Tip-off Club 10/21

To be held at Lorenzini's (the restaurant/bar in Chaifetz) @ 6pm; Shimmy and Rick to be the speakers. Should be good; free snacks, cash bar. I'll miss Humphrey's and all the nice free stuff Jan did for us, but acoustics were not good there; maybe this will be better. Parking on the adjacent lot to the gym; free I presume. This should be well attended and out of towners will get pretty good coverage.

Received a postcard today about the next BC meeting, next Tuesday at 6:00 at the Fetz. Says both Shimmy and Rick will be there. Location will be in the high-roller restaurant, whatever it's named.

It would be nice to hear something about the 10/30 event, if in fact there will be such a thing. Also, maybe the HC can throw us a bone, with a little update on recruiting.

Received a postcard today about the next BC meeting, next Tuesday at 6:00 at the Fetz. Says both Shimmy and Rick will be there. Location will be in the high-roller restaurant, whatever it's named.

It would be nice to hear something about the 10/30 event, if in fact there will be such a thing. Also, maybe the HC can throw us a bone, with a little update on recruiting.

Sorry, I didn't see the prior post on this meeting.

Thicks or Nark, can you just delete this thread?

To be held at Lorenzini's (the restaurant/bar in Chaifetz) @ 6pm; Shimmy and Rick to be the speakers. Should be good; free snacks, cash bar. I'll miss Humphrey's and all the nice free stuff Jan did for us, but acoustics were not good there; maybe this will be better. Parking on the adjacent lot to the gym; free I presume. This should be well attended and out of towners will get pretty good coverage.

What do you mean by this? Will it be broadcasted via conference call (I should get credit for that suggestion!) or something?

What do you mean by this? Will it be broadcasted via conference call (I should get credit for that suggestion!) or something?

Good idea; no... I meant that I expect good attendance and recaps here that will fill in the blanks.

Good idea; no... I meant that I expect good attendance and recaps here that will fill in the blanks.

Got it. You had my hopes up there for a second, but I just misinterpreted what you meant. Seriously, though, it would cost almost nothing to have a conference number for us to call into, enter a passcode given to Billiken Club members, and listen to the meeting live. I would do that.

Major,

Thanks for posting the reminder of the meeting - I'm going to try to make it over there.

As I've said before, I think I must have been dropped from the mailing list since I don't seem to get the reminder postcards any more. Guess I need to donate more.

Major,

Thanks for posting the reminder of the meeting - I'm going to try to make it over there.

As I've said before, I think I must have been dropped from the mailing list since I don't seem to get the reminder postcards any more. Guess I need to donate more.

Damn right you do.

Got it. You had my hopes up there for a second, but I just misinterpreted what you meant. Seriously, though, it would cost almost nothing to have a conference number for us to call into, enter a passcode given to Billiken Club members, and listen to the meeting live. I would do that.

If they offered something like that, I would join the Billiken Club.

I think Steve should make it mandatory that anyone allowed to participate on Billikens.com should be required to join the Billiken Club. Seriously you should join.

I would if I could get something out of it. I am lucky to make it to STL once a year....didn't make a single game last year. So, I don't really get any benefits of joining the club. I've pleaded with SLU to stream the games online so out of town fans could see them...haven't seen any progress on this. Really, the only exposure I have to the team is from this board. I would like a little ROI on my membership. If they made an effort (like setting up a webcam for meetings), I have little doubt that I would sign up. Until then, I'll probably just give here and there.

I would if I could get something out of it. I am lucky to make it to STL once a year....didn't make a single game last year. So, I don't really get any benefits of joining the club. I've pleaded with SLU to stream the games online so out of town fans could see them...haven't seen any progress on this. Really, the only exposure I have to the team is from this board. I would like a little ROI on my membership. If they made an effort (like setting up a webcam for meetings), I have little doubt that I would sign up. Until then, I'll probably just give here and there.

I'm not trying to be a smart ass but it is the one single thing we can all do to support the program. I'm not sure if the minimum membership is $100 or what, but it's not that high. Booster Clubs have become very important in the support of college programs.

I'm not trying to be a smart ass but it is the one single thing we can all do to support the program. I'm not sure if the minimum membership is $100 or what, but it's not that high. Booster Clubs have become very important in the support of college programs.

I think the minimum is $125, which isn't bad, even for most recent grads.

If it's $100-$125/year...that's not bad at all and well within my budget. I thought it was a lot higher for some reason. Is there a website or something for me to look at?

I still wish they would make an effort with the out of town fan. If you are part of the club and "in the know", can you inquire about that? It really would cost next to nothing to open it up for out of towners. I would imagine the number of out of town fans that would join because of that would offset the cost tenfold.

If it's $100-$125/year...that's not bad at all and well within my budget. I thought it was a lot higher for some reason. Is there a website or something for me to look at?

I still wish they would make an effort with the out of town fan. If you are part of the club and "in the know", can you inquire about that? It really would cost next to nothing to open it up for out of towners. I would imagine the number of out of town fans that would join because of that would offset the cost tenfold.

You can get info off of slubillikens,com.

So why was the minimum $150 for my renewal this year?

As a penalty for liking managers who sleep in the dugout during games. :)

Nash, don't forget to mention I referred you. Willie is just my alter ego, I use when I want to post something that makes sense.

I don't think that requiring fans to pay $125 for the ability to listen in on Billiken Club meetings would send the right message. Especially when you can listen to something more substantial, like a stockholder meeting, for free.

Now if they want to offer a online membership for say $25, that might work.

Paying the $125 is for support of the team, plain and simple. You could go to the meetings at Humphreys for free if you wanted as its not like they check to see who is and isn't a BC member. If people don't want to pay the price that is fine but lets all be honest here, the 2nd best thing we can do as fans besides buying season tics is supporting the team financially through the Billiken Club.