stop the the schedule bitch***

TEE

you guys can ***** and complain about the schedule all you want.

BUT scheduling is a two way street. SLU and school X have to agree on the terms.

you guys sound like a bunch of guys in the corner of the bar complaining about not picking up

good looking women, because the hot girl gave you the heisman. Unless school X agrees to play SLU, SLU is left at the bar only to

"go home" with the girl that looks the best in beer goggles.

the AD TRIED to schedule really big name schools, believe me he did.

the schedule is what it is. Until SLU consistantly wins, the name schools will laugh just as the hot girl laughs at the dorky guy with too much

colgne and members only jacket on! Try this, enjoy the NEW ARENA!

Posted Image

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you guys can ***** and complain about the schedule all you want.

BUT scheduling is a two way street. SLU and school X have to agree on the terms.

you guys sound like a bunch of guys in the corner of the bar complaining about not picking up

good looking women, because the hot girl gave you the heisman. Unless school X agrees to play SLU, SLU is left at the bar only to

"go home" with the girl that looks the best in beer goggles.

the AD TRIED to schedule really big name schools, believe me he did.

the schedule is what it is. Until SLU consistantly wins, the name schools will laugh just as the hot girl laughs at the dorky guy with too much

colgne and members only jacket on! Try this, enjoy the NEW ARENA!

Posted Image

by far the post of the day, maybe the month

tee, if we hadnt had better schedules in the recent past or if we were coming off a string of really poor years you might make sense.

if have and we arent.

tee, if we hadnt had better schedules in the recent past or if we were coming off a string of really poor years you might make sense.

if have and we arent.

Roy:

then call Chris May's office and offer your services to become chief schedule maker and while you are at it, ask him for the list of schools he tried to schedule.

what I am saying is the man tried. BCS schools are not that excited about traveling to STL to play a game when they only really want us to come to play at their place. You see we are considered a "BUY" game right now.

A couple of things to keep in mind. Some of these games were likely in place before the current regime. Also, two of the very weak games SC-Upstate and Liberty are part of a tournament... while those are bad games, it does allow the team to go to Vegas to play DePaul and perhaps Creighton... that's a positive.

Roy:

then call Chris May's office and offer your services to become chief schedule maker and while you are at it, ask him for the list of schools he tried to schedule.

what I am saying is the man tried. BCS schools are not that excited about traveling to STL to play a game when they only really want us to come to play at their place. You see we are considered a "BUY" game right now.

tee again you are making no sense. our record is no worse than it has been in most seasons over the last 15 years. what has changed this year to make us a "buy" team? we have a better coach, we have a better facility. your contention makes no sense imo. we have been at weaker points in billiken history in the last 20 years and scheduled better.

and if it is true that we are now a "buy team", then take the buy game vs a top 40 team or two on the road and trade one or two of the 300 rpi games.

Roy:

Then maybe the thought process behind scheduling is wrong. Who among us is griping that we aren't playing a lot of marquee teams? Not many, if any, folks are. Instead, we are asking to aim for the Miami of Ohio's of the world.

I agree with you that few BCS schools are exited to come to SLU in SLU's new building. The AD should have known this and tried to schedule accordingly. If he didn't, then I question his thought process.

Not to mention that laying the schedule at Chris May's feet (good or bad) ignores the content of numerous other posts, which point out that scheduling is often done more than a year in advance. We've known for at least two years that we'd have a new arena this year; was it solely the AD's job (Chris' or Cheryl's) to ensure that we'd have some interesting opponents this year who would have at least an outside chance of drawing in extra attendees? Did anyone above their pay grade exert any influence to try to get some reciprocal favors from, say, other Men For Others?

We are certainly not a plum in terms of a road opponent, but nor are we any more of a dog than we have been in the past (or are any number of other schools). We keep being told "just trust us, we know what we're doing" by the U., but we still haven't seen a whole lot to indicate that there's a good comprehensive plan behind any of this.

Not to mention that laying the schedule at Chris May's feet (good or bad) ignores the content of numerous other posts, which point out that scheduling is often done more than a year in advance. We've known for at least two years that we'd have a new arena this year; was it solely the AD's job (Chris' or Cheryl's) to ensure that we'd have some interesting opponents this year who would have at least an outside chance of drawing in extra attendees? Did anyone above their pay grade exert any influence to try to get some reciprocal favors from, say, other Men For Others?

We are certainly not a plum in terms of a road opponent, but nor are we any more of a dog than we have been in the past (or are any number of other schools). We keep being told "just trust us, we know what we're doing" by the U., but we still haven't seen a whole lot to indicate that there's a good comprehensive plan behind any of this.

Most scheduling isn't done as far out in advance as you say. There are the home-and-home contracts that could lock you in a year or two ahead and early-season tournaments that require more advance notice, but most non-conference scheduling is done between March and August for the coming year. That's why you see websites like the one that is essentially a classified ad for teams looking for games (can't remember the name of it, but it's been posted here before). The process involves a lot of phone work by the coaches and a few others in the AD. There are years like Brad's second season (2003-2004) that are mostly set ahead of time, and that one was mostly because of long-term contracts and home-and-home contracts; the non-conference schedules in 2002-2003 and 2003-2004 were very similar. It's not like that every year, though, and most of our games this year are one-year deals.

In May's case, I don't think he had a hand in any of this scheduling. I'm guessing this was mostly the work of Majerus and his staff, and it is reflective of comments he made several months ago that he wasn't going to load this year's schedule with big-time opponents.

The in thing to do now is rip on all things Rickma.

Rickma has earned the right to be held to a higher standard. In my opinion, he isn't meeting it as of late. But i'm also not privy to his grand plan and/or certain things that he has going on. I have faith in him, but he deserves the heat he's receiving. A simple 10 minute radio interview could take care of a lot of this complaining. Give us a glimpse on recruiting, reassure us about the freshmen, quickly justify the schedule and give a little rah-rah for SLU. Problem solved.

Rickma has earned the right to be held to a higher standard. In my opinion, he isn't meeting it as of late. But i'm also not privy to his grand plan and/or certain things that he has going on. I have faith in him, but he deserves the heat he's receiving. A simple 10 minute radio interview could take care of a lot of this complaining. Give us a glimpse on recruiting, reassure us about the freshmen, quickly justify the schedule and give a little rah-rah for SLU. Problem solved.

you are a wise man moytoy.

I give up, I get it, it is fun to complain.

Poll if given the chance to play at The Augusta National, how many would complain about something?

Posted Image

I heard the greens at Augusta are so ridiculously hard that it isn't any fun to play. How's that :lol:

If you didn't realize he was like this when we hired him you didn't dig deep enough. This has been Rickma's MO for years. If he wins most of the bitching will stop and some people will claim he has changed even when he hasn't.

Roy:

If I just try at my job and don't get results ... I don't get to eat. Of course he tried, and the schedule sucks. When you add in the minnimum cost to the Billiken Club the seats are at a minnimum $30. each, for that we should expect a better schedule, for that we get to gripe.

Gosh Tee, I tried to sell that car, but to make a sale, it takes a buyer and a seller, I was willing to sell and I tried real hard ... when do I get my check?

Our first real game at the new arena being UMSL terrible, whoever is responsible. It's ball less.

Member's Only jacket with your Izod shirt collar turned up is cool. I don't know what the HELL you're smok***!

Furthermore, I would never play Augusta they don't allow Women to be members of the club. Also I think they KILL gophers and other rodents that dig on their course. The fertilizer also goes into the ground water and gives kids cancer. How could anyone support those sexist murdering child poisoners?

I'm not a season tix holder but I think that expectations are playing the biggest role in this let down. You know it's like you are really praying for the Dream Ticket and what do you end up with? A crusty white guy with hair plugs. That's a let down. People were expecting some marque games maybe make a cool sign and wear a shiny blue wig get on ESPN2 now we won't even be on the CW with this sched. As the Dude said, "It's a bummer man."

Member's Only jacket with your Izod shirt collar turned up is cool. I don't know what the HELL you're smok***!

Furthermore, I would never play Augusta they don't allow Women to be members of the club. Also I think they KILL gophers and other rodents that dig on their course. The fertilizer also goes into the ground water and gives kids cancer. How could anyone support those sexist murdering child poisoners?

I'm not a season tix holder but I think that expectations are playing the biggest role in this let down. You know it's like you are really praying for the Dream Ticket and what do you end up with? A crusty white guy with hair plugs. That's a let down. People were expecting some marque games maybe make a cool sign and wear a shiny blue wig get on ESPN2 now we won't even be on the CW with this sched. As the Dude said, "It's a bummer man."

All of you guys are missing the most prescient point about our schedule. Chris May and the bean counters at SLU know that there is going to be at least a one year honeymoon as far as attendance is concerned with the new building. Rickma knows that he has seven freshmen who are going to have to play prominent roles. So no matter how much this sucks for Tommie and Kevin the schedule is the result of these two factors. Some of the lesser RPI games should help the youngsters' confidence, and I doubt Rickma is overly concerned about the NCAA tournament this year. The last time I checked it hasn't exactly been our birthright to be in the big dance every year, no matter what a bunch of SLU obsessed geeks think.

All of you guys are missing the most prescient point about our schedule. Chris May and the bean counters at SLU know that there is going to be at least a one year honeymoon as far as attendance is concerned with the new building. Rickma knows that he has seven freshmen who are going to have to play prominent roles. So no matter how much this sucks for Tommie and Kevin the schedule is the result of these two factors. Some of the lesser RPI games should help the youngsters' confidence, and I doubt Rickma is overly concerned about the NCAA tournament this year. The last time I checked it hasn't exactly been our birthright to be in the big dance every year, no matter what a bunch of SLU obsessed geeks think.

Now that you've enlightened us, I feel so much better about playing a $hitty schedule. The point you're missing is .... don't care why, the schedule sucks.

Now that you've enlightened us, I feel so much better about playing a $hitty schedule. The point you're missing is .... don't care why, the schedule sucks.

If we end up making the tournament in a couple years and Rickma makes a case that this schedule was part of that building process will you still be pissed?

Hell if this team shocks us all and makes it this year will you still be pissed?

If we end up making the tournament in a couple years and Rickma makes a case that this schedule was part of that building process will you still be pissed?

Hell if this team shocks us all and makes it this year will you still be pissed?

do you have a point?

No matter how the season ends up .... right now, today ... this schedule sucks, and openning our new arena with UMSL is sad. If Mizzou had done the same there is zero doubt, you'd have been all over them.

do you have a point?

No matter how the season ends up .... right now, today ... this schedule sucks, and openning our new arena with UMSL is sad. If Mizzou had done the same there is zero doubt, you'd have been all over them.

My main thing is I want to see the team win and make the tournament on a regular basis. Who we play is second to me. I have been going to the games since I was five and have seem enough mediocre teams in my lifetime. If this is how a coach that has more success than any Billiken coach in my lifetime thinks he needs to schedule this year............I am not going to ***** about it. I am going to give him a break on the schedule.