggs and look at the replies. That is one reason I've never posted here before.

Maybe someone would like to make an intelligent reply to my post. Instead of the MUphobic replies

just for balance sake I have two degrees from SLU but went to Illinois to start and grew up on the Eside; I believe you will find the Mason-Dixon

line split lots of us since before land grant colleges and I root for Cardinals, football and baseball, Rams, Bears and I took the pledge as a freshman

at Champaign-Urbana and still know the words to "Were loyal to you Illinois" SLU unfortunately, still has no "fight song" as far as I know. But I bleed blue and sometimes orange and blue if it does not interfere with my Alma Mater's interest.

So go ahead its a free world- but if MU or the fighting Illini play SLU welll you can find me backing the Bills

just for balance sake I have two degrees from SLU but went to Illinois to start and grew up on the Eside; I believe you will find the Mason-Dixon

line split lots of us since before land grant colleges and I root for Cardinals, football and baseball, Rams, Bears and I took the pledge as a freshman

at Champaign-Urbana and still know the words to "Were loyal to you Illinois" SLU unfortunately, still has no "fight song" as far as I know. But I bleed blue and sometimes orange and blue if it does not interfere with my Alma Mater's interest.

So go ahead its a free world- but if MU or the fighting Illini play SLU welll you can find me backing the Bills

It will be a cold day in hell before Mizzou plays SLU. it might tarnish their image, they couldn't possibly stoop that low. What if they would lose, oh my.

i am also an eastsider, but graduated from slu. i always root for the Illini when they play Mizzou.

if i were SLU i wouldn't want to play a team that arrogant.

If you've been reading this board for years as you claim, you would know that 99% percent of the board doesn't like to talk about Mizzou not matter what type of thread it is. If you don't realize that, then you are clueless. How can you not expect to get some backlash when your whole post was about the Tigers? Come on dude, get a clue.

And I think it is pretty much straight forward why most fans here don't cheer for Mizzou...the better team Mizzou has, the more pull they will have on recruits in the St. Louis area, which SLU needs in order to succeed in the future and get over that hump. Not neccesary, but it certainly would help SLU's causes of deveoloping a top 25 program by keeping local talent in STL.

I realize for some reason there is nothing but MU bashing on here. That is why I haven't posted here. And for your information I was reading this board before the change to the new site.

You need to read the post I replied to. The post was about Suggs and MU was part of the subject I made and Intelligent reply with valid points and all I get is BS!!!! Why no replies on the subject which was Suggs playing time........

Again thanks for the welcome and glad to see you guys want to talk basketball. What a joke

We did very well when we played both MU and Illini, last and I would think that RM is raising our status to the point that Illini will get tired of beating

MU and want to try us on for size if we get more kids like KL, TL and even Cotto out of the near Eside; for years the Illini have owned the recruiting

there and they can't afford to let a juggernaut like RM's Billikens dominate the area.

Our big problem with KMOX for years carrying Mizzou is that we get that crap forced down our throats even though St. Louis is a much bigger audience that rural Missouri

I realize for some reason there is nothing but MU bashing on here. That is why I haven't posted here. And for your information I was reading this board before the change to the new site.

You need to read the post I replied to. The post was about Suggs and MU was part of the subject I made and Intelligent reply with valid points and all I get is BS!!!! Why no replies on the subject which was Suggs playing time........

Again thanks for the welcome and glad to see you guys want to talk basketball. What a joke

for your information, in your post you referred to Suggs and all of your freshmen at Mizzou by name. do you know any of the freshmen on the Billikens? thought you would since you are supposedly a Mizzou fan and a Billiken fan. all you wanted to do was talk about suggs and mizzou not SLU. get over it.

If the reason you don't like MU is because it may hurt recruiting that's a joke. While you want to keep those local boys home I really doubt you would win with all local boys. Maybe once in a while but I doubt that happens often. You want the one or two that would help your team. RM can recruit anywhere that's one reason he was a good choice. To be a top 25 program SLU has to be able to recruit in more than just the Stl area.

We did very well when we played both MU and Illini, last and I would think that RM is raising our status to the point that Illini will get tired of beating

MU and want to try us on for size if we get more kids like KL, TL and even Cotto out of the near Eside; for years the Illini have owned the recruiting

there and they can't afford to let a juggernaut like RM's Billikens dominate the area.

Our big problem with KMOX for years carrying Mizzou is that we get that crap forced down our throats even though St. Louis is a much bigger audience that rural Missouri

i was at the illinois and missouri games that you refer to and yes we did quite well in those games. i think we are in a position to compete at this point. the more unlikely that mizzou will play us. they have too much to lose. therefore they don't want to have to deal with that. it doesn't really matter who the coaches are.

for your information, in your post you referred to Suggs and all of your freshmen at Mizzou by name. do you know any of the freshmen on the Billikens? thought you would since you are supposedly a Mizzou fan and a Billiken fan. all you wanted to do was talk about suggs and mizzou not SLU. get over it.

I said I don't get to watch any Slu games so I try and keep up as much as I can reading this board. Do I know all the freshman? No never said I did. If I wanted to I would just look them up and copy down their names so what does that prove? They weren't mentioned in the post I replied to. So what's your point?

Would it be better if I started my post with all the players names? Most of my info comes from here and I'm beginning to understand how limited that is. You don't care to talk basketball.

You also seem to have a problem grasping the fact I didn't bring Suggs and MU up just responded to a post that did.

I said I don't get to watch any Slu games so I try and keep up as much as I can reading this board. Do I know all the freshman? No never said I did. If I wanted to I would just look them up and copy down their names so what does that prove? They weren't mentioned in the post I replied to. So what's your point?

Would it be better if I started my post with all the players names? Most of my info comes from here and I'm beginning to understand how limited that is. You don't care to talk basketball.

You also seem to have a problem grasping the fact I didn't bring Suggs and MU up just responded to a post that did.

I understand your frustration. This is not a basketball blog it is a billiken basketball blog and I assure you people on here will not let you forget it.

Just have to say your piece and the let the rest carry on. No sense continueing to respond as the rest will come at you until you give up as I have in the Lisch discussions. (Note no negative info about Lisch in this post as promised.) :rolleyes:

Man, they jumped on you like you know what! I must admit I lack the anti-Mizzou passion that some have; I actually root for them unless they are playing SLU, and I like Mike Anderson. However, if you read this forum all the time, HOW DO YOU KNOW ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT THE BILLIKEN FRESHMEN? You have to bring just a tiny bit of Billiken knowledge to Billikens.com, don't you?

To summarize your original post: you said you think Suggs would be "making an impact" at Mizzou. Is there really some great response that we are supposed to have to that and couldn't you have just said that instead of breaking down all the Mizzou freshmen and their contributions to date?

I suspect at the end of the day, SLU or MU would find room for Suggs to return, but as many have said in this thread it likely isn't happening.