Marcus Relphorde makes decision

Guest BillikenReport

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BillikenReport

He will be playing on the same team as Leon Powell. That team should be a load next year. They went 28-10 and went to Hutchinson last year with a team that only had one sophomore.

He said James Washington was going to be playing there. He's another Vashon kid, who transferred from Western Illinois.

The 07-08 roster also lists former Vashon player Donald Davis.

- Nate

He said James Washington was going to be playing there. He's another Vashon kid, who transferred from Western Illinois.

The 07-08 roster also lists former Vashon player Donald Davis.

- Nate

Nate, appreciate the update.

MR, thank you for all your efforts and your class in handling a tough situation. Best of luck.

wouldn't be shocked to see him end up at UWGB next year with AT. Makes more sense for him to play for a year instead of sit to what basically equates to 2 years. Kid got hosed by Majerus, I think he is going to be a solid contributor, a bigger Danny Brown.

He never showed Danny Brown's speed or athleticism. I thought with his size he had potential to be a power forward, but from his comments he wants to be a wing.

He never showed Danny Brown's speed or athleticism. I thought with his size he had potential to be a power forward, but from his comments he wants to be a wing.

Has the perfect SF body, but just not the skills or athleticism from what I saw. His shot was shaky and he was skittish out there w/ the ball in his hands. Hrrm... does kind of sound like the old Danny Brown. Danny is now my hero, but everyone here can admit to cussing that MF'er out from afar plenty of times before his senior year.

Anyways, back to Marcus. Not to say he couldn't have and won't develop, but I think he was definitely a raw player who simply physically outmatched opponents in high school and couldn't get into the flow of things (yet) at the D1 level. Good luck, Marcus.

Has the perfect SF body, but just not the skills or athleticism from what I saw. His shot was shaky and he was skittish out there w/ the ball in his hands. Hrrm... does kind of sound like the old Danny Brown. Danny is now my hero, but everyone here can admit to cussing that MF'er out from afar plenty of times before his senior year.

Anyways, back to Marcus. Not to say he couldn't have and won't develop, but I think he was definitely a raw player who simply physically outmatched opponents in high school and couldn't get into the flow of things (yet) at the D1 level. Good luck, Marcus.

i doubt we ever saw the real marcus. he seemed to me to play terrified whenever he got in the game. same with the other departees.

Guest BillikenReport

i doubt we ever saw the real marcus.

Someone close to the program told me we would have seen a different, more effective Marcus under Brad Soderberg.

Like many others on this board, I would have liked to have seen Marcus and Knolllmeyer return next year. This upcoming team is probably going to be lacking in size just like this past season's team.

- Nate

I find the statement about a "different, more effective Marcus under Brad Soderberg" somewhat laughable.

Given the past history of "developing players" on this team, what would make anyone think any player was going to be taht way? Short of one or two players on the current roster, past history was such that these guys never saw the floor as freshmen. Sure, once can specualte all they want but let's be reasonable.

I too wish Marcus well. And I hope he does realize his dream at Green Bay or wherever the road leads.

I find the statement about a "different, more effective Marcus under Brad Soderberg" somewhat laughable.

Given the past history of "developing players" on this team, what would make anyone think any player was going to be taht way?

You don't do as well as Relphorde did at a very good prep school without having a fair amount of talent already. I think his performance at Indian Hills will once again confirm that. He just isn't what Majerus wanted.

You don't do as well as Relphorde did at a very good prep school without having a fair amount of talent already. I think his performance at Indian Hills will once again confirm that. He just isn't what Majerus wanted.

imo, only eckerle was.

indian hills is a big power in D-1 juco basketball.

i believe they won back-to-back national titles

in the 90's.

i was wrong, they won 3 straight and finished 6th

at the national tourney this year.

With their 28-10 record in 2007-08, the Warriors ran their record to 87-18 in the three years since Jeff Kidder took over as head coach. That's a .829 winning percentage. IHCC's 6th-place finish in this year's national tournament marks the 6th time in eight national tourney appearances that the Warriors have finished in 6th place or higher. Their overall national tourney record is 20-10 and they are the only team to win three straight national championships, accomplishing the feat in 1997, '98 and '99

Couldn't MR spend a year at IH and get a lot of playing time, his confidence, and his shot and if he proves himself get a return visit to SLU.

Guest BillikenReport

The implication was that under Soderberg, Relphorde could have just gone out and played like he always had, rather than trying to play a position (power forward) he didn't want to and playing timidly in a more strict offensive system for a coach who didn't recruit him.

Still laughable?

The implication was that under Soderberg, Relphorde could have just gone out and played like he always had, rather than trying to play a position (power forward) he didn't want to and playing timidly in a more strict offensive system for a coach who didn't recruit him.

Still laughable?

Yes. I grant you that RM did not want him while Brad did want him; however, I did not see anything (speed, quickness, outside shot, etc.) to indicate he could play the wing. Had practices not been closed, I (and most of this Board) would have a better understanding of how good MR really is and whether he can play the wing.

If MR had been given time at wing under Brad, would we have moved TL to the 4 or the bench? Thanks to Brad's awful recruiting, I don't see how MR would have gotten time at the 3. Without RM, we may not have landed BE and therefore, without BE, we would have been even more need for a 4 and 5. Without BE, Brad may have tried to use DB at the 4 (or even the 5!) like he did.

TL, KL and DB were more to blame for MR's lack of playing time than an admittedly impatient coach - RM.

6'7 220lbs is a really big college SF. A lot of NBA SF's aren't that big. I definitely think he has a small forwards game, but is trapped in a pf's body and needs to use that skill to his advantage by playing the pf position, but using his perimeter skills to destroy opposing pf's who cant guard perimeter-oriented players.