Adam Knollmeyer to Missouri S and T

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Adam Knollmeyer is tranferring to Missouri S and T (Former UM-Rolla) and will play for coach Dale Martin. His younger brother, Jonathan may be joining him there as well, moving on from Benedictine.

Best of luck to Adam.

Adam Knollmeyer is tranferring to Missouri S and T (Former UM-Rolla) and will play for coach Dale Martin. His younger brother, Jonathan may be joining him there as well, moving on from Benedictine.

Good for him. Missouri S and T is Div 2 so he won't have to sit our a year. Also, Missouri S and T is in the Great Lakes Valley Conference, same as NKU. DM and AK will compete against each other.

Best of luck to both Adam and Dustin. Judging from their D2 destinations, it would probably have been difficult to "coach up" these kids into the top 25 D1 success we all expect under Majerus.

My one little story about Adam comes from before the GW game at GW.

I stood outside the team bus before the game to get a ball signed by the whole team. Majerus and players were nice enough to sign for me. Adam though made sure to introduce himself. I knew who he was, but it was sort of a nice gesture. I was actually thrown by it a little. Most players just saw me as Sign Guy. Gave me an autograph or a nod, but few actually introduce themselves.

Best of luck to Adam.

Best of luck to both Adam and Dustin. Judging from their D2 destinations, it would probably have been difficult to "coach up" these kids into the top 25 D1 success we all expect under Majerus.

david, first off, you have to realize that both players expressed when they originally signed with slu that they were very excited to be staying close to home and not having to leave the midwest. one would assume that wish hasnt changed.

second, it was a little late to be shopping as most d-1 schools have their rosters filled by now, especially when you narrow the throat of the funnel by stating you want to stay in the midwest.

last, i am sure the fact they wont have to waste another year of sitting around due to the transfer rules indeed did figure into their plans, especially with dustin who blew his redshirt year last year and would have without a doubt lost a season of playing time had he went to any d-1 school.

i think to take the cheap shot at their ability in this very difficult time in these student athlete's lives was kind of low.

good luck to both. they have always represented themselves as gentlemen and hard working players and students. they deserve happiness.

i think to take the cheap shot at their ability in this very difficult time in these student athlete's lives was kind of low.

Roy, it wasn't intended as a cheap shot at the players.

what was the point then? why even bring up "Judging from their D2 destinations, it would probably have been difficult to "coach up" these kids into the top 25 D1 success we all expect under Majerus"?

just let the kids go. wish them well. there is no reason to make the comment at this time. absolutely none. especially considering how good of kids they were while representing saint louis university.

It was though. For all the talk of letting go of Brad and the past, you can't quite do it can you?

It seems as though some on here would like to attribute Soderberg's problems to Majerus. And, as people continue to get the facts wrong(say for example the one person who posts more than anyone else on here), I'm sure David and others will help straighten out the matters.

what was the point then? why even bring up "Judging from their D2 destinations, it would probably have been difficult to "coach up" these kids into the top 25 D1 success we all expect under Majerus"?

just let the kids go. wish them well. there is no reason to make the comment at this time. absolutely none. especially considering how good of kids they were while representing saint louis university.

Roy, plans change all the time. For Christ's sake, these kids are still going to college for free (or very close to there). They are being afforded an opportunity that people would kill for. So, before you go off and make these kids into martyrs I think you should look at it from a little perspective.

Roy, plans change all the time. For Christ's sake, these kids are still going to college for free (or very close to there). They are being afforded an opportunity that people would kill for. So, before you go off and make these kids into martyrs I think you should look at it from a little perspective.

all i am saying is that david had no business dragging that aspect into the thread. i think it is pretty draconian to be defending davidnark on this issue. if i was the moderator, i would delete the contents of this thread except those that are solely congrats to the student athletes of concern. oh that's right, david's the moderator.

all i am saying is that david had no business dragging that aspect into the thread. i think it is pretty draconian to be defending davidnark on this issue. if i was the moderator, i would delete the contents of this thread except those that are solely congrats to the student athletes of concern. oh that's right, david's the moderator.

Roy I know where you are coming from, but saying someone is a D-2 ball player isn't exactly a put down. It still means they are better than 95 plus percent of the kids that play high school basketball.

Roy I know where you are coming from, but saying someone is a D-2 ball player isn't exactly a put down. It still means they are better than 95 plus percent of the kids that play high school basketball.

i didnt say it as a putdown. davidnark did.

I think it was meant to be a good natured stab at Roy.

At least Skip gets my sarcasm.

It wasn't a shot at the players; I am pretty sure they know they are transferring to D2 schools regardless of what I post on this message board. In fact, I wished them well in my initial post. I am particularly happy to see Adam land at an excellent academic school that still isn't far from his home.

At least Skip gets my sarcasm.

It wasn't a shot at the players; I am pretty sure they know they are transferring to D2 schools regardless of what I post on this message board. In fact, I wished them well in my initial post. I am particularly happy to see Adam land at an excellent academic school that still isn't far from his home.

sarcasm that also downgrades the players. i couldnt care less what you say about me, but you dont need to slam the players in your efforts to attack me again.

I agree. There is no reason to take veiled shots at Adam and Dustin. They represented the program well and for that I thank them for their effort and wish them well.

I see no reason to make statements on their ability since nobody is on here saying what a huge loss they are.

When did Roy become public enemy #1 on this board?

No he didn't. He said it was a shot at the ex-coach. It was and it was a deserved shot.

you people are cold and heartless. nasty. just nasty.

all i am saying is that david had no business dragging that aspect into the thread.

There are lots of things billiken_roy has no business dragging into discussions as well but he does anyway. So just because david did one time doesn't make his comments so bad that they need to be removed.

I am not going to defend david's comment, which I also interpreted to be unnecessary. But to bring up the moderator side of things I also think is unfair.

First remember that David was the one to start this forum back in the day. Second, I cannot think of an instance where I have significantly disagreed with his moderating. Third, this is a web forum, a pretty tame one at that. People know that I am pretty lenient. The moderators step in when needed. But I do not think any of the moderators have used their power to change the direction of the debate to something more consistent with their own opinions, which I am happy about.

you people are cold and heartless. nasty. just nasty.

Roy, what was nasty about any of this? The kids are D-2 ball players and that isn't a taking a shot at somebody. The previous coach left this program in a very bad spot roster talent wise. Those are the facts. To act like they aren't is just being delusional.

Roy, what was nasty about any of this? The kids are D-2 ball players and that isn't a taking a shot at somebody. The previous coach left this program in a very bad spot roster talent wise. Those are the facts. To act like they aren't is just being delusional.

i am delusional then i guess. and even more so, i just dont see this as an appropriate reaction considering the time and effort that they gave saint louis university. while i am sure they are happy that things are working out, still i am also sure the whole fiasco has been embarrassing enough for them. they didnt deserve the shot. why cant we just let them alone. let them fade away into billiken past.